Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
I'm so over Alpha Centauri and Proxima Centauri. Beta Centauri is where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakbox

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
Vega. It was the first star to be photographed not counting our sun. I like to use an app to see where it is because I used to say goodnight to it when I was little with my dad. :unsmith:

FactsAreUseless

Freakbox posted:

Vega. It was the first star to be photographed not counting our sun. I like to use an app to see where it is because I used to say goodnight to it when I was little with my dad. :unsmith:
In the US this star is called M. Bison.

alnilam

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

FactsAreUseless posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The fish kind

Paperboy

:shepface:
Polaris, because that's the only star I know.

Korean Boomhauer
Trek

Manifisto

the stars in campbell's chicken & stars soup

which I have not had in ages but I bet would be amazing comfort food even if it kinda tasted canned and processed

ty nesamdoom!

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
A long time ago in a galaxy far away there was a war about which favorite star was the best

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
which one's the biggest?

alnilam

Cubone posted:

which one's the biggest?

the sun, obviously, i mean it's huge just look at it

the other ones barely cast enough light to see by, pathetic

ty manifisto

Manifisto

while alnilam is speaking I'm gesturing, subtly at first but more and more urgently, to somewhere behind him. after a while he trails off and slowly turns with a rising sense of foreboding. behind him filling up the sky is a hypersupernova, and it's pissed

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
"BAH GAWD! IS THAT CANIS MAJORIS' THEME SONG?!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Peanut Butler

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

God damnit

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Sagittarius A*

Does that count? I mean, the word "star" is right in the name.

Heather Papps

hello friend

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Khanstant
the best star is called Jellybone-9 and it's just barely outside of our observable universe but i know them from way back when the universe was smaller

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
the one with a circumscribed circle

Mayor Dave

Bernie the Snow Clown

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HyLZWlJ1e8

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
has no one said the sun yet?

the sun

Escape From Noise

Manifisto posted:

[casually namedrops] oh a little thing called the sun . . . you probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure

Luvcow posted:

has no one said the sun yet?

the sun

The Moon? Beautiful!
The Sun? Even more beautiful!

Ah ha ha

kuskus

anise :colbert:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
The moon is only bright because it reflects the sun's shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CWVgu2Odjg

nut

all

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Ha, you like Smash Mouth

Prof. Crocodile

my favorite star is daedalus-3. it's technically a black hole now, but i saw it live back when it was still active. it's pretty obscure, I guess, but it's a big deal for people like me who are really into the star scene. you probably haven't heard of it.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

my favorite star is daedalus-3. it's technically a black hole now, but i saw it live back when it was still active. it's pretty obscure, I guess, but it's a big deal for people like me who are really into the star scene. you probably haven't heard of it.

yeah you told me daedalus-3 lived in canada but my older brother says stars cant live in canada

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Wasn't Daedelus the father of Icarus?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Luvcow posted:

yeah you told me daedalus-3 lived in canada but my older brother says stars cant live in canada

for some reason they all end up in the states

nut

samantonio posted:

Ha, you like Smash Mouth

:smith:

Heather Papps

hello friend

hey now, it doesn't make sense not to live for fun. you're an all star, never forget it.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Heather Papps posted:

hey now, it doesn't make sense not to live for fun. you're an all star, never forget it.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I can't believe nobody said HIP 13044-b yet

Crusader

r sculptoris is pretty neat

:wq

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm changing my answer, it's actually World Star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I'm changing my answer, it's actually World Star