Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cool LR tip I was introduced to recently and made me 1% less dumb: hold alt when dragging the 'masking' slider under sharpening to visualize where the mask is applying. Only apply sharpening where you want it. :buddy:

Also, hit A when using the spot removal tool, it switches to the same edge finding preview and makes it much easier to spot sensor dust because it glows white as hell. Not as useful with high detail images but if you have a lot of sky it's a good way to avoid publishing and immediately getting bombarded with people pointing out dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone know the trick to focus stacking in photoshop? Everyone says it's generally pretty good at it but I always get poo poo results which leads me two two posibilities: everyone lies, or I am poo poo (trick question, I am poo poo).

So teach me how to not be poo poo. Is there better software? Something different I should do in photoshop (my process is very simple, load images as layers, edit->auto align layers then edit->auto blend layers).

These giant halos happen all the time and are really pissing me off so it's pushing me to avoiding focus stacks in general.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MIDI2LR will let you do that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It has a virtual copy feature. Probably not exactly what you want but it's the closest you're gonna get.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I add them to an album my TV can access (hell yeah Apple ecosystem) and flip through them there. Seeing stuff big and not color calibrated is kinda interesting.

I'll also put them in the screen saver so I can have stuff in the living room when I'm in there. Looking at the same photos on rotation does a lot for making me like some more and realize I hate others.