Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:siren::frogsiren:LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS ARE NOW GOING:frogsiren::siren:
The main round closed on Saturday November 17th, but it's not too late to participate! You can still exchange trad games gifts by signing up for a bonus round. Read on for details!

Denizens of the obscure Trad Games subforum, rejoice: It's time again for our annual gift-exchange tradition, Trad Games Secret Santa!
This year I couldn't think of a good theme so you get skeletons.

Rules Quick-Reference
See below for the full explanation of the rules; this is just a quick rundown:
1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Include gift preferences, your general location, and your solemn vow.
2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com with your mailing address, SA username, whether or not you'll ship internationally, and any important info.
3. Receive and read your confirmation email, which arrives within a couple of days.
4. Check your inbox on Saturday, November 17th for your Santee Assignment.
5. Find your Santee's sign-up post in this thread, and read their gift preferences, if any.
6. Send a gift to your Santee. Mail it no later than December 14th, AND ensure it will arrive no later than December 18th. MAKE A POST when you send your gift!
7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift (whether you open it or not). If you're not sure if it's a TGSS gift, then open it, don't wait till xmas. I need to know you got your thing, and so does your Santa!
8. When you open your gift, post what you got! Take pictures if you can.
9. If you get a lovely gift, or nothing arrives, email tgsecretsanta@gmail.com so I can fix it.
10. Stick around in the thread till it's closed, or at least until mid-January. There might be a follow-up thing you need to do, or a question to answer, or de-grinching to do, or a survey or something.

OK on to all the :words:

What's Trad Games Secret Santa?
It's an anonymized gift exchange for the goons who hang out in the Trad Games subforum. Goons sign up to trade presents with other goons. I handle the anonymization of assignments, sending your personal information to a total stranger, who will then mail you a gift. Similarly, I'll send someone else's info to you, and you have to send them a gift. Fun!

How do I do it?
Read all the STEP BY STEP RULES in this post (scroll down) and follow them carefully. If you have problems with reading comprehension maybe read it twice or have an adult read it to you. There's ten whole rules and you have to obey them and follow instructions. Each of the rules has a reason behind it so don't skip them.

So I am going to buy something for someone?
Yes. You have to get a gift for a Trad Games goon. Ideally your gift should be picked out specifically for the goon you're assigned. Since this is the Trad Games forum, we're generally focused on games-related stuff, but you kind of have free reign so it doesn't necessarily have to be a game gift... but it probably should, unless you're sure your non-game gift will delight your target Santee.

Signing up for this is a financial obligation. It is not okay to sign up and then disappear, because someone will send you a present, and then whoever your assignment is, gets grinched. Please take a moment to think seriously about this before you just mash the Reply button.

How much does it cost?
US$30 (or its approximate equivalent in Foreign Money), plus shipping. You don't deduct shipping from the gift dollar guideline amount because it's not your Santee's fault he lives in Tuvalu and he shouldn't have to have a worse gift just because you're 8000 miles away.

What if my Santee lives in an Exotic Foreign Land like Australia, the Lesser Antilles, or Amsterdam?
I try to match goons to other goons that are in nearby countries. There are always a few gaps, though, so if you are willing to cover the extra cost of international shipping, then you can say so and I will randomly choose from among the volunteers where needed. If you do get matched up with a Foreign Goon, remember that you can often order directly from an online retailer in their country instead of paying international shipping. If you don't want to get matched with a foreign goon, say so in your sign-up email.

I can't afford $30 plus shipping!
If $30 plus shipping is genuinely a hardship for you, you might be too poor to be buying presents for strangers on the internet. You can make something, but your made thing has to have a value to your Santee of at least $30. Plus you still absolutely have to ship it on time. I try to keep international shipping routes short, but if it's too expensive for you, you can either tell me not to match you with a foreign goon, or, order something online from within the target country.

This Year's Deadlines – NOTE DEADLINES HAVE CHANGED
Some time on Saturday, November 17th, (which is the weekend before Thanksgiving in the US) I will make assignments and email them out. You will then have until A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS which is approximately, Tuesday, December 18th to get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee. To meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 14th. It will be up to you to decide if you want to get your gift sent on time using a cheap shipping option, or wait until the last minute and then get your gift sent on time using an expensive shipping option. The final is so early because too many goons have missed it every year. You're still getting nearly four weeks of time to get your gift sent, which is plenty.

What if I forget?
Don't forget. Bookmark this thread. Something Awful provides a fancy bookmarking feature just for you! Click on your Control Panel link to see your bookmarked threads. Maybe also set up an alarm clock in your calendar app or something? I may send out email to check in with people who are worrying me with their absence but you should not rely on that. If you are the kind of person who gets excited about things and then blows them off and forgets about them the next day, then this gig is not for you. Don't sign up.
You can of course make things easier on yourself by just buying something and shipping it immediately after you get your assignment.

What if I don't get a present because my Secret Santa is an rear end in a top hat?
This is called “being Grinched.” If you get Grinched, like an old-west Sheriff I will round up a posse of de-Grinchers and together we will cover for the rear end in a top hat out of the goodness of our hearts. You will get a present no matter what. And Grinches get Stitches. There are consequences.

It's already after the deadline! Does that mean I can't participate?
You are in luck! After the first deadline, we run LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!. Beginning November 18th, and continuing until roughly December 9th, we will have one or more extra bonus rounds. It works like this: you use exactly the same process to sign up. I collect names until either I have at least 8, or, a whole week has passed AND I have at least 3, whichever comes first. So each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND will have from three to eight goons. Then I do a mini-gift-round assignment. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins. Since the pool of participants will be very small, the odds that multiple goons will have to ship internationally go up, though, so keep that in mind. You can participate in as many rounds as you want. Last year, there was only 1 round, so don't wait if you're ready to participate.

BONUS ROUNDS HAVE STARTED!!!

I'm rich and/or greedy. Can I send two gifts?
gently caress yes you can! Just let me know in your email (step 2) how many gifts you want to send and receive, and I'll make it happen. Each gift still has to meet all the standard requirements.
I only want specific kinds of stuff
That's fine. Just put your requests in your post when you sign up. There's no 100% guarantee, but really that's just like Christmas at home, isn't it? The worst case scenario is you get some $30 Thing that wasn't exactly what you wanted. That's not such a big deal.

who wouldn't want this skull dice set?

I might get something I already have!
That's true. There's only one way to avoid this for sure, and that's by posting what you've already got. You can use boardgamegeek for that, or just make a list, or be more specific about what you do want. There's still a chance you get a duplicate of something you have, though. I can't think of a way to avoid it completely, so you need to be ready for this to possibly happen. I'm sorry.

seriously though everyone has catan, don't get someone catan

What if I never post in Trad Games?
You're welcome too. If you have an SA account in good standing that existed before I posted this post, you're eligible to participate. Welcome to the club! Probably you'll get something TG related, though. Or a dong. If you have a brand new SA account registered after this post was posted, then I'm worried about you. Let's have a chat and figure out if you're trustworthy.

The Shitlist of Shame
These goons hosed up enough to get called out:

The General. It's been eight years now but he managed to Grinch goons two years in a row. His only excuse was that basically he was too lazy to go buy a thing and mail it. He is not allowed to participate in TGSS.
Arrgytehpirate. In 2011, this guy never managed to follow instructions, insisting on using PMs instead of emails. I let that slide but then he took forever to respond. Finally he sent me a photo of a package he was supposedly sending out but it never arrived. Weeks later he supposedly got it returned in the mail but his santee, who had also participated in a lightning round, had received a gift from his other santa so the address was definitely fine. Arrgytehpirate was the epitome of disinterested and disconnected half-assedness. Don't be like him.

NutritiousSnack. NutritiousSnack doubled down on TGSS in 2013. His main round Santee finally got his gift on January 13th, and his Bonus Round santee finally got his gift on February 2nd. One major shipping snafu might be an honest mistake; two is a pattern. NutritiousSnack was also difficult to get ahold of, with days or weeks going by between responses. Being multiple months late with your gifts is bad, and being slack about communicating when your stuff has gone missing is worse. NutritiousSnack was on probation in 2014, but now he can participate if he wants. Demonstrating reform could get him off this list!
MySwan in 2015 sent his santee a pair of socks, and something on DTRPG. He didn't follow up for ages, and when he did, he let things slide a lot. He was hard to contact, and in the end I don't think the DTRPG thing was ever worked out. He's allowed to come back after being on probation in 2016, but he'll need to still make amends.
EatinCake in 2015 claimed to have made a handmade gift, claimed to have forgotten to send it before going on vacation, claimed he would send things on the 4th, and nothing ever arrived. He was very unresponsive via email, and eventually his Santee had to be degrinched.
NovaLion screwed up in 2013: posted overseas, he got deployed, didn't respond to emails for weeks, made excuses, promised delivery, and then disappeared again. Long after his Santee was de-grinched, his gifts arrived in March 2014. NovaLion was suspended: but then he came back and made amends, apologizing and making a charitable donation, so he was permitted to participate again. Unfortunately, in 2016, NovaLion relapsed: his main round gift went fine, but his bonus round gift never arrived, he did not respond to emails about it during the week after xmas, and had to be de-grinched again. NovaLion is permanently banned from participation in TGSS.
2017 was Grinch-Free!!!

Redemption is possible for those who are willing to make amends... but not for severe transgressions or repeat offenders.

:frogsiren:FULL STEP BY STEP RULES:frogsiren:
These are step-by-step instructions in full. Just do all of them, in order.

1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Put the following information in BOLD so it's easy to see:
Your Gift Preferences. This means describe things and categories of things you'd love to receive. This is mandatory. You can be specific but it's better to be general. E.g., “I'd love a blueray movie” or “I need tabletop wargaming scenery” or “I'd like the hardback Kings of War 2nd Edition Rulebook.” You can also specify things you don't want, like “I have enough dice thanks” or “I hate animes” or “Do not give money to Games Workshop” or whatever. The more help you give your Secret Santa, the higher the likelihood you will get something that you will actually like. If you just put “I'd love anything at all,” be prepared to receive anything, up to and including Dongs. You might receive something you already own, especially if seems related to your post history. If you don't want a duplicate of a game you already have, you need to tell your Santa that you have that game.
Your General Location. You'll be telling me your mailing address via e-mail anyway, but goons like to know where in the world all the other goons are. It's funner that way. You can say things like “Chicago” or “Wisconsin” or “Australia,” however specific or general you feel like being.
Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you.

2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com containing the following information:
“Secret Santa Sign Up” or similar in the subject line so I can be sure you're not a computer program trying to sell penis pills.
Your REAL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS. This is important because someone is going to mail things to you and they need to know how. If someone mails a thing to this name and address and you don't get it because you moved or it's not a real address or the postal carrier refused to deliver a package addressed to “CockDragon1986” or something, that's your fault and you will have self-Grinched which is the most embarrassing thing ever.
Your Something Awful login name. It should be obvious why I need this.
Your willingness or unwillingness to ship internationally. Please be specific if you have restrictions. For example, if you're only willing to ship within North America, please say so. Remember, shipping costs are in addition to the $30 gift guideline.
Anything else of importance. Special information might include a list of your mortal enemies which I had better not match you with, a date after which you will be at a different address, your allergy to cheese, or whatever. I promise not to match you (as Santa or Santee) with anyone you don't want to be matched with, and I will pass along any messages to your Santa or Santee that you need passed along. You can also ask questions timidly in this email instead of boldly in the thread, if you prefer.

3. Check for a confirmation email from tgsecretsanta@gmail.com
Everyone who signs up will get a confirmation email within a short amount of time (usually within a day or two). If you don't get one, check your spam filters and then PM me, send another e-mail, or post in the thread and I'll troubleshoot the issue. Your confirmation email is sent at the same time that I put you on the Official Spreadsheet of Cheer, so it's important. It verifies you're signed up, and verifies that you're able to receive important correspondence from me.

4. Wait until Saturday, November 17th and then check your inbox. That is the day I will close registration for the main round, and assign names using a secret method. It's also the beginning of a holiday week for most goons in the US, and also various holiday promotions have usually gotten going by then so maybe you can get an online discount. I will post in the thread as I get these assignments out.

You must keep your Santee's personal information secret and private. Don't post or forward or copy their real name, other fake name(s), address, or email address in the thread or anywhere else. Don't try to go visit your Santee, that's creepy. This is important. Respect your Santee's privacy.

5. Check the thread, find your Santee's first post, and read up on their greedy demands. And then buy them a present and mail it. The Officially Recommended Spending Amount is US$30. It is OK to spend a bit more than that if you feel generous. It is OK to spend slightly less than that if you have the perfect thing which costs $28.95, or whatever. But it is not OK to Grinch your Santee by sending them a used paperback book and $8 of baseball cards. The only truly universal gifts are love and money. For everything else, it's best to at least try to determine whether your amazing gift idea would actually be delightful to your Santee. Many people like to leave their options wide open and you can feel free to send whatever you like to them. Others have a more focused domain of Trad Gaming they enjoy, and it's best to try and fit your present into that domain if you can.
If you get stuck on gift ideas, send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I will help you out. I can ask your Santee questions while preserving the veneer of anonymity, and I also am full of great ideas for the difficult-to-shop-for.

Also, we may have Santees under the legal age for drinking, or who don't drink, so you must check with me before sending alcoholic beverages to your Santee. Some people have food allergies, too. Don't send food without checking.

Sometimes you have a thing that you already own that you want to send, that's OK too, just try and figure out what that thing would be worth, roughly (in its present used condition of course), and make sure your giftee is delighted by your largesse instead of saddened by your cheapness.

Regarding handmade gifts:
A lot of us really enjoy the personal touch of a handmade gift, so this might be a great idea. But there are hazards. If you haven't already made your gift, be sure you'll have plenty of time. The estimate of value of the thing you made isn't “what I'd probably sell it for if I sold this,” it's “what my giftee would probably pay for it if they bought it from anyone else.” For example, it takes a huge amount of time to knit a pair of socks; but socks are still only worth a couple dollars to most people, even if you sell your handmade socks for $25. If your giftee asked for a Dice Pouch, it's likely they're thinking of a typical dice pouch which usually costs like ten bucks. So if you make one yourself, maybe you better fill it with some cool dice as well? Use your best judgment and run your plans past me if you have any doubt.

Regarding ebooks and Print-On-Demand services. PDFs and eBook versions of gaming products are very hit-or-miss, and so are POD services. Some of us love them, some of us hate them. I'd like you to please be certain that your giftee loves them before you send one. Check their post and if they don't mention it, contact me and I can confirm with them whether an ebook or printed-on-demand book is a wonderful or horrible thing. We need to confirm your e-delivery was e-delivered promptly because your Santee probably isn't expecting it. DTRPG has hosed up someone's order more than once, for example, so seriously: DTRPG and other e-delivered gifts require special attention and handling.

6. Send a gift to your Santee in a timely manner
Every shipping company is heavily impacted by the holiday shopping season. Volumes rise every day as you get closer to Christmas day. The sooner you get something shipped, the less likely it is to be delayed. Retailers may also run out of stock. If you procrastinate and delay, you are still on the hook for on-time delivery, and that may mean having to select a more expensive shipping option. It's OK to take a few days or even a couple weeks if you need it to get your awesome present together, but keep your eye on the calendar and don't screw yourself over by waiting too long! I mean it. EVERY YEAR WITHOUT FAIL I have a handful of goons who wait till the last day or so and then complain about the cost, or – worse – simply decide they can't afford expedited shipping and their Santee doesn't get their gift until after Christmas. That is not OK. If you can't afford like $100 for overnight shipping, then please don't procrastinate!

If you purchase a gift online, please confirm with the retailer that the item is actually in stock. Check and make sure it's shipped, not just “ordered.” Get a tracking number and check it every day. You can send me your tracking number if you want, but it's up to you to monitor it and see that your gift got delivered. I can't monitor 100+ tracking numbers. Let me know right away if there's a problem or delay.

If a gift receipt is an option, please get one. I know it's not always available, but it's best to make sure that if your Santee already has one of what you got him or her, he can return the new thing and/or exchange it for something else that is great. This isn't a rule, just a preference.

POST INDICATING YOUR PRESENT HAS BEEN MAILED BY NO LATER THAN Friday, DECEMBER 14th, 2018. Your gift has to be delivered by Tuesday, December 18th. To help meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 14th. Keep in mind that four days for delivery is quite unlikely unless you paid a lot for three-day express delivery, so the 14th is a drop-dead date, not a good target date to blithely wait for.
If you have some genuine excuse like “I am trapped in a blizzard” or “my house burned down and I can't afford a stamp” or “the vendor promised to mail it but I have discovered they were filthy liars,” that's OK, come post about it in the thread or send me an e-mail or ask your Red Cross coordinator at the disaster relief shelter to send me an e-mail. In this modern world there are very few legit excuses for being unable to communicate for several weeks. And you can avoid this altogether by just shipping a gift within a few days of getting your Santee assignment.
Military goons: if you might possibly be deployed, you should let me know in advance, and also maybe ask a friend or family member in advance to arrange to ship something if you haven't done so in time, and to at least email me when your gift arrives. Being deployed is not an acceptable excuse for failing to get a gift to your Santee or going AWOL on communications from me. If you can't deal with this amount of contingency planning, you should not participate.
Overseas shippers: if you are shipping something overseas, realistically you should give it at least two weeks for shipping. Stuff can randomly get stuck in customs for a long time!

7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift
You can open it right away or you can wait till your preferred present-opening moment and open it then. Regardless, you need to post in the thread as soon as your gift has arrived. If you get a box and you're not sure if it's your Secret Santa gift, then you need to open it and find out. If you are a double or triple-gifter, you need to open the gift so we know which Santa's gift you got.
This way your anxious Santa knows you got your present, and I can register that they have fulfilled their duty by putting a symbol into a box on a spreadsheet, which I loving love doing, you don't even know. Please don't blow this off. Every year a few people dutifully send their gifts, and then disappear from the thread, and we are left with no easy way to confirm that they also received what they were supposed to. That's not being a Grinch, but it is a source of anxiety for your Santa and for me and that's not very nice.

8. Post what you got!
Whenever you get around to opening your gift, please let us know what you got. Take a picture! You should also say thank you and describe your joy. Half the fun of giving a gift is experiencing your Santee's pleasure. THIS IS AN ACTUAL RULE, NOT JUST A SUGGESTION. Saying “thank you” is the socially expected response to a gift, OK?. Some participants never bother and that's rude.

9. If you got a lovely gift, or didn't get a gift, send me an email immediately.
Email me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com if you get something lousy. That doesn't just mean you got a nice approximately $30 thing that you didn't especially want: unless you specifically said “I don't want RPGs” you can't really complain that you got an RPG. But, you do need to let me know if your Santa has not lived up to the spirit and intent of the rules, OR – and this has actually happened – if your Santa was victimized by a shady retailer who has ripped both you and your Santa off.

this seems very sub-par

10. Please stick around in the thread until a week or two into January, or until I close the thread, whichever comes first
There are usually last-minute hiccups and if someone gets Grinched, I'll be asking for volunteer de-grinchers. This is likely to happen in January, if it happens. Even if you don't want to be a de-Grincher, you can still participate in the tarring and feathering, and that's not something to miss out on. Plus people sometimes get stuff a little late, like when they go back home from their holiday travel or whatever, and it sucks when they have nobody to share their fun with when they open their gift.

TGSS Mailing List
Would you like to receive a reminder of TG Secret Santa next year? Send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and ask to be added to the official TGSS Mailing List. I will use this list to send out a heads-up each year when I post the new TGSS thread. I won't sell or share the list with anyone, and I will use BCC: so you won't be sharing your email address with the other goons on the list, either. Of course you can also remove yourself from the list at any time, just send me a request and I'll take you off.

Disclaimers
This is the fine print. Nobody told me to put it here, but I'm anal about these kinds of things.

Participation in this event is voluntary. I am not affiliated or associated with Something Awful LLC, Rich “Lowtax” Kyanka, or any of its affiliates, sponsors, advertisers, subsidiaries, associates, officers, enlisted men, serfs, or holdings (hereafter referred to collectively as SomethingAwful). This event is in no way endorsed or supported by any of the above. If you get ripped off by another goon, neither SomethingAwful, nor I, can promise you relief. Nobody's insurance is covering this. Any supportive or punitive action taken by SomethingAwful or its moderators or administrators, including stickying threads and punishing bad goons, is purely voluntary and ad-hoc and is not a promise or representation that SomethingAwful is actually responsible or required to take such action, nor a promise or representation that it will act in a similar manner in the future, present, or past.

I promise to take reasonable and prudent steps to keep your personal information confidential. It is secured by the use of a reasonably obscure password on the tgsecretsanta@gmail.com gmail account. I also copy some of your personal information, including your real name and email address, to my Spreadsheet of Cheer which is stored on a reasonably secure computer behind a firewall. However, participation requires that I send your personal information to another person, and I cannot ensure that that person will do the right thing and keep your info private. Obviously anyone who shares or abuses your private information is an rear end in a top hat and if I find out he or she did that and can confirm it then he or she goes right on the poo poo list immediately and forever, and I will also tell on them. But you must agree not hold me or SomethingAwful financially, legally, ethically, or spiritually responsible if that happens. It'll be between you and the rear end in a top hat, basically. Participating means you agree to these rules.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

First post reserved, just in case.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dear secret santa, this year I have been a good boy.

Gift Preferences: I haven't played an RPG in years, and I have been ignoring my tabletop wargaming miniatures etc., but lately I have been playing boardgames more. My brother and I have been playing a lot of Thunderstone Quest. I think my boardgamegeek collection is pretty well up to date. I particularly like co-op and 2-player games right now. I am also getting into woodworking, and I have been doing some papercrafting and general modeling. I have more than enough dice. I like food, books, movies, music, SF and fantasy stuff, booze, and this is my steam wishlist. I will try to add more stuff to this later! SA trad games superstar poster Aldantefax knows me in person and might could also recommend things.

Things I don't care for include anime and horror. I am OK with PDF but have a slight preference for nicely printed things. POD is OK.

General Location: Bay Area, California

Solemn Vow: I will not Grinch, nor falter in my TGSS duties.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 18, 2018

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

SECRET SANTA HEAR MY PLEA

Gift Preferences: Interesting weird, niche RPG stuff. I've got an extensive collection of MERP and Rolemaster, but some The One Ring books would be cool, particularly the realm/region style ones (I've got the core, the map book, Rivendell, the Adventurer's Companion, and Erebor already). I've already got nearly all the World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness stuff I could want, though a copy of Astral Realms and/or Intruders would be awesome (from Mage: the Awakening, first edition). I've backed ORUN and the latest Spire Kickstarters, so don't get me any of that! I'm not particularly into board games or card games. I'm okay with PDFs but prefer physical books. Weird movies are good, especially if they're extremely excellent or wretchedly bad. I also have two (2) cats and any gift for them is also a gift for me.

General Location: Middle United States

Solemn Vow: I so swear to hereby vow my duty to adhere to following in the letter and the spirit of the law and/or guidelines of this thread, or Grinch be upon me.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 10, 2018

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Live to Gift Gift to Live

Gift Preferences: Bizarre old 70s-90s RPGs are my bag. I have a huge collection that constantly wishes to be huger.

General Location: East Bay

Solemn Vow: If I Grinch, I shall be struck down by the spirits of a thousand storygamers.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I have disposable income again! So Secret Santa hear my wishes

Gift Preferences I'm a LARPer, so any props that could work in a fantasy larp would be cool. I don't get to play boardgames/RPGs with more than my wife for the most part because I work an inconsistent schedule, so games that play well with 2 players would be ideal. This is my boardgame collection.

Solemn Vow I so hearby swear to not be a grinch, lest I be the one grinched.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Gonna roll these dice :shepface:

Gift Preferences: I love things I can actually unwrap and hold, so no digital gifts please. I own pretty much all the actual rulebooks I care to but other kinds of books would be okay, mostly in the genre of fantasy or something like art books. I am a big gay necromancer IRL and love spooky things!! Especially stuff to hang on the wall or add to my wardrobe. You may or may not find my Twitter useful for ideas too.

General Location: Portland, OR

Solemn Vow: If I grinch may my soul be banished to some kind of OSR hell.

Reene fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 16, 2018

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Dear Secret Santa

Aww yeah it's this time again!

Gift Preferences: I'm a big fan of tabletop RPGs, but I already have a pretty big collection. Scum and Villainy would be great, though, as would Tachyon Squadron, Monster of the Week, or a hard copy of The Nightmares Underneath. Outside of the suggested price range, stuff like Wrath and Glory, Mage the Awakening 2e, Warhammer Fantasy 4e, or Demon: The Descent would all be supercool, as would anything particularly weird and out there. I'm also a huge fan of metal (specifically brass and bronze) dice. On the miniatures level, I love Heavy Gear and anything from it besides basic north or south Hunters/Jaegers would be fun to put together and paint. I actively play Malifaux, and I'm always filling out my kung fu criminals so Charm Warders, Ten Thunders Archers, or Lotus Eaters would be neat. I've heard a lot of good things about Kill Team, so if there's an option in the price range, that'd also be neat! I also just love mecha miniatures in general, so that's always an option.

General Location: PA, USA

Solemn Vow: GRINCHES GET STITCHES and I have delicate skin so I'm not going to do that.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dear Santa and assorted goons,

For the fourth year in a row, I have somehow managed to be a decent alleged-human-being thus I deserve strangers buying me stuff, right?

Gift Preferences
I'm playing more and more board games, as my girlfriend is far more a board gamer. Two-player is good, so we don't need to grab other human beings to have fun. Games we love include Star Realms, Among the Stars, Netrunner, Serengeti, 7 Wonders Duel, and Terraforming Mars. I've been eyeing up (but haven't yet tried) T.I.M.E. Stories, and we've enjoyed the one Exit escape-room style game we played (the Abandoned Cabin one).

Scifi stuff in general is also good, as are art books; the Deus Ex, Mass Effect, and Dishonored art books have provided a shitload of inspiration for me. I'm also a big Transformers and Gundam nerd, and build anime robots (gunpla etc). I'll go for general nerd kitsch stuff, but my place is tiny and I don't have much free space.

I love RPGs but have just lost my weekly gaming group due to me joining a band that rehearses when we used to game, so they're a bit less of a draw for me this year. For RPGs, go as weird and obscure as your can. To give you an idea of what I think is weird & obscure, I still have my copies of Everway, Eoris, and Mechanical Dream; previous Santas have included Nexus: The Infinite City, both editions of Ninja Burger, and Magicians. If you've published your own games or have a friend who makes weird small-press games, brilliant!

I don't play wargames or use miniatures (one of the reasons I love gunpla is not needing to paint anything), I worked for White Wolf/Onyx Path so have everything I want from them, and I'm outright allergic to anything D&D/D20/OSR related.

:scotland:

Solemn Vow
I ain't hosed up yet, if I do this year may the Formless Ones have mercy on my soul because I know Santa sure won't.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Dear Santa - I've actually been pretty decent this year.

Gift Preferences: I'm playing DnD a bit at the moment and would love a female tiefling wiz mini if anyone has one going. Dice are always appreciated. I'm also a huge nerd for the Onyx Path game Scion and I backed that Kickstarter to the tune of both the PDF's. I also love getting stuff from other countries in the mail so if there's like 'hey, this is a foodstuff' or 'this is a weird thing we have that other countries don't tend to' that would be great.

General Location: Scotland

Solemn Vow: I will not Grinch, nor falter in my TGSS duties.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Last years thread looked like a lot of fun so let's stop lurking for a bit and actually participate :D

Gift Preferences: We've got a group at work that play games over lunch so games with (relatively) small boxes for 4-6 players that can be played over 30-45 minutes would be great. My work stash is currently Hanabi, 5-Minute Dungeons + Curses, Villagers (the latter two are yet to be delivered kickstarters) and a couple of standard 52 card decks of playing cards so anything you can think of would be safe. I've got a few other 2-4 player games at home that see occasional use with my partner or when I have family over (Love Letter, Cluedo, Monopoly, Taboo, Trionimos, some other common junk I can't recall at the moment, as well as a bunch more 52 card decks). I've also recently got into Magic: The Gathering but that's probably less useful. Dietary issues means food is probably best avoided.

General Location: :australia:

Solemn Vow: I shall follow instructions and send out gifts to the best of my ability, hopefully I can get something my santee enjoys.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Gift Preferences: A core rulebook for a game system that I don't already have (pathfinder/l5r/5th d&d/13age/shadowrun/battletech) Prefer RPG's, don't watch anime, have way too much dice and board games (edit: PDF's are fine too)

General Location: Northeast United States

Solemn Vow: Should I fail to gift properly, may I be lowered into the dark, where I inevitable will be eaten by a Grinch. Or a Grue. Or a Grinch Grue couple (I don't judge)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've caught up with the thread on confirmation emails. No email received yet from Humbug Scoolbus or SirFozzie.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Sent. Had typed it up, thought I hit send but obviously I R STUPIDFACE

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got it and replied, thanks!

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Aw yiss, Christmas cheer.

Gift Preferences: I have very little space in my flat, so I'd prefer something digital, something consumable, or something so unique and special that I'll find room for it. I am also a total nerd hipster so I'm totally down for anything weird and local to you, a friend's small-press game, whatevs. RPGs preferred but not required.

Please avoid giving money to the usual suspects.

Edit: In case you need guidance, I've got an Amazon wishlist, a DrivethruRPG wishlist, an itch.io wishlist, and I also have a Steam wishlist but I can't log into Steam to get the link at the moment because I've forgotten my password.

General Location: Oxford, UK

Solemn Vow: My Christmas word is my Christmas bond.

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 11, 2018

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
OH DARK LORD OF THE GIFTS, WHOSE DOMAIN IS THE LOST DAYS IN THE DARKEST NIGHTS OF THE YEAR! Once more thy humble servant Loxbourne hears your call and takes up wrapping paper and little bow things in thy name!

Gift Preferences: I'm a wargaming nerd, with a personal bias towards space games. Miniatures are my thing and also miniature ancillaries - painting gear, terrain, laser-etched tokens and so on. I find that's sometimes easier to bring under the Santa Budget than whitemetal. I'll also happily accept second-hand stuff; I've had some real gems from previous Santas raiding bargain bins for forgotten and obscure lines. Lately I've been poking around for old Spartan Games stuff, particularly their Uncharted Seas line.

I'm also on the lookout for small icebreaker games and early-game-night palate-cleansers, and exotic dice are always good.

Geographical Location: London, :britain: .

Solemn Vow: Let he who faileth in his duty to his Santee suffer eternally; his mind shall ne'er be free of the torments of remorse, and his bottom never free from the pricking of tiny forks.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Leperflesh posted:

I've caught up with the thread on confirmation emails. No email received yet from Humbug Scoolbus or SirFozzie.

I PMed you with a good email.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I ride again!

Gift Preferences: I love minis and I love weird RPGs and supplements. Pretty much anything mini-related is a go. Terrain, basing stuff, paints, brushes, and of course miniatures. In both minis and RPGs, I like weirder stuff. Not always good stuff, but weirder, more off-ball things are great. If you have some older stuff you want to clear off your shelf, well, I shan't say no.

I also like weird dice. Not necessarily weird materials, but stuff like d16s or ones with strange symbols on them. I'm a sucker for that stuff.

Really, anything that's gaming related and weird is going to be a hit for me.

EDIT: Also, I'm an idiot who decided to start an ork army, so 40k orks and equivalents from other companies (like Spellcrow, Mantic or the like) are also welcome.

Geographical Location: Arizona, USA.

Solemn Vow: By Grabthar's Hammer, there will be no grinching!

JackMann fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 25, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I PMed you with a good email.

I got your PM, and replied; what's missing is an email from you. If you sent one, it didn't get to the tgsecretsanta@gmail.com inbox, nor its spam folder.

e. We've got it worked out now, thanks!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 12, 2018

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I have been massively disconnected from Christmas for a long time, but hey I'm a dad now and it's time to start feeling the Christmas spirit for his sake and joining in this feels like the right move since a bunch of Trad Games Goons have sent me free crap on a whim over the years.

Gift Preferences: I'm mostly a miniatures gamer, but I don't hate board games or anything. If you follow me in thread, you know I'm a Mantic fanboy, but I recently got into Dropfleet Command. I'd be happy with anything Shaltari or PHR related or a map to play on. For Mantic, Nameless for Deadzone or Abyssals for Vanguard might be fun to jump into. I also wouldn't mind adding to my Bretonnian/Brotherhood army with some pegasus knight proxies. Of course, I love weird poo poo and collecting rulebooks for games I may never get a chance to play. I have basically everything rules wise from Mantic and Osprey, but if there's some obscure miniatures game that I could use random models for, I'd be happy reading through it and maybe even trying a game.

I don't hate Games Workshop, they just don't make a lot of models that I'm still interested in. If you've got old stuff laying around or don't mind hunting, I'm all about 5e High Elves, Wood Elves, Bretonnians, Lizardmen. And I have a soft spot for Gorkamorka style orks.

But I'm also fine with random weirdness if you think I'd enjoy something.

Geographic Location Thailand

Solemn Vow May my son grow up to be an athlete if I grinch someone.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Alright, I'm in!

Gift Preferences: I'll take board games/card games/RPGs if you think you know something I'd like (Leperflesh can relay lists of what I've got/what I'm into on request). Cool dice bags/dice/card storage solutions/other accessories are also welcome. Either way weird/obscure stuff is very welcome. I am a dumbass weeb and will take anime/Pokemon stuff.

Please Don't Send: Evil Hat fate dice (I've probaby got em), Magic: the Gathering, CAH/Exploding Kittens or similar, Munchkin, minis, Warhammer, the Complete Book of Elves, zombies, gore, food/drink, dongs, etc.

General Location: :australia:. Willing to send gifts international.

Vow, Solemn: My gifts will be delivered on time so I can ban Grinches.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
Had a rough year BG wise. The shipping container carrying all my stuff got flooded by Typhoon Mangkhut and 95% of my board game collection got completely wiped out (melting in my hands as I unpacked it). I'm taking it as an opportunity to start fresh and focus on the games and IP I'm really interested in.

Gift Preferences: Always interested in new and interesting 2 player board games. Especially Carcasonne-likes (though no carcasonne re-skins or expansions please). I've recently gotten into DCC RPG and would be interested in cool modules or accessories for that game. I already have Chained Coffin, Fel Hand of Fate, Sailors on a Sunless Sea, and The One Who Watches from Below. I've also recently discovered Patrick Stuart's awesome writing and would be interested in seeing more of his stuff - so far I only have Veins of the Earth. Also a fan of old weird RPGs, and anything else cool, weird, and unusual RPG related - especially if it has awesome art. I'm kind of interested in KeyForge: Call of the Archons - you can play with just two random decks of that, right? I'm also interested in the new Heroes of Terrinoth game, I really enjoyed the WarHam Fantasy version of that system. Finally, if you have a favorite game or system you love to share or give people, I'd be happy to be surprised by something that doesn't conform to this list. Thanks!

Please Don't Send: Minis, CAH, Exploding Kittens, Munchkin, etc. Please nothing in PDF format - I prefer physical books!

General Location: Small Isolated Pacific Island. Fortunately, things shipped to me ship as if to USA.

Vow: Never grinched. Never will.

Bruxism fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 13, 2018

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Got the Trad Games Secret Santa email, and got pumped!

Gift Preferences:Dear Secret Santa, I like miniatures and miniatures accessories, with a bent towards the historical though fantasy and sci-fi minis are cool too (I just have a ton already). Paints, brushes, terrain, cool rules for small/skirmish scale games would be more than welcome. I also yearn for a KV-2 model to lovingly assemble and paint. I'm getting back into RPGs with some *World games and 2nd Ed 7th Sea and hard copies of books would be nice (I have Dungeon World already, other than that, go wild). Aside form that, I do blacksmithing and am getting into leatherworking, if either of those two things are more your speed for gifts. Those are ideas to get you started, please don't feel confined to that list if you don't wish to be.

Please no anime, dongs, or giving GW money. Also, I mostly lurk and I'm pretty sure my last post was months ago; sorry to leave no good gift-giving clues, Santa.

Geographic Location: Maryland, USA

Solemn Vow: I have not, and will never, grinch another goon.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up with emails, except no email yet from Ettin.

Today was a holiday in the US - I'm hoping a lot more people see this thread tomorrow (tuesday)! Please do politely spread the word, but don't spam up TG threads with more than one nice post mentioning it's secret santa time. I've noticed most TG denizens kind of stick to their bookmarked threads, so people may not notice this one even though it's stickied (thanks Ettin!).

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Put me in as an un-Grincher if necessary. I have no need for more TG stuff, but would love to give if somebody gets dicked over.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yo, in for another year:

Gift prefs: X Wing stuff, there's a full list of what I don't have below, that matches up with spare dials from my conversion kit, anything from that is fair game. Keyforge decks, a keyforge playmat. Mini painting gear, though I have more than enough unpainted minis, thanks. I'm kind of running out of ideas lol. E: the Paperback expansion would be cool. No perishables, no dongs. if you prefer less boardgamey stuff, cheap LARP weapons, cosplay/foam crafting gear etc would go down well, but is pretty low on the list.

Geographic location: Oxfordshire, UK

Solemn vow: I will most likely buy and ship my gift on saturday tbh.

X Wing list, broadly in order of priority. Where there's a 2e version, the 1e version is fine, indeed, probably preferable:
Z-95 Headhunter (2)
Protectorate Starfighter
Kihraxz Fighter
Quadjumper
Slave I
M3-A Interceptor
Alpha Class Star Wing
Lambda-class Shuttle
TIE Advanced
TIE Aggressor (2)
Kimogila Fighter
Shadow Caster
HWK-290

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 15, 2018

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Time again for cheer-sharing, TG-style!

Gift Preferences: I actually made up an Amazon list of cool gifty things. Also, any printed versions of Mutant Chronicles RPG sourcebooks other than the player's guide, and the Umerican Survival Guide or Gazeteer would be awesome. I prefer print to PDF in general but some cool books only exist as PDFs.

I also like monster manuals a lot. This can include cool books of nature photographs or dinosaur books and whatnot. I already have the D&D manual (multiple editions), Creatures Anathema, The L5R Shadowlands one, the Alpha Omega one, Barlowe's Aliens, Veins of the Earth, 13th Age Bestiary, Theriographica, Borges, Masters and Minions, Tome of Beasts, Creature Codex, Ninth World Bestiary 1 & 2 and a couple others I'm forgetting. I really want a print version of Swords & Wizardry's Monstrosities (even a different system version) but the PDF may be what I end up having to live with. I also don't have the full Tome of Horrors though that does count as the D&D manual+

Monster miniatures are also cool and good. I already have all the cool monster minis from Bones 3 & 4 but other monsters from Reaper/Bones or any system or game are fine. I just like them as minis, I don't use them for anything but fun hobby objects.

Please no animes or other fiction books, I have a lot of those. Board games and card games are cool and fun but I have a backlog I need to get through already.

Solemn Vow: Grinches get stitches, I will do my part!

occamsnailfile fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 15, 2018

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

djfooboo posted:

Put me in as an un-Grincher if necessary. I have no need for more TG stuff, but would love to give if somebody gets dicked over.
I'm totally going to forget about this so PM me if it comes to it, but yeah, I'll do this as well.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm totally going to forget about this so PM me if it comes to it, but yeah, I'll do this as well.

djfooboo posted:

Thanks to both of you for volunteering! But, the way it works now is we wait till there's a grinch, and then I make a call for volunteers and pick randomly from among them. This works better for me (I don't have to track anything unless something bad happens), and also ensures that all of the de-grinch volunteers are people currently watching the thread, as and when it happens (typically late december or early january).

Last year we had zero grinches, so let's cross our fingers and assume the best, again!

e. Replies to everyone are out. Still no email from our overlord, Ettin. I wonder if he read the rules? :ohdear:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 14, 2018

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Receive TG related gifts you don't need, cowards

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
It's my most favorite time of yeeeeeeeeeear!!!

Sign me the hell up for "receiving a weird box of nonsense from a stranger on the Internet" please

Gift Preferences: I already own a lot of RPGs and Board Games, (Here's a pastbin of my stuff I also live with goon housemates, and in years past goon Krysmphoenix has been perfectly willing to receive PMs and low key see if I'd be interested in something or double check my collection.

As for stuff I actually want, I do love me some RPG rulebooks that I may or may not actually be able to run a game of. I also am a big fan of medium weight board games. Some specific ideas of things I've had my eye on include The Duke, Tzolk'in, the new Star Trek RPG, Argent, Millennium Blades

Outside of specifically trad games stuff, I'm also a huge Star Wars and tokusatsu fan; one year my secret Santa gift from this thread was a box of random toku toys and I loved them.

Please definitely don't get me: any FFG Star Wars RPG stuff (I own all the books and don't particularly care about all the spec decks), nothing from any designers known to be lovely people (Zak S comes to mind...)

Solemn Vow: you'll get a gift from me, come hell or high water. I won't ruin anyone's holiday

jivjov fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 14, 2018

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Gift Preferences: Enjoy Euro style boardgames and all wargames. I've been wanting to get an actual WW2 hex wargame for awhile. No minis.

RPG wise: I like the Chronicles of Darkness line especially Mage: The Awakening, Monsterhearts, Night Witches, the Sprawl, the FFG Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay line. Basically interesting worldbuilding or mechanics that weave into telling a story. No D&D, no books from bad people (Zac S., etc) please.

Other wise: I am a huge leftist so anything dealing with current or historical left politics would be extremely rad.

Would prefer a book (POD is fine) to another PDF that sits on my harddrive that I don't read.

Board Games/Wargames I already have:
Twilight Struggle
1960: The Making of A President
Dixit
Castles of Burgundy
All the COIN wargames
Sekigahara
Keyflower
Coup
The Resistance

RPGs I have:
Mage: The Awakening Second Edition Core
Night Witches
Rogue Trader core/Hostile Acquisitions/Into the Storm
Deathwatch/Rites of Battle
World Wide Wrestling (Everything)
The Sprawl
Dungeon World
Apocalypse World

Geographic Location: Washington DC, USA

Solemn Vow: I have not, and will never, grinch another goon.

Zikan fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 17, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Last year was awesome, let's go again!

Gift Preferences: I quite like RPGS, but my partner we will kill me if I add more weighty tomes to our poor bookshelf. Wee books or zines all good though, as are P.O.D and PDFs. Board games cool too, though not ones with heavy deception stuff (game group is not a fan of games like Coup, Avalon, and Masquerade). A fan of worker placement games, like Carcassonne (we have Carcassonne and expansions).
Been playing SLA CS1 skirmish game recently, but given Daruma still have all their models tied up with the liquidators it might be difficult to get these. Enjoy painting the wee models and all that stuff. Don't have any terrain for this.
Food is good, though I'm a vegetarian.

General Location: UK

Solemn Vow: I Solemnly Swear that no goon will be Grinched by me. I shall not grinch them without care, I will not Grinch them on a dare. I would not Grinch them with a flair, I shall not grinch goons anywhere.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

LeSquide posted:

Receive TG related gifts you don't need, cowards

Gift Preferences: I'm interested in transitioning from Gunpla to traditional miniatures, so some basic painting supplies or robot/mech miniatures would be great. I'm also looking at starting to play Infinity so you could also enable that somehow. I like 13th Age a lot but I think I have most of the books already except for Fire and Faith and The Crown Commands. I also really like 4E and only have the main three books, and am intensely regretting now getting more Fragged Empire stuff as GenCon (I only have the core and Fragged Kingdom). Please no product from known gross industry people :) Art-wise I like fantasy landscapes, especially floating islands, and bear / cat related iconography. I have two cats as well who like fish-flavored things. I room with GenCon thread organizer and Wasteland 2 character Quarex so he could probably be persuaded to check my shelves to see if I have something or advise on whether a proposed gift would suit my mercurial temperament.

General Location: Chicago, IL

Solemn Vow: I will keep up with this thread, never Grinch a Goon, and will volunteer for unGrinching if the opportunity arises. Semper games.

CaptainRat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 15, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Latest batch of sign-ups are processed!

We are at 23 participants so far, with less than three days left for folks to sign up for the main round. Last year the main round was 58 gifts (which included a handful of double-uppers) so I hope we get a nice flood of people in the next couple days. But if not, no worries... everyone still gets the same amount of presents!

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I love random strangers packages

GIFT PREFERENCES
I like miniatures and model kits! Anything characterful or oddball would be great.

How far will santa fly? Wellington, New Zealand.

Solemn Vow: I will not Grinch for Taika still hungers for baby flesh

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Registration is still open, right? I'm assuming, so...

Gift Preferences I'm a nerdy nerd, so a lot of things are cool. Locally, board games are more popular, so board games are preferable. I also like model kits of random things (including GunPla) and whatnot. Miniatures wise: locally there's not a lot of action on miniatures; I currently have Dropfleet and Xwang, but if someone sent me Infinity stuff I'd be stoked.

Board Games Collection:

*edited*:
Games with (TW) Taiwanese, (HK) Hong Kong produced games, afaik
The Big Book of Madness
Carcassone (base set with Rivers) + Traders & Builders Expansion
Codenames
Consentacle
Cottage Garden
Coup
Dixit
5 Minute Dungeon
Fluxx
Food Chain Magnate
Fortune City (TW)
Hanabi
Hanamikoji (TW)
Herbalism (TW)
Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave (I don't have the original Hostage Negotiator, but would be interested)
Indian Summer
Keyflower
King of Tokyo (1st Ed) + Halloween Pack
Love Letter
Maritime Silkroad (HK)
Moo's Code
Mystery of the Temples (TW)
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Overseers
Patchwork
Root (with River Folk expansion)
Scythe + Expansion
Shadows over Kyoto (TW)
Splendor
Star Realms (and a few expansions I'm too lazy to figure out)
Summoner Wars
Sushi Go and Sushi Go Party
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Tokaido
Vast: The Crystal Caverns
Vita Mors (TW)

Solemn Vow: I hereby promise to execute my duties as a TGSS Santa to the best of my abilities and not be a deadbeat grinch.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 20, 2018

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
Gift Preferences: I am less rpg'y then i am board gamey, i dont really have an rpg group. So board games. I will be editing with our list on BGG once my wife wakes up. In the meantime, I have been playing the hell out of Isle of Skye and Fallout and am seriously jonesing for the xpacks for Skye and NCR once it comes out for fallout, however thats not a demand or anything. i also tend to like deckbuilders but i have most of the "big" ones like dominion, ascension, etc. I do a ton of gunpla. I also recently had ALL my paints sour thanks to a move, inclement weather, and someone placing them where they shouldnt be, so P3 paints would be welcome as well as i need to basically replace my whole kit.

Boardgame Geek Collection : https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/amandaofdoom - we have most of the smashup and dominion expansions we just havent gone in and marked them all yet.

General Location: Tempe, AZ

Solemn Vow: I will never Grinch a fellow TG goon lest 10,000 grognards lift me into the sky and osric at me for the rest of time.

Benedict fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Hoo boy am I glad I decided to check the actual forum, almost missed the sign-up.

Gift Preferences: I have a large BG collection so I keep a CSI wishlist for this of things I definitely don't own. I like handmade gaming-related gifts, local snacks, or nice gaming accessories.

Anime is eh, dongs are fine, nothing Games Workshop, and I don't really do much pen and paper RPG anymore.

Solemn Vow: Haven't Grinched yet, ain't going to start.