Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
I've been doing post processing with Lightroom for about 4 years now and originally watched a tutorial series on Lynda.com by some guy who's main photography subject was overly HDR'd cars. Thinking it's time I find a new course to improve my skills and fix any bad habits that guy taught me. Any recommendations for a course to watch or book to get?

Edit: Just going to read articles on the bits I don't know and on effects I want to achieve.

huhu fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Do you guys have any Youtubers that have recordings of them editing photos you like?

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
I put my photos into folders by year then by location if outside my home city. Home city photos get broken down with other categories. I wouldn't bother manually tagging that many photos. Guaranteed you're going to be inconsistent about it.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
I've got a ~$2000 2 year old gaming desktop that seems to be able to run Lightroom as well as my 2015 Macbook Air. Are there settings/things I should be doing differently? I feel like I shouldn't have to wait so long for things like previews to be generated and thumbnails to load.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Files are on a ~2 month old SSD, "Use Graphics Processor" setting is set to "Auto" and my graphics card is displayed with "Your system automatically supports full acceleration". I don't think I have any driver issues.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
I liked using quick collections in lightroom Classic. I've since moved to the Cloud version and I'm not seeing a replacement. What do you guys do to replicate the behavior? Can't google for poo poo because the naming of Lightroom/Cloud is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Does anyone else also think that the content aware stuff in Lightroom is awful compared to Photoshop?