Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

$57k at mid level IT job in the Seattle area. I'm not living large, but I also have no complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i say swears online posted:

I make $14.65/hr as the highest-paid person in an accounting auditing office at a resort. I work overnight and live in a medium-cost-of-living city. My rent and utilities are 60% of my take-home pay. The night shift plus availability of alcohol at work keeps me from pursuing anything better. I'm just slowly drowning.

I did this same job at 17 for $7.50/hr. I'm 33 now.

lol night auditor. say hello to mr patel for me.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i say swears online posted:

that was the owner where i worked at 17 lol

I used to work at Paymentech back in the day which is how I know approximately 75% of the men who own or manage hotels in the US are named Mr Patel

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gnossiennes posted:

i make about 80k living in CA, and tbqh making more than i ever expected to make in my career. my husband makes about 30-40k working retail (he's been working for the same company for 10+ years).

we do ok. i still have about 30k in student loans and i pay about 1k/mo on it. our rent is like 2.2k/mo. we can't afford a house and probably never will, and houses here start at 500k with a hugely competitive market. plus we're just two people, why the gently caress would we need a whole house???

more critically (to me), i'm trans and terrified to live anywhere else, and i've had an easy experience here with coming out/living as an openly trans person. no issues with my workplace, no one has really been rude to me about it, and i don't want to lose that. i wish all trans people could have this, and god i am scared of losing it. i don't know if i'm strong enough to deal with the alternative.

Not that it's much better cost wise, but Seattle is safe for trans people too.

• Locked thread