Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
After spending the early part of the game adventuring, I hit a plateau after a certain boss and checked the bad ending to get a boost. This was before the defense patch after release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Unless there was a very late patch, there are some things that really should have been addressed within a week.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

T-man posted:

Yes.

If you imagine the fairy is Capital's Middle Manager and the kid as the proletariat (adventurers are the lumpen-proletariat) the game gets a lot more interesting from a storytelling standpoint.
The only ethical consumption is mass starvation.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The ever-present dread that if even one week turns out poorly, she will live in the streets, forever.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Not even a little mention of the options menu in an LP. Shameful.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Getting Adventurers to equip items you want can be such a pain in the rear end.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You are hiring mercenaries. They put their lives on the line for cash and bloodshed.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The really good stuff also require a ton of those rare materials.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The price should be set in stone. It is upgrading them each time that makes them expensive.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Crystalgate posted:

Anyway, this talk about prices gave me a thought, what could Recette's dad buy with his loan? I think he could have easily gotten a full set of the most expensive buy-able equipment. Well, it's not as if the game makes him out to be smart with money.
The next HP boosting item. Old School type.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think that is a yet-to-be-revealed adventurer with an attitude.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

zonohedron posted:

I have gotten all the possible adventurers' cards, tediously, largely through having the wiki open so I can check what the pin price for each possible customer is likely to be. I like the game! I like Tear! I really like [the character whose adventurer card you acquire last]!

And I also really enjoy that the reasons customers have for buying an item are randomized totally separately from the random choice of item...

It is a more family friendly fare compared to the stuff that NPCs in Elona ask for. Less spoilers, too.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can't have any time paradoxes.
I have no good memories of the shop atmosphere mechanic.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Some people enjoy being in the box, like it was destiny.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It could be How to train your dragon.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Caillou certainly looks young enough to be a child. Does the guild even care about age when they hire people to do dangerous stuff or does results matter more?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Unfortunately, I don't like any character that can potentially make me lose 10-30 minutes worth of progress if I make more than 2 mistakes. I felt like most character besides Louie can't take hits much.

The first hated spoilered character isn't bad at all. There's just this character who only accepts with exactly 100% price unless you bump their level.

EXP for making a sale = 10
Chain bonus EXP can go up to 128 EXP
So yeah.
You can buff them before sending them in. The game encourages adventuring to be a side quest.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A dungeon for gathering Fur Balls. You might want to sell those immediately since they are vendor trash of no value. No value at all.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Glazius posted:

So what you're telling me is that the merchant's guild attaches numbered tags to common items of clothing and hopes the placebo effect is way stronger than anyone thought?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1tN9jZI80

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Making the shop look good enough to attract the sort of people you want is such a crapshoot anyway and all you have is a blurb to describe it. It is also needlessly complicated if you dig deep enough. I got the best looking one and the people hated it. A patch to address it would help.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think it would be spoilers to go into more detail about making your shop look pretty at this point. It has been years since I played. They probably say more by the time you pay off the debt.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Reginald was in Chantelise as well.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Back before they patched the correct attributes on everyone, the game had a roguelite feel to it since your defense wasn't working and Charme could destroy you in about two hits. One boss also took 1 damage and had to be whittled down for a while.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Section Z posted:

Save your hate for the real enemy. Games that won't highlight stat differences until AFTER it's bought.
I still get annoyed by hidden stats. A shield you pick up has elemental resistances and makes you vulnerable to something if you ID it. Final Fantasy 6 bring up a huge menu that shows elemental and status immunities and other stuff. A weapon gets stronger as your HP rises or gets weaker as you do.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A newbie would sell all the junk from the early dungeons. A veteran would shed a tear for every fur ball sold. Before the cheaper fusion patch came, you needed several times the amount of various items to fuse stuff. You won't be able to +15 every single item, but it was much more sane. I think you needed about 50 items to make certain shoes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Randalor posted:

I won't lie, for a long time I never tried truffles (the chocolate) because I thought they were just chocolate-covered truffles (the mushroom).
I might eat the mushroom if it was covered in bacon as well. Sounds rather tasty.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I never noticed the causes of economic booms because I thought they were storyline fluff. Monster invasion? Goblin Slayer will take care of them.
Caillou was buying jewelry for a girlfriend. It likely failed, making him angry. Keeping him angry all the time.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Charme's icon should be in place of this sentence: Aaaaahm kiddiiiing… m’kiddin’! Yeesh, y’guish’re serioush…

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Go home Tear, you're already drunk.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
He is probably fighting Sentinels.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Maybe it is just the actual Satan the church keeps talking about.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Super Jay Mann posted:

Demons strike terror into humanity and fairies alike, rumored to have evil, mind-bending powers, but apparently they also require corrective lenses for bad eyesight.

Come to think of it, Tear wears glasses too. How exactly do you manufacture glasses for a humanoid creature the size of your hand? Is this just something glasses makers are supposed to become skilled at or is there an entire specialized industry dedicated to corrective lenses for fairies? Is this maybe something Recette can get her hands into instead of retail?
You cast Mini on faerie goods.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Glasses that increase your negotiation so you can sell them for more.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Tielle
I used Caillou too much.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Randalor posted:

A bit of an odd question, but while we're talking other games AND fey-folk-as-dicks, is there a game where you play or control actual fairies? I don't mean something like Glittermitten Grove, but where you play as the rear end in a top hat race of assholes who steal babies from cribs, curse people who cross you, and just all-in-all are the tiny race of magically-powered assholes that fairies and their kin truely are?
The sandbox gameplay in Elona+ permits that sort of thing for any character you create, but you can be a little fairy who does those sorts of horrible things, including eating said babies.

I finished the super dungeon in Chantelise. That is something I am never doing again.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 17, 2019

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Griff is probably working under a blood or soul-based economy and endless war would be good for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought using a certain old school brick decor would bring in the kids, but it didn't get many customers. People are awfully choosy.