Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I got a package in the mail today!

Lucky me, indeed.

Uh oh, this attracted some attention.

It warranted careful inspection.

Shocked at the wondrous contents to behold.

Including coins from around the world!

I wasn't able to capture all the great stuff in these photos, but that tank under the brushes is a sweet, ridiculous, magnificent KV2, and I was given so many amazing gifts! Lots of cool things to include an RPG (rocket propelled grenade launcher) pen, MOAB Christmas ornament, an Eglin AFB "Remove Before Flight" keychain, and treats like Kraft canned cheese with Sky Flakes crackers, Hi-Chews, and bone marrow flavored noodles (which I am pumped to try!).

ToyotaThong, this was fantastic; thank you!

Cotton Candidasis fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rid posted:

Thanks - it really is a fun game!

Cheer has been shipped (in several parcels); should arrive at destination by end of the week!

How many parcels, exactly?

ibntumart posted:

Not anymore it's not! Please let me throw my hat in the ring since I'm a dumb dummy that forgot about TGSS until too late the last several years.

You're in!

Did you used to have a different username on SA? I don't see you in any of my sheets, since 2010, maybe you did it before then! If so, welcome back!

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2 is closed!

All participants should have Santee assignments in their inboxes now.

Technically we're open for another bonus round, but I don't think we're likely to get signups and time is getting short now anyway.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 5, 2018

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Just a reminder for any santees here in the US. The post office is closed tomorrow because of the passing of Former President Bush.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SirFozzie posted:

Just a reminder for any santees here in the US. The post office is closed tomorrow because of the passing of Former President Bush.

Wait, seriously? I know the funeral is tomorrow; but they converted that into a freakin postal holiday too?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

jivjov posted:

Wait, seriously? I know the funeral is tomorrow; but they converted that into a freakin postal holiday too?

They declared a national day of mourning, aka a federal holiday. Some governors followed suit for their respective states and state workers, which is why I get the day off too suckaaaahs!

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
To my santee / Leper.

I am still working on your stuff, I want to make it an extra special parcel. It will be there more than on time though, I guarantee it. And it will be worth the wait.

Leperflesh, my wife had a question. Shes not an SA goon but she was curious if she could participate via my account. I'd of course stand surety for her as far as grinching etc. Dont know if that has ever come up, figured id ask.

Benedict fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 5, 2018

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Leperflesh posted:

How many parcels, exactly?

Three. Meant to send it in one big go, but I was defeated by the webpage.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Order placed for my lighting round santee via store in the US to be shipped via USPS media mail which google suggests should get there in time

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNxiWo8gRRI

Package and card on the way!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I got what I can only assume is a secret Santa parcel!

We have a new hire in the Office of Parcel Inspection. He's only 4 months old, but he does his best.

After clearing inspection, I opened it on up to reveal....

Huzzah! I've been eyeing this one for a while. I have a dearth of worker placements, and the whole gimmick with the gears seems right up my alley.

Thanks much, Santa!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Part two of my present arrived!

It is the classic FGU grogfest that is the game Space Opera along with Seldon's Spaceships!

My Santa is a standup goon, thank you so much!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Benedict posted:

Leperflesh, my wife had a question. Shes not an SA goon but she was curious if she could participate via my account. I'd of course stand surety for her as far as grinching etc. Dont know if that has ever come up, figured id ask.

Hm! Interesting idea. It's too late this year, of course, unless we get a few people eager for another lightning bonus round. One disadvantage would be that her Santa would have only the info you gave about her, no post history or familiarity from seeing her post here in TG.

But I know we've sometimes had goons ask for and receive gifts for their children. This isn't that different.

One possibility would be to have you and your wife be a team, and do 2x presents. You would be assigned two santas and two santees, and your santas could be requested to get things for both of you? 2-player games, that sort of thing? Then you and your wife could each pick out gifts for your two santees, however you wanted to divide them up.

Think about it, and remind me next year when we're doing signups.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

jivjov posted:

We have a new hire in the Office of Parcel Inspection. He's only 4 months old, but he does his best.

Huzzah! I've been eyeing this one for a while. I have a dearth of worker placements, and the whole gimmick with the gears seems right up my alley.

Thanks much, Santa!

My Santa is full of black magic and sorcery. I open my door and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but an unexpected Amazon parcel containing the expansion to Tzolk'in!

Didn't have the Office of Parcel Inspection on hand for this one, since I had just assumed that this was something I had ordered for myself and forgotten about.

Super extra double expanded thanks, Secret Santa!!

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Part two of my present arrived!

It is the classic FGU grogfest that is the game Space Opera along with Seldon's Spaceships!

My Santa is a standup goon, thank you so much!

Great, glad everything made it!

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Cotton Candidasis posted:

I got a package in the mail today!

Lucky me, indeed.

Uh oh, this attracted some attention.

It warranted careful inspection.

Shocked at the wondrous contents to behold.

Including coins from around the world!

I wasn't able to capture all the great stuff in these photos, but that tank under the brushes is a sweet, ridiculous, magnificent KV2, and I was given so many amazing gifts! Lots of cool things to include an RPG (rocket propelled grenade launcher) pen, MOAB Christmas ornament, an Eglin AFB "Remove Before Flight" keychain, and treats like Kraft canned cheese with Sky Flakes crackers, Hi-Chews, and bone marrow flavored noodles (which I am pumped to try!).

ToyotaThong, this was fantastic; thank you!

You're most welcome!
I'm glad you like your gift box. It was fun to put together!
The noodles are really good. Have fun building your KV-2.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Package has been shipped! I think my recipient will get it very, very soon.

Leperflesh posted:

You're in!

Did you used to have a different username on SA? I don't see you in any of my sheets, since 2010, maybe you did it before then! If so, welcome back!

No, I never had a chance to do the TG Secret Santa until now. Well, I had the chance ever since I learned about it three or four years ago. I just literally zoned out and never remembered until way too late each time. At least I remembered in time for the lightning rounds this year!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

jivjov posted:

Thanks much, Santa!

jivjov posted:

My Santa is full of black magic and sorcery. I open my door and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but an unexpected Amazon parcel containing the expansion to Tzolk'in!

Didn't have the Office of Parcel Inspection on hand for this one, since I had just assumed that this was something I had ordered for myself and forgotten about.

Super extra double expanded thanks, Secret Santa!!

They made it! Glad to help make your day, and Merry Christmas!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

FewtureMD posted:

A mysterious package arrived, but I may have forgotten to take a picture of the outside....

However! The contents were most exciting!

This is the perfect sort of game for me and my better half to play together, and the "part 1 of 2" has me super excited for the rest! Thanks, Secret Santa!

Part 2 supposedly arrived as well but I haven't seen a post - just wanted to make sure it got there OK!

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Santa's elves have informed me the package is on its was

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I have been informed that my Santee's present is waiting for them.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Despite a dead ex-president's best efforts, my Santee's gift is in the mail!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I have a delivery notification but will not be able to get to the post office until the weekend.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
I got a package though as I had a delivery this morning of some dog treats, Mishka was sure it was for him:

There's a lovely note with it

And inside, it's Torg! Thanks hugely for this. I bought the original when it was first released and I was in university mumble years ago, so i'm looking forward to see how it's been updated.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Ok, part of my gift is taking longer than expected (or rather, I've had less time to work on it than originally planned).

I've posted out part 1/2 gift to guarantee receipt. I still expect to get part 2 out by the due date, but just in case, you know?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Oops, forgot to post earlier. Gift has been sent!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

PST posted:

I got a package though as I had a delivery this morning of some dog treats, Mishka was sure it was for him:

There's a lovely note with it

And inside, it's Torg! Thanks hugely for this. I bought the original when it was first released and I was in university mumble years ago, so i'm looking forward to see how it's been updated.

Glad to bring cheer from across the pond! I never played Torg, but I remember ads for it when I was young *mumble years ago too* and wishing my gaming cohort was willing to try it.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

I think I got a package in the mail from my Secret Santa today.

My dogges and catte are currently ignoring me (like any good pet) so no pic with them.

I can't wait to introduce this to my kiddos and get them all interested in magical journeys. :)

Thank you, secret santa! (I think.)

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hypnobeard posted:

I think I got a package in the mail from my Secret Santa today.

My dogges and catte are currently ignoring me (like any good pet) so no pic with them.

I can't wait to introduce this to my kiddos and get them all interested in magical journeys. :)

Thank you, secret santa! (I think.)

That was from me! I'm glad that you got it safely. You might want to keep your eyes out for another package though, I wasn't sure how long it would take for the printer to make it and ship it.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

berenzen posted:

That was from me! I'm glad that you got it safely. You might want to keep your eyes out for another package though, I wasn't sure how long it would take for the printer to make it and ship it.

Thank you very much! I'm sure I will enjoy it and hopefully the kiddos will enjoy it too when they're a bit older. I'll keep an eye out for the second part

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

According to my correspondence, a package has shown up at his doorstep. He hasn't said anything except that it came from "Night Games." He sounded drunk and was at a party. Unfortunately, I have no idea what this gift may be, but the moment that I've made it to my correspondence's house is when I'll get pics posted.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I got this yesterday but then had image problems because I am dumb!

What's this?

A 13th Age book that I don't have yet and am psyched to read, and a set of mini paints! My jaw literally dropped, thank you Santa!

The best part for my catte is, of course, the box.

Seriously, this made my night, and now I can't wait to organize my work desk and start painting!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

CaptainRat posted:

I got this yesterday but then had image problems because I am dumb!

What's this?

A 13th Age book that I don't have yet and am psyched to read, and a set of mini paints! My jaw literally dropped, thank you Santa!

The best part for my catte is, of course, the box.

Seriously, this made my night, and now I can't wait to organize my work desk and start painting!

Glad you enjoyed your gifts, Merry Christmas!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Sorry I haven't followed up on my receiving of the package, but here it is to show that my Santa is not a grinch. I have already informed my Santa via secret communication tools found only in Asia (Line).

Looks fun. Hopefully to hold me over until our next DFC game (I do need to get my PHR painted...)

Thanks, Atlas Hugged!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CovfefeCatCafe posted:

Sorry I haven't followed up on my receiving of the package, but here it is to show that my Santa is not a grinch. I have already informed my Santa via secret communication tools found only in Asia (Line).

Looks fun. Hopefully to hold me over until our next DFC game (I do need to get my PHR painted...)

Thanks, Atlas Hugged!

I thought it was pretty funny that I wound up assigning you someone you knew... even though they're in a different country! I swear I was just trying to keep folks' shipping costs down.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

CovfefeCatCafe posted:

Thanks, Atlas Hugged!

You're welcome! You've got about two weeks to get your minis painted. ;)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Goddammit postie I was still in bed. What do you mean it's nearly 10am it's the WEEKEND.

Ooh, a package.

With bubble wrap. TWO layers.

Wow, goon santa has been super generous, thanks goon santa. It's two keyforge decks, Ryu (a game I've vaguely been aware of in the boardgame thread but not really paid attention to. Time for that to change!) and a spoopy skellington. And a note!

This is an unintelligibly terrible photo of said note, but it turns out, the skellington is now a USB stick with music on it. And it's not even viruses! I've not listened to any of the music yet, we'll see how that goes but the descriptions are interesting.

And finally, the close up of the deck names, Fabrizio of the Scrollchamber Chamber and (I was certain this would be flagged as inappropriate when I saw the name but apparently not) Copdrown, the Antagoniser Wrongdoer.

I'm stunned by the generosity, thanks goon santa.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A package arrived, and was quickly seized upon by officers Sinister and Dexter of the Feline Postal Inspectorate.

Something tells me it might be from my Santa. Can't think what...

While the kittens enjoyed their present of paper

I got two beautifully wrapped presents.

Because I have no patience, I tore into them, and found...

Wow! The two-player Agricola, and the Gundam Unicorn mechanic file. I am so goddamn happy, these are amazing gifts and getting them after a lovely week has brightened everything up. Thank you so much, Goon Santa!

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 8, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi everyone!

Just a reminder: you have TEN DAYS left to get presents delivered to your Trad Games Secret Santas! I have sent email reminders to everyone for whom I have no status like "ordered" or "shipped" or "delivered" or "received". Of course there's still time to get something sent, but 10 days is about the limit of what you can expect from normal ground delivery this close to christmas. If you delay further, you will wind up having to pay for a more expensive shipping option.

Meanwhile, things are going very well! We have about 31 received gifts/gift collections received already, which is a good number out of the total of about 55 expected! There's also about 12 gifts/gift collections that have been ordered, or are in transit now.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Holiday cheer was deployed this morning. I am told that it should make its way through the system in 2-3 days. Please look forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I have received my second gift, labelled Secret Santa 1. Pictures to follow.