Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Love Yasser, hate chessbrahs, go magnus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
so much for magnus winning it easily

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Grischuk: "You know, on a weak engine this is the first line."
Giri: "Hey, you got a weak engine."
Svidler: "This is the highest complement I've been paid in a while."

Lol

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Democratic Pirate posted:

From my perspective of knowing next to nothing about competitive chess, it seems frustrating that you aren’t forced to play out the board.

Do draws also bother you in chess? Have you heard of endgame tablebases?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

vyelkin posted:

In case anyone's curious just how good Carlsen is at fast time controls, here's a video of him playing 30-second games in a 1-minute bullet tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTEj4moaay0

I hope he talks like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY27lgnPKWI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Teddybear posted:

God, that three weeks of chess could be decided by one missed move...

The only way it could end at this point

• Locked thread