Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Hi everyone!

Everything seems to be going well. I just wanted to mention we only have 2 goons signed up for LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2, which is one goon short of the triad needed to not just have it be a gift exchange, lol.

Not anymore it's not! Please let me throw my hat in the ring since I'm a dumb dummy that forgot about TGSS until too late the last several years.

Secret Santa, hearken I pray to my supplication

Gift Preferences:

First off, I hate anime and steampunk. So strong is my hate I had to list it before anything I love. Speaking of love, I love boardgames and wargames, but have no room in my place to really play or paint and store minis unfortunately.

So generally, I dig Star Wars, LOTR, Arthurian, and cyberpunk stuff (I have all the Takeshi Kovacs books). Horror-themed games are good, too. Cool indie RPGs are always awesome (e.g., I hear Red Markets is interesting). A nicely themed or decorated coffee mug is always appreciated.

Specifically, I would love to flesh out my The One Ring collection. Books I don't have are Oaths of the Riddermark, Bree, and Laughter of Dragons. Gumshoe's solo Cthulhu and Night's Black Ops look good. (I don't actually have Night's Black Ops yet, but I was leaning towards getting it anyway!) Bandai Star Wars models are always fun to put together.

If there's any fun two-person card games that don't take hours to finish, that would be cool, too. My wife and I have been looking for ways to game together in what can be limited mutual downtime.

I love actual books, by the way, but am completely fine with digital versions of anything.

General Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California, US

Solemn Vow: My giftee shall be gifted, let no one doubt this shall come to pass.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Package has been shipped! I think my recipient will get it very, very soon.

Leperflesh posted:

You're in!

Did you used to have a different username on SA? I don't see you in any of my sheets, since 2010, maybe you did it before then! If so, welcome back!

No, I never had a chance to do the TG Secret Santa until now. Well, I had the chance ever since I learned about it three or four years ago. I just literally zoned out and never remembered until way too late each time. At least I remembered in time for the lightning rounds this year!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

PST posted:

I got a package though as I had a delivery this morning of some dog treats, Mishka was sure it was for him:

There's a lovely note with it

And inside, it's Torg! Thanks hugely for this. I bought the original when it was first released and I was in university mumble years ago, so i'm looking forward to see how it's been updated.

Glad to bring cheer from across the pond! I never played Torg, but I remember ads for it when I was young *mumble years ago too* and wishing my gaming cohort was willing to try it.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Aw, Swags! I'm glad to see you here again. We don't have anyone else signed up for the current round, and the previous round only had 3 goons in it, so I'd be kind of shocked if we still get one. Anyone that wants to volunteer should speak up right away, though! Perhaps with a relaxing of the delivery rules for this final round, it'd be possible: something like, delivery by new year's day? I don't want the thread to drag out, but I hate to see anyone not get to participate.

What the heck, sign me up for this last lightning round! I understand the feeling of almost missing out.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Sure thing, please send a new sign-up email for ROUND 3 (I know it's redundant, but I can't use the same email for two separate threads... it's logistics), thanks!

Sent!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
My Santee's gift has been ordered, but I very much doubt it will be here quite in time to make a Christmas deadline. But hey, miracles can happen! And anyway, won't it be nice to have a second mini-Christmas a day or three after the first one?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
What a glorious couple of Gamesmas for me! For not one, not two, but three packages came this day and yesterday.

Rhyos's came first yesterday evening:

Many thanks, Rhyos! This looks like something my wife and I can enjoy even without drinks! Though the missed package UPS slip leads me to believe we'll be able to wet our whistle soon. Really looking forward to having a chance to play this.

And then Mystery Santa's Swag's packages arrived this morning:

The Bree supplement for The One Ring! I had been pining after this for a while. And the Backstory Guide looks pretty drat cool! I have no doubt I will be using the latter. And as for the former, I had been thinking to run a game on these forums again, and this looks like a clear sign.

Many thanks to both of you!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 18, 2018

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
The gifts keep on coming!

I am no king, but Rhyos certainly is for sending this tasty libation my way! My wife and I already have had a taste and we can see why this is one of your favorites. Getting the wax off the bottle was a bit of a task, but I have so many, many blades on hand, and anyway, it made the reward that much sweeter.

Swags posted:

I hope you like them! I've been looking into One Ring stuff for a long time because I only have the base set and Bree looked like a solid choice. The RPG backstory thing is something I've heard a lot of good poo poo about. Should be good for some nice character growth.

It was indeed a solid choice! Lots of good background and hooks on top of several fully-fleshed adventures. I am now decided on doing a new One Ring game with a Bree start (instead of my usual Lake-town). I've only jumped around in the RPG backstory book so far, but it's pretty fun reading and has some cool ideas.

Leperflesh posted:

Alright everyone, we're coming down to the deadline now, and most of the TG Secret Santa gifts have already been received!

Here's a rundown of what my notes say about gift status. Please look for your Santee - the person assigned to you for you to get a gift - and verify the status, or let me know if I've got something wrong.

I've received everything, I believe. My Santee's gift arrived today, but unfortunately I am dealing with car troubles, so it will go out sometime tomorrow. It's all boxed and addressed and all, though, so literally I just need to pop into the post office.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
And the last package is en route to arrive this Friday.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

ibntumart possibly has received his bonus round 3 gift. I need clarity on that one.

I indeed have been thoroughly gifted for Lightning Round 3.

Leperflesh posted:

I know some folks are likely to check out of the thread over the winter break, so I'll just mention this now: if you would like to receive an email reminder when I put up next year's secret santa thread, just ask and I'll add you to the Official TG Secret Santa Mailing List, which I only use once per year for this specific purpose and no other.

Please add me to that list if I'm not on it yet! I'm glad I made it in time for bonus rounds, but next year I plan to be in on the ground level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

That Old Tree posted:

It looks like the wrong URL for embedding. It should start "i.imgur" and I don't know what "/a/" is for but it doesn't show up in regular BBCode share links provided by imgur.

The /a/ means you're linking to an album instead of the picture, so BBcode probably doesn't know what to do with it. You can just remove the /a/ part and you'll have a good URL to feed in.