Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
It's my most favorite time of yeeeeeeeeeear!!!

Sign me the hell up for "receiving a weird box of nonsense from a stranger on the Internet" please

Gift Preferences: I already own a lot of RPGs and Board Games, (Here's a pastbin of my stuff I also live with goon housemates, and in years past goon Krysmphoenix has been perfectly willing to receive PMs and low key see if I'd be interested in something or double check my collection.

As for stuff I actually want, I do love me some RPG rulebooks that I may or may not actually be able to run a game of. I also am a big fan of medium weight board games. Some specific ideas of things I've had my eye on include The Duke, Tzolk'in, the new Star Trek RPG, Argent, Millennium Blades

Outside of specifically trad games stuff, I'm also a huge Star Wars and tokusatsu fan; one year my secret Santa gift from this thread was a box of random toku toys and I loved them.

Please definitely don't get me: any FFG Star Wars RPG stuff (I own all the books and don't particularly care about all the spec decks), nothing from any designers known to be lovely people (Zak S comes to mind...)

Solemn Vow: you'll get a gift from me, come hell or high water. I won't ruin anyone's holiday

jivjov fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://youtu.be/TMVzkYHBCcc

Cheer deployed!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Woah! Two small games which look interesting, a veiled stab at the freshness of my car, a very nice card, a pin I have no idea of what but looks like it's related to Texas, and IMPERIAL ASSAULT goddamn. It's sleeved and has a broken token organizer already as well! I'm really excited to get this on our table, thanks JivJov! All of this was really awesome and I'm looking forward to cackling as I laser blast Rebel Scum!

Huzzah! Glad you got the box. I was rather worried it had gotten lost in parcel limbo or something!

The pin is the logo of my favorite esports team, the Houston Outlaws. Had a handful laying around so I chucked one in the box for fun.

I sincerely do hope you get more enjoyment out of Imperial Assault than I was able to. I'm a huge star wars fan, but assembling a regular group willing to play it was just not happening. I don't remember if I listed them on the card or not, but included in there are a handful of the figure expansion packs (Han, IG-88, Royal Guards, and Alliance Smuggler).

EDIT: Also, you have literally the same spin bike my wife does. Y'all can be fitness pals.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 3, 2018

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SirFozzie posted:

Just a reminder for any santees here in the US. The post office is closed tomorrow because of the passing of Former President Bush.

Wait, seriously? I know the funeral is tomorrow; but they converted that into a freakin postal holiday too?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I got what I can only assume is a secret Santa parcel!

We have a new hire in the Office of Parcel Inspection. He's only 4 months old, but he does his best.

After clearing inspection, I opened it on up to reveal....

Huzzah! I've been eyeing this one for a while. I have a dearth of worker placements, and the whole gimmick with the gears seems right up my alley.

Thanks much, Santa!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

jivjov posted:

I got what I can only assume is a secret Santa parcel!

We have a new hire in the Office of Parcel Inspection. He's only 4 months old, but he does his best.

After clearing inspection, I opened it on up to reveal....

Huzzah! I've been eyeing this one for a while. I have a dearth of worker placements, and the whole gimmick with the gears seems right up my alley.

Thanks much, Santa!

My Santa is full of black magic and sorcery. I open my door and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but an unexpected Amazon parcel containing the expansion to Tzolk'in!

Didn't have the Office of Parcel Inspection on hand for this one, since I had just assumed that this was something I had ordered for myself and forgotten about.

Super extra double expanded thanks, Secret Santa!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

JackMann posted:

I'm not gonna lie. I love the whole deal of this, I love giving people stuff, and I love watching people being delighted by their gifts, but one of my favorite things in this thread are pictures of our various furry postal inspectors.

:yeah: