Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in
I decided to leave the USA and now I make $2200 US a month in a place where I can rent a studio apartment downtown for under $200

I work 25 hours a week and I have free healthcare

Dinner and a beer is $3

There are no guns here and the mass transit is excellent

America is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

:agreed: now tell us where you live

TheDon01 posted:

Hows big rock candy mountian this time of year?

Top City Homo posted:

What is this place called

It's a little place we like to call "Good China"

Larry Parrish posted:

love to move to the third world and become bourgeois, and act like this is somehow a condemnation of america

Taiwan is comically first world and there is a real bourgeois living here that does not include English Teacher lowlives such as myself

Since I've lived here it strikes me as very odd that a city like Taipei - modern, clean, extremely safe, extremely convenient, where pretty much any Western comfort you can think of is available 24/7 on every block, with universal health care, outstanding mass transit and world-class food, is somehow a cheaper place to live than some shithole in Alabama that aspires to have an IHOP.

Clowner has issued a correction as of 03:55 on Nov 11, 2018

• Locked thread