Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I watched Blood Diner and it was pretty great. Thanks again, fr0id!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #2 presents have been ordered.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
I have received Holiday Joy!

It came with an...oddly disquieting note:

But the joy was real!

Thank you, Santa! I shall think of you as I explore the galaxy in my little wooden starship!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #1 present ordered! (edit, confused the numbers).
...aaaand Santee #3 present ordered!

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 27, 2018

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My Santee #2 present has arrived! It's a box of pocket card games.

Thank you, Goon Santa! Sadly I cannot post your note as it has your real name on it. These should break lots of ice during the first hour of game nights.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I have now received the third present of the Carasonne expansion Inns and Cathedrals. It's been a go to filler game for a while, and I hope to play it tomorrow. Thanks for all the gifts, JackMann and may you be well-showered in this as well.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
I completely missed this last year, and nearly did this year, but I'm in the lightning rounds, now!

Dos: Obscure RPGs are my jam, even if I don't have the time to play any of them. Books/digital are fine! Also big into obscure/hidden gem retro console games, so if you know of an obscure gem on any old console that everyone should know about, send it my way! Alongside those, I'm a big fan of meads and vodkas, and need to drink more. (Don't worry, you aren't enabling functional alcoholism - the docs say that I desperately need to destress!) While I may not have a lot of room/time to play actual in-person P&P, I'm always on the hunt for cool dice. I also have 2 cats, so :catdrugs: are always welcome! Cyberpunk stuff is very much my jam, too, so if there's a musical inclination, industrial/synth heavy stuff is also a safe bet.

Don'ts: While I like board games, I live in a studio apartment with a wife and a good friend that needs a hand, so there's very little room for anything clutter-related. Board games are sadly out, as are most collectibles/figures/etc.

Solemn Vow: :toxx: Never once grinched, and up for degrinching!

Rhyos fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 28, 2018

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Maigius posted:

I have now received the third present of the Carasonne expansion Inns and Cathedrals. It's been a go to filler game for a while, and I hope to play it tomorrow. Thanks for all the gifts, JackMann and may you be well-showered in this as well.

Glad you liked it, Maigius! Good gaming to you and yours.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Goonta Claus delivered me a weird as gently caress gaming magazine for Battlelords called 'The Galactic Underground - Issue #1'. I am speechless in awe that such a thing is now in my possession and also unknowing who the generous goon is, as there was no note or any other sign.

EDIT: Also Gift Launched! But there was no way to personalize it...so there is a phantom present at large!

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 29, 2018

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Goonta Claus delivered me a weird as gently caress gaming magazine for Battlelords called 'The Galactic Underground - Issue #1'. I am speechless in awe that such a thing is now in my possession and also unknowing who the generous goon is, as there was no note or any other sign.

EDIT: Also Gift Launched! But there was no way to personalize it...so there is a phantom present at large!

Excellent! I had to order directly from Ebay and couldn't put any personalized notes in there. Glad it's a hit. I was anxious about finding something cool that you don't already have. There should be one more item arriving soon...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bruxism posted:

Excellent! I had to order directly from Ebay and couldn't put any personalized notes in there. Glad it's a hit. I was anxious about finding something cool that you don't already have. There should be one more item arriving soon...

I get the lack of notes. That was a perfect choice too, as I have a signed set of all the ODS publications books (they are all poo poo, but they are all signed).

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

A parcel came in...

with a very nice note insude!

And an expansion to a game my wife and I love to play

Thank you Secret Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Great to see the gifts streaming in and it's not even December yet! Around a dozen completed giftings so far. :)

I'm caught up on emails and we are in an open bonus round with one goon signed up for it so far.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Somehow I missed that my santee had gotten their presents, so am all relieved and glad to have given them a good Goonmass.

Signing up for super-extra-special lightning round 2, time-critical edition.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Another box arrived from my Santa, Chekans 3 16!

The cats were having dinner, so feline box interest was at a nadir.

Blurry games!

Oh wait no, clear games! I got Santorini and a couple decks of Keyforge. Right on! Looks like a couple of cool fun games to try, perhaps accompanied by a glass of gin.

Thanks, Checkans 3 16! You were extremely generous. :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A wild package appeared!

It was seized for inspection by Customs Officer Casper

It cost me a treat, but I got it in the end

Sweet, Alhambra, this is going on my New Years trip down the coast, thanks Santa Goon!

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

A mysterious package arrived, but I may have forgotten to take a picture of the outside....

However! The contents were most exciting!

This is the perfect sort of game for me and my better half to play together, and the "part 1 of 2" has me super excited for the rest! Thanks, Secret Santa!

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

A wild package appeared!

It was seized for inspection by Customs Officer Casper

It cost me a treat, but I got it in the end

Sweet, Alhambra, this is going on my New Years trip down the coast, thanks Santa Goon!

Yay! It got there alright. You have something else coming as well. Tell Casper he's pretty.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Christmas Cheer has been deployed!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Hoping my gifts got to my santee., 1 of them was apparently redirected/forwarded, and the main one I'm not sure if they're checking regularly.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Sent my box of live spiders registered, but it appears to have fallen off the face of the Earth. Hope it arrives safely.

Edit: It has reappeared in the proper country.

Atlas Hugged fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 1, 2018

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
My lightening round gift arrived yesterday afternoon, but I forgot to take pictures. Thank you to the wonderful goon who sent me a copy of Santorini! My partner and I stayed up playing it until the wee hours, as it is the perfect game for the two of us to enjoy together. Great, great gift!

Meanwhile, I am in the process of sorting out shipping my own cheer bundle. It turns out to be much more difficult to move stuff from my location to the destination than I thought, so I've had to do some re-planning...

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Loxbourne posted:

My Santee #2 present has arrived! It's a box of pocket card games.

Thank you, Goon Santa! Sadly I cannot post your note as it has your real name on it. These should break lots of ice during the first hour of game nights.

:thumbsup:

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Rid posted:

My lightening round gift arrived yesterday afternoon, but I forgot to take pictures. Thank you to the wonderful goon who sent me a copy of Santorini! My partner and I stayed up playing it until the wee hours, as it is the perfect game for the two of us to enjoy together. Great, great gift!

Meanwhile, I am in the process of sorting out shipping my own cheer bundle. It turns out to be much more difficult to move stuff from my location to the destination than I thought, so I've had to do some re-planning...

Yay! I'm glad it was enjoyed!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

My gift has been ordered and should be sent out on Monday!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

The Yule-Father remembered what day it is and is quickly at work. Two gifts are already on their way, and one more may join them real quick if we get lucky.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I got worried that the first gift I ordered wasn't going to come on time, so a second gift has been sent!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Of my two Santees, I have sent out #1's gift. #2 I have a question for.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

The Yule-Father remembered what day it is and is quickly at work. Two gifts are already on their way, and one more may join them real quick if we get lucky.

If I understand right, you've sent gifts for #s 2 and 3, correct?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

If I understand right, you've sent gifts for #s 2 and 3, correct?

That's right. And now the Yule-Father has the final gift being finalized. Everyone should get their gifts before Christmas.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
With much umming and erring; I have decided on the cheer and can say gifts Ordered! Depending on how it is sent it might come in 2 parts.
I really do hope my santee likes it :ohdear:

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 3, 2018

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I apologize for letting it sit so long but my leasing office and mail person are terrible at actually informing me of packages at the office so I had no idea it was there until Leperflesh let me know. Look, a box!

After a thorough inspection by Boxmaster Navi and assistant TrashCat Bijoux it was cleared for opening:

Woah! Two small games which look interesting, a veiled stab at the freshness of my car, a very nice card, a pin I have no idea of what but looks like it's related to Texas, and IMPERIAL ASSAULT goddamn. It's sleeved and has a broken token organizer already as well! I'm really excited to get this on our table, thanks JivJov! All of this was really awesome and I'm looking forward to cackling as I laser blast Rebel Scum!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Woah! Two small games which look interesting, a veiled stab at the freshness of my car, a very nice card, a pin I have no idea of what but looks like it's related to Texas, and IMPERIAL ASSAULT goddamn. It's sleeved and has a broken token organizer already as well! I'm really excited to get this on our table, thanks JivJov! All of this was really awesome and I'm looking forward to cackling as I laser blast Rebel Scum!

Huzzah! Glad you got the box. I was rather worried it had gotten lost in parcel limbo or something!

The pin is the logo of my favorite esports team, the Houston Outlaws. Had a handful laying around so I chucked one in the box for fun.

I sincerely do hope you get more enjoyment out of Imperial Assault than I was able to. I'm a huge star wars fan, but assembling a regular group willing to play it was just not happening. I don't remember if I listed them on the card or not, but included in there are a handful of the figure expansion packs (Han, IG-88, Royal Guards, and Alliance Smuggler).

EDIT: Also, you have literally the same spin bike my wife does. Y'all can be fitness pals.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 3, 2018

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Holy cow, I just checked my email, and I had a gift waiting for me on DriveThruRPG.

THREE Core Books

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/177662/Fellowship--A-Tabletop-Adventure-Game
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/155572/Shadow-of-the-Demon-Lord
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/210516/ZWEIHANDER-Grim-and-Perilous-RPG--Core-Book

THANK YOU, TG Secret Santee . They will be read and enjoyed greatly.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I haven't opened it yet, but I think I got a box from someone here. I'll get it opened up soon and take some pictures.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi everyone!

Everything seems to be going well. I just wanted to mention we only have 2 goons signed up for LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2, which is one goon short of the triad needed to not just have it be a gift exchange, lol. If anyone was on the fence about it, one more goon and I can close that round and kick it off.

Rhyos, PST, if nobody else signs up, I guess I could have you two exchange gifts! It would not be a surprise who is your Santa, but you'd still get a present and you wouldn't know what the present is till you get it!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

thegodofchuck posted:

Yay! I'm glad it was enjoyed!

Thanks - it really is a fun game!

Cheer has been shipped (in several parcels); should arrive at destination by end of the week!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

SirFozzie posted:

Holy cow, I just checked my email, and I had a gift waiting for me on DriveThruRPG.

THREE Core Books

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/177662/Fellowship--A-Tabletop-Adventure-Game
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/155572/Shadow-of-the-Demon-Lord
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/210516/ZWEIHANDER-Grim-and-Perilous-RPG--Core-Book

THANK YOU, TG Secret Santee . They will be read and enjoyed greatly.

Enjoy! You should have got a Christmas card in the mail, too, so keep an eye out.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Hi everyone!

Everything seems to be going well. I just wanted to mention we only have 2 goons signed up for LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2, which is one goon short of the triad needed to not just have it be a gift exchange, lol.

Not anymore it's not! Please let me throw my hat in the ring since I'm a dumb dummy that forgot about TGSS until too late the last several years.

Secret Santa, hearken I pray to my supplication

Gift Preferences:

First off, I hate anime and steampunk. So strong is my hate I had to list it before anything I love. Speaking of love, I love boardgames and wargames, but have no room in my place to really play or paint and store minis unfortunately.

So generally, I dig Star Wars, LOTR, Arthurian, and cyberpunk stuff (I have all the Takeshi Kovacs books). Horror-themed games are good, too. Cool indie RPGs are always awesome (e.g., I hear Red Markets is interesting). A nicely themed or decorated coffee mug is always appreciated.

Specifically, I would love to flesh out my The One Ring collection. Books I don't have are Oaths of the Riddermark, Bree, and Laughter of Dragons. Gumshoe's solo Cthulhu and Night's Black Ops look good. (I don't actually have Night's Black Ops yet, but I was leaning towards getting it anyway!) Bandai Star Wars models are always fun to put together.

If there's any fun two-person card games that don't take hours to finish, that would be cool, too. My wife and I have been looking for ways to game together in what can be limited mutual downtime.

I love actual books, by the way, but am completely fine with digital versions of anything.

General Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California, US

Solemn Vow: My giftee shall be gifted, let no one doubt this shall come to pass.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Got home from work to find my partner with a half opened box.

The wee sneak, trying to intercept her Christmas prezzie!

Anyway, back to the box, what could it be?

Rad!

Halloween Jack and some carrien! I don't have a Jack, and I've got a nice wee carrien starter that was just a few members short of being complete, so this is just perfect! Well done Santa, your gift giving abilities are second to none!

But wait, there's more.

!

Yeah! A cool derelict building terrain piece! Very CS1, I'll need to check out more of these. I'm well excited to build this. Oooo, and paint it maybe. You are truly a coinnuseur of miniature warming.

You are a staaaar.

------

As for my santee, I'm not quite done with their gift, but should be ready and posted by the end of the week. 👍