Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Lydie has... apparently just strapped two active crystals of some type to her head? I guess in a highly alchemical world you can just bolt on whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw, I was all down for an exciting round of Ora et Labora, too.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder how big of a thing the paintings are going to be. I can see a whole spectrum from "largely optional Item World stuff" to "they're actually the plot and the whole world map is bucolic countryside".

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I did not know that board game was even a thing until you posted this!

It's worth a play if you have a local board game club or giant yet friendly nerd who owns a copy. It rewards careful spatial planning and high action efficiency, like some video games that come to mind.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

The world looks the same to me. Why, I'm not sure I even believe in mysterious! (Yes, I realize expecting an Atelier plot to cannon out the starting gate with a fire lit under it doesn't really fly, but all the same.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Must be kind of concerning for the castle to have alchemists loaded for winged radioactive bear coming in the front gate to jump into these paintings all the time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Maybe she could hire some guards with the giant pile of money she has from all her customers?

Just a thought.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
No one knows why it is that only alchemists ever seem to reassure humble, everyday barrels that they are, in fact, barrels. One must only assume that they have reason to suspect differently.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hmm. The mysterious paintings change. Like... by chapter, or is there some other alchemy (ha!) at work here?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, we're venturing into the prisons of various sealed evils. That makes sense. So it's actually better for these paintings to degrade so the demons don't get out? Or do they just pop back into existence immediately if someone slashes the canvas?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A reinforced umbrella... you can still truck that thing over to Hagel to get pounded on, can't you?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...it is a little weird that this world also seems to be experiencing an elemental apocalypse, come to think.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love that one of the running types of requests in this game is "humor your deadbeat dad and his crazy inventions". Eventually they're going to have to start paying off, right? Right?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't... entirely understand auto-refill. It'll top up anything you made with multiple uses? Or are there a limited number of items you can equip like that?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
If you're dealing with stuff powerful enough to remake the world, there really is no good in lying to yourself about what you can do.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Damnit, deadbeat dad DX. If we lose a nameless NPC because of something you didn't tell us I will be very cross.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So Mysterious Paintings are something of a forgotten art? Surely this Black Paint can't have anything to do with that!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That cute little yellow plushie is a fuckin' live grenade, I tell you what.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Isn't a church kind of a problem for the undead? Or is this not one of those consecrated ground-having faiths?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dammit, now's when you sneak into the basement while your dad's out! Where's your youthful curiosity? Where's your teenage rebellion?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Not that I don't appreciate the Puni mask, but I feel like it's really distracting from the actual dorkier faces Mathias could be making.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know how it happened, but somehow a hair-metal concert just became the next logical step in Hagel's life.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Seems like a nice light break from everything we've been doing so far. So why do I feel like poo poo's about to get extremely real?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I was going to joke about Roger actually just having found the invulnerable door and built the atelier around it, but dude probably could go mad with power and make a thing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Those are some interesting properties on that ash. I wonder what they do when it's a... potion? Bomb? Potion bomb? Pack of cards?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, dang.

...so why did it work at the beginning of the game, anyhow? Was that the last of its power?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What a touching scene! It makes you want to let go of all the regrets that were keeping you anchored to the world.

...poo poo, wait.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Hahaha, maybe. All of the meat Firis listens to is always saying it wants to be eaten!

T-That's not true! I'm just telling you what the materials are saying!

I AM FLESH. CONSUME ME AND GAIN MY POWER. NO SHUT UP YOU'RE WEIRD.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh great, now we're going to get dragged into the seedy underbelly of puppet theater and fight the Five Deadly Marionettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I'm surprised there wasn't some boss reaction when you repainted the world dyed black. Or was that the counterstrike after you used the star sprinkler?