Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah the secondary for the steelers is coming together in a huge way now that some guys are back. The offensive line... I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's the best in the whole league. They've been keeping Ben so utterly clean its insane, and they've been opening up homes due conner that would better suit a Mack truck.

The d line is there too, they get pressure consistently and tj watt is exploding now that they moved him back to the left. And obviously their skill position players are just fine.

From what we've seen recently this is a super bowl team. I think they have a very good chance to beat the patriots in their game coming up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Browns game was a joy to watch. Whoever said that basically everything went right for them is correct, it won't always happen like that for sure. Especially when you notice that there were several dumb fumbles that only blind chance kept in the Browns possession. So that needs to be cleaned up badly.

But finally we see an inkling of what this team can be when they actually execute with precision. Every position group looked better, the line looked solid in pass and run blocking. The WRs weren't great but actually caught some balls for once. Baker was killing it and I loved how he showed off his arm. He can really zip it when he's given decent lanes and clean looks, pushing the ball pretty far down the field. The touchdown pass was incredible, and just like we all thought Nick Chubb is good. Of course it was against a legitimately bad Falcons defense, so it's not a huge deal, but I think from the team's perspective this win was important.

The defensive line was solidly stifling the run and getting a lot of pressure on Ryan. Coverage was really good and basically forced Ryan to throw into double and triple coverage pretty frequently. This is what this team can do when there's a good game plan and everyone executes like they're supposed to. Very excited to keep watching Baker, I didn't agree with the pick at first but now I think he's the man and absolutely the right person to lead this team out of the basement. And I think he'll do it, eventually. This game is exactly what we needed to see from them and I'm sure it'll give the team more belief and confidence going forward. The Falcons aren't great this year but they're still a decent NFC team and beating them this soundly is a huge result from the Browns. I can't even remember the last time I've seen such a cleanly-executed Browns gameplan.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lote posted:

Well the Cowboys beat the Eagles yesterday. I don’t think anyone wanted that. The Eagles will squeak into the playoffs and that win will be highlighted on the Dallas schedule as evidence to keep Jason Garrett when the Cowboys go 8-8. Ugggh.

I dunno man. I kinda feel like the Eagles are not going to the playoffs this year, and unfortunately Washington will be the only NFC East playoff team.

They basically had to win this game, and they didn't even though it was one of the easiest left on their schedule. The injuries are stacking up and now they're like a full three games behind... I think they're done for this year basically.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I thought the guy's name was pretty neat so I looked it up and lol:

Equanimeous means "brother of Gods", Tristan is a hero from Arthurian legend, Imhotep basically calls to mind an extremely powerful ruler, and St. Brown is their last name but which obviously seems to connote something divine.

Basically, this dude's name is God Hero King Holy Oracle. I'm guessing his dad has a little ego problem maybe

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm naming my son Worship Me Puny Mortals Lest Ye Feel My Wrath and he's gonna sling that pigskin like nobody's business :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah reading that article he definitely comes off as an actually loving paternal figure who wanted to give his kids the best chance to succeed. One of the ways he did that was with memorable names that, in his own words, "would look cool on the back of a jersey."

Of course, the line between that kind of person and a controlling, abusive, constantly promotional father/trainer is pretty slim. But he doesn't seem like a really bad guy or anything, and it's cool that his kids speak French and German.

• Locked thread