Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i pay over 50% of my take home paycheck to my landlord

since this is silicon valley our rent is higher than the national median household income, for a small two bedroom apartment in the suburbs

most of the neighbors pay an even higher portion of their income, everyone here is paycheck to paycheck and the #1 topic of discussion here is where everyone is planning to move away to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

etalian posted:

$48 a hour working as a engineer

$49-50 here, depending on bonuses. the owner of my firm pays himself a salary of $380k. zillow says his house is worth just shy of $5mil

my wife is a medical fellow who gets paid less than the nurses at her hospital

did you know that physicians have one of the worst gender pay gaps of any industry? it's right around 30% and appears to be worsening, which may or may not be related to rising numbers of women doctors

more women than men enter medical school now lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
we hafta bill hourly and project labor estimates for proposals and contracts break it out into hourly costs anyway so it makes sense

• Locked thread