Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Let's do it! Let's have some fun!

Gift Preferences: As far as TG interests, I'm mainly into indie RPGs and non-CCG card games these days. I also have a small collection of board games, but don't do much in the way or minis or wargaming. A physical gift would be preferred (POD ok). In fact, if you're the crafty sort, feel free to go nuts making something!

I tend to favor games that satisfy a tactical itch. I've gotten into Warhammer Underworlds recently and Netrunner has been my jam for a while now, but I have everything I need on those fronts. Before that it was D&D 4E. PbtA's always pretty good as well, but I believe I have copies of most of the really stellar games from that lineage. A lighter board game that supports 5+ players that my weekly RPG group could play on non-campaign weeks would be appreciated, if you want to go that route. My BGGeek & RPGGeek lists should be up to date, if you want to check a gift idea against them or try to get a better feel for my tastes.

Please, no dice, Reaper Bones, Munchkin-likes, WotC products, or support for industry dirtbags.

General Location: Merry-land, USA

Solemn Vow: I swear, by Monte Cook and the stars in the sky, your gift will be there. For better (not worse), till mid-JAN do us part, I'll gift you with every bit of my smarts. I swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A parcel arrived in the mail today! I had ordered a few items off Amazon recently, but wasn't expecting any additional packages to show up just yet. However, the contents of the mystery package had a similar form factor to what I had ordered (combined with the fact that I was expecting to receive my TGSS gift at a different address), so I decided to take a peek to make sure I hadn't accidentally been sent a duplicate of something. And lo! What do I find inside?

The Post Master Inspectors General declined my photo request, but – if you look closely – you can see that they approved the package.
Why, it's a copy of Mutant: Year Zero! This must be from TGSS! :iia:

The only other thing included in the mailer was half of (what I believe to be) a packing slip, so I have no way to directly thank my Santa. But thank you Santa! This is a incredibly beautiful book! I only have a few games in the post-apocalyptic genre – and nothing from Modiphius in general – so I'm excited to dive in and check this one out. I might even have to run it sometime in one of the monthly indie RPG events at my FLGS!

Thank you once again, Mystery Santa!

I have ordered the main component of my Santee's gift. I am sending it here as usual to add in a few bonus gifts and throw some personal touches on everything. I'll post an update when I get it shipped (estimated by December 8th at the very latest).

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Holiday cheer was deployed this morning. I am told that it should make its way through the system in 2-3 days. Please look forward to it!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

SirFozzie posted:

So.. today was not a good day. Today was the grinch of days. And it was almost over, so when I woke up to take another pain pill at 9:20 PM, there was nothing that could make this day a good one.

I was wrong.

There was a package at my door. What could be inside?

Holy poo poo, TGSS, you made me a goddamned liar. Today was great. I'm going to use all of this stuff (whoever you are, you must have caught that I'm a L5R LCG player from my posting history, because the tokens were a great surprise!)

So in short, thank you. You redeemed a lovely painful day. And you really have a future as a professional gift wrapper ;)

I'm glad I was able to brighten your day!

There should have been a nerdy holiday card and attached letter included in the box somewhere. I hope it wasn't lost in the sea of wrapping paper. :ohdearsass: