Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Is there software or a plugin or something that can sort/filter photos by sharpness?

Like half my time spent in post is just going back and forth between a dozen nearly identical photos of birds trying to decide which one is slightly more in focus, and this seems like something computers should have solved by now

Bonus points if it can automatically group related images in some way

While it's mostly for event photography (weddings et al.) Aftershoot was dealing with some of my concert photography stuff in terms of identifying and grouping shots together pretty decently

Give the free trial a whirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I have a Tourbox and while it's primarily meant for editing like you're mentioning, I mostly use it for culling huge batches of photos (I am an extremely inefficient shooter)

But editing on it is relatively nice. Dials and whatnot. Check it out.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

huhu posted:

Does anyone else also think that the content aware stuff in Lightroom is awful compared to Photoshop?

I find I have to do it at the start of an edit rather than after my general edits have been made in Lightroom in general.