Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

ianskate posted:

Probably a noob question as I'm sure the answer is simple and just haven't found it yet...

For you Sony shooters, over time I've noticed lots of popular Instagram photographers who happen to mention their Sony gear in their bio posting shots that have this type of desaturated/muted color. There's definitely LR or PS work being done, but how does this example compare to the base image/color science from one of those cameras without any picture styles enabled? As a Fuji shooter it would be fun to experiment with getting this type of trendy tonality once in a while, but I've never been able to get remotely close by messing with tone curves, saturation, split toning, color balance, etc.

Maybe there's just a popular preset people are using... but any idea how to go about achieving this type of look? Thanks!

This looks like a light split tone with a warm color for shadows and a cool color for highlights (the opposite of what you'd normally see) + curves to make the blacks not black and the whites not white.

Don't do it just because it's trendy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU