Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I've been really hesitant to make the jump to shooting RAW because I thought every single image I took would look terrible and awful until it was post processed, but I just made the switch and so far, most images look pretty good SooC. Is this normal? I'm still going to take the time to process images that I plan to share or use for schoolwork, but even then, a little levels and white balance adjustment seems to do the trick. Trying to educate myself on RAW v. JPEG just gives me a bunch of bullshit clickbait listicles and Ken Rockwell telling me not to shoot RAW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Thanks for all that feedback on RAWs - I'm (obviously) just starting to learn how to post process and I immediately saw what was missing from those RAWs once I started fooling around in lightroom, specifically the saturation. I keep forgetting to do this, but I'm gonna shoot RAW + JPG for a sec just so I can see them side by side in LR

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I like that shot, too. It has a pleasing cinematic aesthetic to me.