Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Soulex posted:

I'd like to bring attention to Anthony Morganti's youtube channel. He's really good at explaining at what each editing system does. He's not very "known" but he's good. https://www.youtube.com/user/AnthonyMorganti

Seconding this, his lessons are clear, understandable, and broken up into digestible chunks.

Lightroom question. I've been processing the 50/80MP shots produced by my camera's hi-res mode, and pretty often, Lightroom will slow to a crawl. What can I do to alleviate that, for that size of pictures? I have 16GB of RAM in this computer and a 4GB Geforce 970 video card. Not sure if I need to upgrade one of those (or both) or if it's something in the settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Intel i5-6600k 3.5ghz.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Hmm, I don't have a file host, but here's an example hi-res RAW file out of that camera type that I was able to find: https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-e-m1-ii/YPB053638-HighRes.ORF.HTM

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Some, I think. IIRC it's on something like 25. I'll double check it when I get home from work.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Good to know, thanks for trying it out!

I'll have to dig through the settings before I do my next hiking/photo trip and see what I can change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

DxO Photolab 3 was just released. Mostly minor improvements except that they apparently brought their repair tool up to Lightroom level functionality rather than just drawing automatically from adjacent areas of the photo (which were often wrong and very annoying.) Gonna play with it when I get home from work and see how it goes.