Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Dr. Fetus posted:

Ooh, glad there's another attempt at this one. It's a rather charming game.

Ditto. The "you're the merchant the adventurers you usually play" gimmick is cute, and it's neat that more events start happening once more characters start showing up. It seems like an obvious thing but a lot of these "anime sim genre twist" games don't really have much going on besides the premise itself.

And yeah, count me as one of those guys who took the tutorial to heart and ended up way behind on XP despite doing OK on money (once I broke a chain I'd just start trying to rip people off :v: ). I was just unprepared for how big a jump the last week was, failed and never could play it again. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
I also put Louie at 16, the Standard JRPG Adventurer Age (and incidentally the legal drinking age in a lot of European countries until the 2000s). And I firmly believe the Guildmaster is doing one of those "being charitable for someone too proud to just take the money" things by buying back his own stock at a loss, and he does it all the time. Kind of a shame the merchant mechanics are at complete cross purposes to the story (cutting Louie a break because he's broke in the plot not only leaves money on the table, it can keep you from getting those Pin bonuses)!

Truthkeeper posted:

Actually, I think that third one sounds familiar. Something I played on the PSP. Might have been What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord?

Internet concurs on that one; I'd never heard of it! "Princess G" is Gwaelin, kidnapped by the Dragonlord in Dragon Quest 1. The "inner mind" line makes me assume Persona since these all seem to be video game references. No idea about the "wizard kidnapping people" one, though; if you squint a bit that's everything from Link to the Past to Baldur's Gate 2 to... heck, the Mario games for that matter.

Regarding the previous update, I could've sworn the last week was itself 800k, not that that was the total debt. Did that get patched or is that Game Over-induced PTSD? :sweatdrop: