Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
My Santee's gift has been ordered, but I very much doubt it will be here quite in time to make a Christmas deadline. But hey, miracles can happen! And anyway, won't it be nice to have a second mini-Christmas a day or three after the first one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Both of my lightning round santees should be getting their gifts tomorrow.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ibntumart posted:

My Santee's gift has been ordered, but I very much doubt it will be here quite in time to make a Christmas deadline. But hey, miracles can happen! And anyway, won't it be nice to have a second mini-Christmas a day or three after the first one?

Understood. This is for round 3, so, folks reading along: this lot got special dispensation to possibly be a little late, there's no rules-violating here.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Aww, dip, my TGSS stuff came in!

What could this be?

This warrants a closer look...

A box for Cola!

Amy tags in to approve of 3 books I've never heard of, and one I have. Of course she chose the hardcover - she has expensive taste!

A very special team investigates Colonial Gothic, The Indie Hack, Goblin Quest, and Godlike!

Unfortunately, I either did not get the name of Santa, or only getting one hour of sleep has curtailed my memory. :iiam:

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
A package! What's inside??

Enforcers! Wait, Enforcers?

Is this a hint to drop GW?

Aha! Blueboyz to go with my Ratboyz!

I'm sure they'll get along and go on picnics rather than fight each other to the death.

Thanks, Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thegodofchuck posted:

Thanks, Santa!

Did your Santa number themselves? If not, I'll need this shipment's santa to claim responsibility, here or via email please.

ANNOUNCEMENT
I am heading out of town this afternoon to attend a funeral and will not be back till saturday or sunday. I won't be answering TGSS emails during that time. I should be able to catch up to any issues on Sunday evening or possibly Monday, depending on how things go.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I hope everything's okay Leperflesh :ohdear:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My best friend's dad passed away last week after several years of decline with Alzheimers. So we knew he would go eventually and it's a mercy, although my friend is still taking it very hard, he lost his mom a few years ago to cancer and his siblings are terrible people so now he's kind of alone, he was his dad's caretaker the last few years. I've known them since I was in 2nd grade, so I was close to the family.

I'll be alright, but I worry about my friend.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

thegodofchuck posted:

Enforcers! Wait, Enforcers?

Is this a hint to drop GW?

Aha! Blueboyz to go with my Ratboyz!

I'm sure they'll get along and go on picnics rather than fight each other to the death.

Thanks, Santa!

I mean, if we were all to drop GW, we'd be happier, wiser Goons. But somehow, they draw us back. But that's no reason not to enjoy some Mantic as well.

Glad you liked the blueboyz and enforcers! Rhjamiz and I coordinated to make sure we were both getting you different sets.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

JackMann posted:

I mean, if we were all to drop GW, we'd be happier, wiser Goons. But somehow, they draw us back. But that's no reason not to enjoy some Mantic as well.

Glad you liked the blueboyz and enforcers! Rhjamiz and I coordinated to make sure we were both getting you different sets.

That sounds like collusion! Thanks!

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I got my present! It was a Tough core rulebook and an Infinity core rulebook! I can't wait to give them a go!

Thanks Santa!

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
I forgot to post this the other day.
I got a letter from Australia.
It was a card from my TGSS.

Seemed intriguing.

Today, I got a message from my local game store (Game Masters Guild).
There was a package waiting for me.

I opened it upon arrival at home.

Thanks Ettin!
It'll fit in perfectly!
Merry Christmas!

Also BIG THANKS to Leperflesh for making all this cheer possible.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ettin and I bought the same pack of aussie xmas cards to send :stare:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Amazon has told me that my second gift has been delivered.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Ettin and I bought the same pack of aussie xmas cards to send :stare:

What's the point of sending someone a Christmas card from Australia if it's not going to be an ironic Santa at the beach :v:

Glad you liked it, ToyotaThong!

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

berenzen posted:

Amazon has told me that my second gift has been delivered.

Yes! It has! I'm sorry, I haven't had a chance to post pictures. Thank you very much, and I'll post some pics later today!

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Rhyos posted:

Unfortunately, I either did not get the name of Santa, or only getting one hour of sleep has curtailed my memory. :iiam:

There should have been a note, or at least I asked them to include one, but sending it via a US store on the lightning round limited my options. Sorry you had one of them already but hopefully the rest are awesome and interesting for you to read!

Edit

Drivethru didn't send me an email, or even have any sort of 'you have received a thing' but I happened to check and my Santa has sent me the Torg Core rules and GM screen, which works well with having gotten the hardback from the lightning round, so thanks Santa!

They helpfully included the message

*Dong* *Dong*

SO I guess I did get dongs afterall!

PST fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 15, 2018

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
I didn't have any of them, actually! I had heard of Godlike, but had never actually flipped through it, so it's all new reading. Thanks for helping me flesh out my RPG shelf!

As for my stuff, Amazon says the first part's been delivered, and the second part should arrive Monday. Right under the deadline!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Swags posted:

I got my present! It was a Tough core rulebook and an Infinity core rulebook! I can't wait to give them a go!

Thanks Santa!

Have fun TORGing it up! I haven't had a chance to start playing it myself, but I've really liked what I've read. Glad it got to you quickly.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

JackMann posted:

Have fun TORGing it up! I haven't had a chance to start playing it myself, but I've really liked what I've read. Glad it got to you quickly.

Oh god, Autocorrect. Why you do dis.

Thanks again. I'm really looking forward to anything that includes a "cyberpapacy" among it's nations.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
Well I got a fedex notification a package was inbound so I was super hype.

While i was out got the delivery notification, but when i got home something strange.

On the concrete in front of our apartment were two items, without any packaging or box or anything. I didnt think to photo them in situ, but here they are

Now, Santa, I love my handcrafted art. Its amazing. But this was supposedly coming from fedex and there wasnt no fedex box, so I have a feeling I was burgled and someone dumped the art on the ground and took off. Can you confirm if this was the only contents? Did you hand deliver it to my apartment?

Maybe its just cuz its been a bad week but this whole situation has me super paranoid.

Also, Santee, I will have your thing in ups tomorrow.

Benedict fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 16, 2018

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
What a glorious couple of Gamesmas for me! For not one, not two, but three packages came this day and yesterday.

Rhyos's came first yesterday evening:

Many thanks, Rhyos! This looks like something my wife and I can enjoy even without drinks! Though the missed package UPS slip leads me to believe we'll be able to wet our whistle soon. Really looking forward to having a chance to play this.

And then Mystery Santa's Swag's packages arrived this morning:

The Bree supplement for The One Ring! I had been pining after this for a while. And the Backstory Guide looks pretty drat cool! I have no doubt I will be using the latter. And as for the former, I had been thinking to run a game on these forums again, and this looks like a clear sign.

Many thanks to both of you!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 18, 2018

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Benedict posted:

Well I got a fedex notification a package was inbound so I was super hype.

While i was out got the delivery notification, but when i got home something strange.

On the concrete in front of our apartment were two items, without any packaging or box or anything. I didnt think to photo them in situ, but here they are

Now, Santa, I love my handcrafted art. Its amazing. But this was supposedly coming from fedex and there wasnt no fedex box, so I have a feeling I was burgled and someone dumped the art on the ground and took off. Can you confirm if this was the only contents? Did you hand deliver it to my apartment?

Maybe its just cuz its been a bad week but this whole situation has me super paranoid.

Also, Santee, I will have your thing in ups tomorrow.

Yikes, I am so sorry someone did that. I guess I should have sprung for the signature confirmation after all.

Fortunately that is everything that was in the package. I guess whoever opened it was hoping for something more obviously valuable :( I hope you like it though!

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

ibntumart posted:

Rhyos's came first yesterday evening:

Many thanks, Rhyos! This looks like something my wife and I can enjoy even without drinks! Though the missed package UPS slip leads me to believe we'll be able to wet our whistle soon. Really looking forward to having a chance to play this.

It's one of my favorite board games, and there are all sorts of other sets that can expand and expound upon it. Slugfest is also a good company, as they donated a bunch of copies (at the time, 4 of everything in the line!) to a charity I work with, so I do my best to rep them whenever possible! I really hope you guys enjoy it!

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

My santee's gift should be arriving either tomorrow or the day after, if the shipping elves decide to take an extra smoke break or something

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright everyone, we're coming down to the deadline now, and most of the TG Secret Santa gifts have already been received!

Here's a rundown of what my notes say about gift status. Please look for your Santee - the person assigned to you for you to get a gift - and verify the status, or let me know if I've got something wrong.

MAIN ROUND
pre:
STATUS			SANTEE
Received 2/2			Zikan
received			No Pun Intended
received			ToyotaThong
Received 2/2			Ephphatha
Received 2/2			Hypnobeard
Received 2/2			Humbug Scoolbus
Received ˝			Sion
received			CovfefeCatCafe
received			thespaceinvader
received			WereGoat
received			PST
received			Rhjamiz
Received ˝ (˝ not yet shipped?)	DigitalRaven
received			Loxbourne
received			potatocubed
received			Yvonmukluk
received			Loxbourne
received			Bruxism
received			occamsnailfile
Verified delivered		AnAnonymousIdiot 1
received			Benedict
received			Auralsaurus Flex
gifts dispatched		AnAnonymousIdiot 2
Received 3/3			Maigius
received			LeSquide
received (unopened)		fr0id
received			Chekans 3 16
shipped “prepared for US Export”Atlas Hugged
received			berenzen
shipping 16th			JackMann
Received 2/2			Leperflesh
ordered w/option “before xmas”	Ettin
received			jivjov
received			CaptainRat
received			That Old Tree
received			Reene
shipped				AnAnonymousIdiot 3
received			SirFozzie
received			Cotton Candidasis
received			NTRabbit
received			Gau
Bonus Rounds
pre:
LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 1 				
received			Rid
Received ˝			FewtureMD
received			SirFozzie
received			JackMann
ordering dec 12th		thegodofchuck 1
received			thegodofchuck 2
received			thegodofchuck 3
Delivered 3/3			Rhjamiz

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2				
Received ˝			ibntumart
received			Rhyos
received			PST

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3				
possibly received?		ibntumart
ordered				JackMann
received			Swags

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I can verify that I have received a gift. Also that my santee has received theirs, because they posted in-thread.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

potatocubed posted:

I can verify that I have received a gift. Also that my santee has received theirs, because they posted in-thread.

Yup that's what my sheet says, on both ends. :)

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

ibntumart posted:

And then Mystery Santa's packages arrived this morning:

The Bree supplement for The One Ring! I had been pining after this for a while. And the Backstory Guide looks pretty drat cool! I have no doubt I will be using the latter. And as for the former, I had been thinking to run a game on these forums again, and this looks like a clear sign.

Many thanks to both of you!

I hope you like them! I've been looking into One Ring stuff for a long time because I only have the base set and Bree looked like a solid choice. The RPG backstory thing is something I've heard a lot of good poo poo about. Should be good for some nice character growth.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
The gifts keep on coming!

I am no king, but Rhyos certainly is for sending this tasty libation my way! My wife and I already have had a taste and we can see why this is one of your favorites. Getting the wax off the bottle was a bit of a task, but I have so many, many blades on hand, and anyway, it made the reward that much sweeter.

Swags posted:

I hope you like them! I've been looking into One Ring stuff for a long time because I only have the base set and Bree looked like a solid choice. The RPG backstory thing is something I've heard a lot of good poo poo about. Should be good for some nice character growth.

It was indeed a solid choice! Lots of good background and hooks on top of several fully-fleshed adventures. I am now decided on doing a new One Ring game with a Bree start (instead of my usual Lake-town). I've only jumped around in the RPG backstory book so far, but it's pretty fun reading and has some cool ideas.

Leperflesh posted:

Alright everyone, we're coming down to the deadline now, and most of the TG Secret Santa gifts have already been received!

Here's a rundown of what my notes say about gift status. Please look for your Santee - the person assigned to you for you to get a gift - and verify the status, or let me know if I've got something wrong.

I've received everything, I believe. My Santee's gift arrived today, but unfortunately I am dealing with car troubles, so it will go out sometime tomorrow. It's all boxed and addressed and all, though, so literally I just need to pop into the post office.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
And the last package is en route to arrive this Friday.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
This just showed up on my doorstep:

Thanks Santa!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
The UPS man came along tonight and delivered unto me a package.

The mail-sniffing dog is ever vigilant, lest a package remain unsniffed.

One more sniff, just for good measure.

Some sort of tupperware container. My leftovers are saved! But wait, there's something already in there...

Why, some Bones miniatures, nearly all of aberrant and menacing mien! Why thank you, mysterious Santa who totally isn't Benedict.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 19, 2018

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
To follow up on almost three weeks ago, a little green envelope showed up with a nice christmas card. Thank you again to my Secret Santee :)

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

SirFozzie posted:

To follow up on almost three weeks ago, a little green envelope showed up with a nice christmas card. Thank you again to my Secret Santee :)

Glad to hear it!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Ettin posted:

This just showed up on my doorstep:

Thanks Santa!

Merry Christmas!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Bloody hell!

Pictures to come! :eek:

edit -

What's this? A box from Taiwan? :aaa:

Oh goodness. That's a lot of wasabi!

I'm assuming that the screaming chicken means 'perfectly safe, not at all dangerous'

Wasabi peanuts!

A boardgame that looks like a mix of Carcassonne (a favourite) with Machi Koro (another favourite!)

A note with a drawing on the back that I have carefully positioned a finger over to obscure a real name.

This rules, thank you santa.

Sion fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 19, 2018

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Final Gift Get!

A card with a not-so-subtle hint:

Wrapped present:

Did you guess from the hint?:

Thanks Santa FewtureMD P.S. pls confirm second game thx!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Sion posted:

Bloody hell!

Pictures to come! :eek:

edit -

What's this? A box from Taiwan? :aaa:

Oh goodness. That's a lot of wasabi!

I'm assuming that the screaming chicken means 'perfectly safe, not at all dangerous'

Wasabi peanuts!

A boardgame that looks like a mix of Carcassonne (a favourite) with Machi Koro (another favourite!)

A note with a drawing on the back that I have carefully positioned a finger over to obscure a real name.

This rules, thank you santa.

Yay! You got your part 2! All tiefling wizards were either out of stock or on pre-order, so I wasn't able to snag one for you. The little packets are dried peas coated in wasabi, a fairly popular snack (or at least I like them). The ramen noodles technically come from Korea, but still something I thought would be fun. Mini Park is pretty fun, and I actually got to meet the designer a couple of months ago. It's fairly light, and plays quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm on holiday for the next week so won't be able to check for deliveries. I get home on Christmas Eve so let's hope for a miracle from Santa!