Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

MrBlandAverage posted:

This looks like a light split tone with a warm color for shadows and a cool color for highlights (the opposite of what you'd normally see) + curves to make the blacks not black and the whites not white.

Don't do it just because it's trendy.

This reminded me a lot of one of Jamie Windsor's Kodachrome film simulations, so I had a quick check and indeed the split toning is part of the trick.
These kind of presets get a lot of flack but I feel confident in recommending them if don't mind a bit more stylistic photography. They're reasonably priced, especially considering how comprehensively they use all of Lightrooms editing tools, from Color Profiles, Calibration and clever use of dehazing (he goes through these techniques in good detail in this video). However, I find this also makes it somewhat trickier to make any major adjustments to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU