Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Chess.com — I think they've hired the Chessbrahs to do it again this year. Quite popular with people here.
Chessbrahs are covering on their own channel, /chess has Danny Rensch and Robert Hess. /chess is having good guests like right now they have Fabi's childhood chess coach on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Love Yasser, hate chessbrahs
They don't have Yasser for WCs, he is doing coverage for St Louis Chess Club.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Drone posted:

I used to like Chessbrahs but man, comparing their production quality to the Chess.com stream, there's no contest about which I'd rather watch

I mean sure they have an extremely smaller budget but still

They are much better when they have Yasser, but it is still my goto because they don't allow engine evals.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

ulmont posted:

Yes. 4 rapid (G25;i10) games, then 2 blitz (G5;i3), then 1 Armageddon (white gets 6 minutes, black gets 5 minutes, black wins if there is a draw on the board) game.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46343036

That's not correct. Here is the actual format, emphasis mine:

quote:

If the scores are level after the regular 12 games, four tiebreak games will be played. These are rapid games with 25 minutes for each player with an increment of 10 seconds after each move.

If it's still equal, two blitz games will be played (5 minutes plus 3 seconds increment). If it's still equal, a second pair of two blitz games will be played. If there is still no winner after five such matches, one sudden-death game will be played. The player who wins the drawing of lots may choose the color. The player with the white pieces shall receive 5 minutes, the player with the black pieces shall receive 4 minutes whereupon, after the 60th move, both players shall receive an increment of 3 seconds starting from move 61. In case of a draw the player with the black pieces is declared the winner.

• Locked thread