Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Hand Knit posted:

Places to watch:
Official Site — You have to pay and it sucks. Don't use it.
Chess24 — My favourite. Features Sopiko Guramishvilli, Peter Svidler, and Sasha Grischuk. Svidler is, in my mind, the best chess commentator going. Him and Jan Gustaffson play off each other fantastically, especially when bored.
Chess.com — I think they've hired the Chessbrahs to do it again this year. Quite popular with people here.

Basically every chess twitch streamer is also doing live commentary, so if you prefer to get Ben Finegold or Luís Fernández Siles you can do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
WTF Magnus? Offering a draw with the positional advantage and the time advantage?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Teddybear posted:

So will ALL the tiebreakers go down on Wednesday, back-to-back if necessary?

Yes. 4 rapid (G25;i10) games, then 2 blitz (G5;i3), then 1 Armageddon (white gets 6 minutes, black gets 5 minutes, black wins if there is a draw on the board) game.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46343036

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

That's not correct. Here is the actual format, emphasis mine:

Huh. The BBC also had the time wrong for Armageddon. Brexit already causing UK decline, I see.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

vyelkin posted:

Ben Finegold is the best chess person on the internet and while I agree his lectures are better than his streams, the hardest I ever saw him concentrate was in a stream where he was trying really hard to get 9 queens without accidentally checkmating his opponent.

That game starts at 1 hour, 32 minutes, 20 seconds in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWuGzN461B0&t=5540s

• Locked thread