Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Highlight of yesterday was definitely Grischuk going on like a 20 minute tangent about bullet arenas just to make a "Giri Draws" barb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
I think 24 game matches and less frequent rest days would reduce the overwhelming amount of computer prep, and also make 'just draw forever' a much riskier strategy. A rest day after every 2 games and an extra rest day before the last game seems excessive, and like it takes some of the question of stamina out of the equation, which ought to be a part of chess I think.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Inferior Third Season posted:

He's on a 96 game unbeaten streak, with 28 wins and 68 draws. That's not an unusual amount of draws for high-level play.

He finally lost to MVL at Shenzen a little bit ago but he's been generally playing amazing chess. His showing at the Candidates was better than the +1 he ended up with--he was almost never worse in any game and just barely missed at least one other win (against Caruana even, I think? I can't remember). He plays really exciting attacking chess and is Feingold's favorite to win the next Candidates' cycle.

• Locked thread