Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Chargers took care of business against a bad football team. Rivers started off kinda cold but got it going from the 2nd quarter on and the Raiders couldn't really do much of anything once the Chargers' offense got untracked.

A couple of things that I think we've talked about before over the season but really stood out here:

-the Raiders' offense as it's built right now is pretty much only good for racking up a lot of completions and empty yards between the 20s. They can move the ball decently enough until they got into the red zone and then they completely fall apart. The Chargers actually have a pretty decent defense in the red zone, but regardless, the Raiders can't execute for poo poo once they get past the 20 yard line.

-Their defense is just flat out untalented for the most part. They can give maybe a decent quarter worth of play before opposing offenses get untracked, figure out how to attack them and then they get just absolutely steamrolled. Even when the Chargers' offense was kinda flat for the first quarter and a half, it never really felt like the Raiders were capable of sustaining that sort of performance all game long. It basically felt inevitable the Chargers would start scoring on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
:sigh:

At least the Seahawks kept it close? I feel like I say the same thing every week.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I heard a packer murdered a dolphin. I want this snuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv0_8h1AzLQ

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I want a Chiefs/Rams Super Bowl. The Pats and Steelers better not mess that up.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm not even mad.

This is who the Seahawks are this year. They can beat bad teams, convincingly, but can only hang with good teams. Not beat them. Seems like 8-8 or 9-7 team. Which won’t get the playoffs and is about what I expected this year.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Zwabu posted:

It’s the Saints that are gonna mess that up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Zwabu posted:

The Chargers are gonna mess it up

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Saints Chargers is the best superbowl matchup, so neither would mess it up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Saints Chargers is the best superbowl matchup, so neither would mess it up.

I like what you're selling

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
That'd be great but I don't think the Chargers would beat either the Pats or Chiefs on the way to the SB.

I'd mostly just be happy to make the playoffs this year, honestly. Anything on top of that is gravy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

That'd be great but I don't think the Chargers would beat either the Pats or Chiefs on the way to the SB.

I'd mostly just be happy to make the playoffs this year, honestly. Anything on top of that is gravy.

I'd feel better about going into New England than KC

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Just got around to watching the Bears highlights.

What the gently caress, Parkey :psyduck:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sorry, the Pats are trying an unconventional "only lose to garbage teams" strategy this year, so the Chargers are screwed

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Bengals probably need to fire Teryl Austin this offseason

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Master Stur posted:

That is a strange way to spell Marvin Lewis

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Just got around to watching the Bears highlights.

What the gently caress, Parkey :psyduck:

pody car key

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
DA BROWNS!!! I swear it's weird every time to see the Browns perform like an actual NFL team than some dudes who don't know why they're not on a high school field. Whenever I watch Rodgers on the Packers I wonder "What is this and what are the Browns?" And Baker moves us like that.

I guess we're out of the top 5 in draft picks now. No more Bosa Sweepstakes. Guessing we will finish around 10 for draft.

Where to go from here? If we start to win, does that mean we give Gregg Williams a shot at HC? Do we consider Bruce Arians who says he wants the job? If Kitchen does well as OC, will he stay? I'm inclined to hope Haslam gives Dorsey more leeway and we see benefit if he's good at talent and decisions.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Elephanthead posted:

Lewis just kind of exists and losing him probably means we lose any semblance of a GM. This is definitely the worst ive seen the defense play in a looooooong time

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Master Stur posted:

Lewis just kind of exists and losing him probably means we lose any semblance of a GM. This is definitely the worst ive seen the defense play in a looooooong time

The Saints have kind of been doing that to a number of teams this year.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Gatts posted:

DA BROWNS!!! I swear it's weird every time to see the Browns perform like an actual NFL team than some dudes who don't know why they're not on a high school field. Whenever I watch Rodgers on the Packers I wonder "What is this and what are the Browns?" And Baker moves us like that.

I guess we're out of the top 5 in draft picks now. No more Bosa Sweepstakes. Guessing we will finish around 10 for draft.

Where to go from here? If we start to win, does that mean we give Gregg Williams a shot at HC? Do we consider Bruce Arians who says he wants the job? If Kitchen does well as OC, will he stay? I'm inclined to hope Haslam gives Dorsey more leeway and we see benefit if he's good at talent and decisions.

There's a chance that either or both Mike McCarthy and John Harbaugh will be available next offseason.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

A.o.D. posted:

True but the whole season has been really bad. Last few weeks in particular

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

gently caress, that is scary

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Grittybeard posted:

For whatever it's worth I believe the rule is when things are buzzed down and not when the refs actually blow the whistle.

Although it's possible that's the rule just so no one questions situations where people are fixing the games :tinfoil:

This is what led to the Browns game where the bottles got thrown all over the field.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

The Bengals are on pace to being one of the worst defenses in NFL history.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Darth Brooks posted:

There's a chance that either or both Mike McCarthy and John Harbaugh will be available next offseason.

I don't know. I'm not sure I want either.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I heard about that block on the radio.

Stupid poo poo on St. Brown.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Zwabu posted:

The Saints would like a word.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The Packers are dirty

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Darth Brooks posted:

I don't want a coach that forgets he has a really good running back. We just got of 2 like that.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Master Stur posted:

Hell it might even be this week.

Elephanthead posted:

True but if they fire Marvin Lewis, Mike Brown is the guy that will hire Jeff Fisher/Mike McCarthy. Plus we'll lose Alex Van Pelt, who has been doing amazing things with Andy despite everything else.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1061802262521991168

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lmao this owns. Nelson is on some ancient warrior poo poo, imagine that man coming at you and also hearing that sound

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

but seriously when am I allowed to get excited about the chargers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

a neat cape posted:

but seriously when am I allowed to get excited about the chargers

In the super bowl as they are kneeling to run out the clock in victory if my experience with the Saints is anything to go by

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

What a BS call in the Jags game to blow the play dead to review the previous play well after the ball was snapped

Sadly no bottles were thrown

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Lmfao

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Barudak posted:

In the super bowl as they are kneeling to run out the clock in victory if my experience with the Saints is anything to go by

Pretty much any joy before this is setting the bar too high tbh.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
eagles are rear end my dudes

if we hadn't won the super bowl last year I'd be having a huge melty right now

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm rooting for the Colts as a second team now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

eagles are rear end my dudes

if we hadn't won the super bowl last year I'd be having a huge melty right now

extremely loving same my dude

• Locked thread