Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Two games where white had to hold a draw. Pretty unexpected.
But a good sign for the tournament. Unless both players decide to respec to boring over the rest day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

It is the platonic spirit of e4e5:
Go through some crazy looking but straightforward sequence.
Go directly to a queenless endgame.
Draw.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

If this kind of position occurred between unrated players I would give it similar chances of winning, but a low chance of a draw.

Though again, black is the one with the slight advantage. Pretty interesting, that trend. I blame excessive preparation.

e: with the pawn sacrifice at a5 it now almost looks like a reversal of Carlson-Nakamura at the sinquefield cup.

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 16, 2018

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

It reminds me of every game in this match, except in reverse. Mostly we got Magnus using lots of time to gain a minuscule advantage in the opening, which he loses in moves 20-40. Now we have the players switching time management strategies.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I must admit that I have no idea if I would want to play black or white in an Armageddon game.

• Locked thread