Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i've won 3 or 4 but failed the immortal questline like 50 times.

Same! I never had a immortal ruler on who knows how much hundreds of hours I have on this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I would love for the Geheimnisnacht Warhammer fantasy mod to actually be completed and fully functional now that CKII has theoretically reached its final form.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

abrosheen posted:

I would love for the Geheimnisnacht Warhammer fantasy mod to actually be completed and fully functional now that CKII has theoretically reached its final form.

The human portraits in that mod are gorgeous.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Major Isoor posted:

Wait, wasn't the ruler designer a pre-order bonus, or am I misremembering that? It's been a fair few years now, so anything's possible.

Also, I can't preorder on the Paradox store, either. :( Are there any Aussies out there who have (recently) preordered on GMG, by any chance? I'd just go ahead and do it now, but I'm having my annual GMG account disappearance issues at the moment, so my support ticket will probably be open for another month, before it's finally resolved. (I mean, I could make a new account -and I will if I can preorder CK3- but I'd prefer to stay with the one account if possible, rather than making a burner for CK3)

Having an American buy it for you does work, I just tested this with TheLastRoboKy.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I know that the AI forming big blobs isn't that remarkable, but during a century of HRE play I saw a pre crusade kingdom of jerusalem go from this:

to this:

in 70 years. I loaded it up and looking at this amazing woman I can see why.

What event would have thrown up something like this? I'm now abandoning the HRE game to try Sultana Landina out instead.

Edit: Looks like it's something called Child of Destiny?

Edit 2:

First kill of a 40 year old man at aged 9. He was 0 martial though to be fair.

Trimson Grondag 3 fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 31, 2020

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Edit: Looks like it's something called Child of Destiny?

Yep! They get a bunch of bonuses and are quite rare. That's an impressive outcome of it for sure, though.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rynoto posted:

Yep! They get a bunch of bonuses and are quite rare. That's an impressive outcome of it for sure, though.

Yeah it also changes their AI to make them way more aggressive so they will usually go and conquer themselves a huge empire, or become an adventurer if they were unlanded.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
CK2 is sending me out in style. My 77 year old emperor of the Byzantines couldn’t stop popping our kids despite having great grandchildren running around in his court. His last child, born the year he died, turns out to be a demon child. She is like 25th in line. My dynasty is hosed lmao.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Is there a guide somewhere on how to best create a mod for another mod?
I don't want to make a copy of the entire thing every time it updates, I just want to change some details of the mod in question.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Man, elective succession is still stupid broken. Made the kingdom of Asturias which has 2 duchies I own so only I can vote and once I got to make a custom empire, only the kingdom of Asturias can vote so now everyone loves me for having elective (not to mention bloodline perks, Alexander bloodline is OP) and only I can vote. My last 4 rulers have been absolute beasts, all strong, all positive traits (thanks Benedictine order) and 30+ martial so any revolt is just stomped by my troops and retinues. For the first time in this game I feel like I have the perfect dynasty. I control Spain, France, Germany, northern Italy whilst my offshoot family rampages across the Brittania, Jerusalem and is the emperor of Byzantium, all with the blood of Alexander declaring conquests and calling me in to help. I'm in absolute awe of what I've unleashed.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Can someone please reiterate how not to gently caress up your kingdom when you die? I'm a germanic king of Norway (Fairhair) who has 100% loyalty from all his vassals and kids, and I'm still in my twenties, but every other time I've played him the entire realm fractured after his death. Like, do I make sure all the biggest jarldoms go to one kid or what?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Tias posted:

Can someone please reiterate how not to gently caress up your kingdom when you die? I'm a germanic king of Norway (Fairhair) who has 100% loyalty from all his vassals and kids, and I'm still in my twenties, but every other time I've played him the entire realm fractured after his death. Like, do I make sure all the biggest jarldoms go to one kid or what?

There are different inheritance laws. The one you're probably familiar with is primogeniture, where the oldest child inherits all. That's the one the British monarchy uses for example (leaving aside the gender issues). Unfortunately for you, pagan tribals (and a lot of other rulers in CK2) follow gavelkind inheritance. In which the inheritance is divided between the kids. Like modern private inheritance, where the children all get a share of the parent's house.

Which means in practice, if you're the king of Norway, one child will inherit your kingdom and primary duchy (jarldom), i.e. the duchy that contains your capital, and your other children inherit additional jarldoms that you have. Say you have 3 kids and 4 jarldoms, the primary heir will get the kingdom and a jarldom, the second in line of succession gets two jarldoms, and the third one jarldom. You can't really cheat the system, because gavelkind forbids you from giving out all your titles to your primary heir. It's even worse, you have elective gavelkind as a germanic tribal, so not only will vassals vote for which of your sons will succeed you, if you were to conquer Sweden for example, but don't create the kingdom title to keep the realm united after your death, the game will just create the kingdom of Sweden title to give out to the son second in line of succession.

Your inheritance getting split up is near unavoidable as unreformed pagan. Limit your number of sons, don't get concubines except if your wife doesn't birth sons, marry an old woman if your first wife dies and you have enough sons. Remember that losing titles is not the end of the world. If you have just one kingdom, your brother will be vassal jarls. That's not as good as holding the jarldoms yourself, but better than them becoming independent rulers. You should always be conquering anyway, so the loss of titles is not that bad. If your realms splits up after your char's deaths, remember that germanic pagans can duel each other for inheritance. It doesn't really matter weather your char survives the duel, if not you will simply play as his brother next. Aim to create an empire so you lands don't split up after death, and then either look to convert to an organized religion, or conquer the holy sites of your faith to reform your religion. Organized/reformed religions can adopt primogeniture, which will solve this problem.

Managing inheritances is a hugely important part of CK2, not just in how to avoid bad successions, but also scheming to put your wife in line of succession to a foreign kingdom so that your son can inherit both your titles, and those of your wife, etc.

Setbacks are also much less debilitating that in other games. You can be a big king in Russia, then the Mongols come and smash your realm to pieces, you can still recover and work yourself up to have your great grandson become Emperor of Russia. Or Emperor of Spain, if you can finagle it. Remember, you're playing characters and a dynasty, not a nation. The dukes of Hanover in Germany later also became kings of the Kingdom of Great Britain through inheritance, and they mostly abandoned their German holdings after that. Something similar can be done in CK2 as well, the gameplay is pretty unique in that regard. It's a dense game, don't be afraid to lose and get a game over, we all suffered from this before really learning the ins and outs of the game.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

wrong thread

binge crotching fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 15, 2021

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I just started playing the game after wanting to try it out for years. I was a big fan of Medieval Total War back in the day and was a big fan of the diplomacy side of its campaign mode, even if it was bare-bones and frequently arbitrary, so this seemed like a good game for me.

After a few teething problems, I'm starting to really enjoy it now! I don't have any DLC yet, although people have told me that some of them are must-haves if I want to take things further. I've been reading through some of the tutorial LPs and other links, but if it's not frowned upon would it be okay to ask some questions about the base game here? Just to clear some minor things up without me searching for them again, because I have the lazy trait I gues.

Just as an aside though, is it me or is the tutorial kind of bad? It throws all sorts of things at you with little explanation and says that you can basically play as you want, but it also has a bunch of scripted events to fit its prompts, and these aren't necessarily easy to remember. I'm still confused by how you transport troops via ships. I'm glad I just decided to learn the game via playing it normally.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I just started playing the game after wanting to try it out for years. I was a big fan of Medieval Total War back in the day and was a big fan of the diplomacy side of its campaign mode, even if it was bare-bones and frequently arbitrary, so this seemed like a good game for me.

After a few teething problems, I'm starting to really enjoy it now! I don't have any DLC yet, although people have told me that some of them are must-haves if I want to take things further. I've been reading through some of the tutorial LPs and other links, but if it's not frowned upon would it be okay to ask some questions about the base game here? Just to clear some minor things up without me searching for them again, because I have the lazy trait I gues.

Just as an aside though, is it me or is the tutorial kind of bad? It throws all sorts of things at you with little explanation and says that you can basically play as you want, but it also has a bunch of scripted events to fit its prompts, and these aren't necessarily easy to remember. I'm still confused by how you transport troops via ships. I'm glad I just decided to learn the game via playing it normally.

CK2 has a pretty high learning curve and the tutorial really only scratches the surface. I think the only way to really get a handle on it is to just keep playing. Once you start seeing how the laws interact and get a feel for whether you can win a war looking things up will become more useful.

Troops can board a fleet of ships as long as there's capacity for them. If the ship is docked in a county with a port the troops can freely board and disembark. If the ship is in a sea tile the troops have to spend a couple days swimming out to them. To disembark you can either dock the ship in a county's port, but only if you control it (either by right or by conquest, like during a war), or have the troops swim to shore from the sea tile. Note that recently disembarked troops start at 50% morale for gameplay balance reasons.

I don't remember the exact commands but there's some useful selection things you can do to only grab ships with a drag-select, I think by holding alt? Makes it easier to move a lot of small fleets together.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

180 hours of normal play until it clicked and I could be an active player rather than reacting to the world, but I’m also a huge dumbass when it comes to this kind of game. Every hour was worth it, though. CK3 is a lot more accessible, btw, so if you can scrounge up the money for it I’d recommend jumping to 3.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's a good game, but I'm not sure if it's a good chill drinking game. I conquered an area and had the 100% mark at the bottom so I thought if I offered peace that would be the end of it, as it had been after a previous war I did, but instead it made my (different religion) enemy into my vassal who understandably hates me and I can't just tell him to gently caress off without a major penalty? Confused, in life and game.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's a good game, but I'm not sure if it's a good chill drinking game. I conquered an area and had the 100% mark at the bottom so I thought if I offered peace that would be the end of it, as it had been after a previous war I did, but instead it made my (different religion) enemy into my vassal who understandably hates me and I can't just tell him to gently caress off without a major penalty? Confused, in life and game.

Yeah, the war system is certainly one of the more complex parts of CK2. It greatly depends on which casus belli (CB) you use to wage war. For example, say you're the king of France, and the count of Paris is somehow not your vassal. You are the rightful (de jure) liege of that count, so you can press a de jure claim on Paris against that person. When you win, the count must acknowledge the reality of you being their rightful liege, and becomes a vassal. It would be different if you were the count of Orleans, and had a personal claim on the county of Paris. Perhaps your mother was the daughter of a previous count of Paris, and you inherited her claim. If you press a personal claim, you press your right to own the very county, not your right to be the count's liege, and so you get the county while the previous holder loses it.

But pressing personal or de jure claim CBs will only get you so far, unless you're really good at playing the marriage game to get claims, which is where other CBs come in. One of the most used CBs is the holy war CB, which lets you simply take a duchy from a religious enemy. Vassals of a different religion lose their holdings, while vassals of your religion become your vassals (if you for example reconquer Spanish territory from the Muslims while they still have some Christian vassals, this can come into play). That you conquered a religious enemy without displacing him means you didn't use the holy war CB. Which cause for war did you use?

Also, there are realm laws that allow you to revoke titles from different faith vassals for free. And keep in mind that for the purpose of the game, Catholic and Orthodox rulers are considered to be simply Christians, meaning you can't use holy war against Catholics as an Orthodox ruler for example, and neither can you ever revoke their titles for free, even if you have the law that allows such a thing to be done to non-Christians.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 16, 2021

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
That clears a lot up, thank you all for the posts. :)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Note that Holy War is a really dangerous CB to use because anyone of the religion you're targeting is allowed to enter it against you. Having attacked Emir Droolface of Fuckoffistan and his piddly 2,500 troops, you can suddenly find yourself up against the Abbasid caliph and 40,000 of his closest friends. We used to call it the Muslim Clowncar.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

if you have vassals that hate you like that, even if you don't have realm laws that just allow you to revoke the title due to religious grounds, you can just put your spymaster on scheme to uncover plots. i will give you three to one odds on a one million dollar bet that any vassal with less than -50 attitude toward you will be doing something naughty within 5 years, and if you uncover the plot you can use that as a reason to neutralize them in various ways.

in other words: don't worry too much about having a bad vassal or two. you definitely have an entire arsenal of tools to brutally enforce your will. bad vassals only become an issue when there's a fair number of them, or the one bad vassal is stupendously strong.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Anyone still playing this oldie? How the hell can I figure out what is causing my game to CTD at certain dates? First time the date was 12 July 952, tried to reload different times and always crashed at that date. Reloaded back 10 years, now the date is 11 June 951. Possibly an event that fires around that time?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My megacampaign group has restarted. We're using the mod After the End in order to provide a non-eurocentric change of pace and hopefully shake up diplo. We're crucially short on players though so if anyone finds my aars entertaining enough to consider joining please send me a PM and I'll get you sorted! Or shorted if you prefer playing dwarfs.

For those unfamiliar, After the End is a mod that takes place 700 years in the future, but after a apocolyptic nuclear war is believed to have devasted the entire world leaving much of it uninhabited. With the exceptions of Japan, the United Kingdom and I think Brazil? As being the ones that were mostly intact or recovered more quickly; but they aren't important right now.

Personally I am choosing to RP this scenario as being a fantasy alternate world history taking place in Fantasy North America, but anywho.

Here's the world map for North America (South and Central America I'm not including as they're not within the playable area, a special house rule where players aren't allowed to expand past a certain geographical point):

The future liberals want!

Here is an approximate map of the current roster, I am missing I think 1 or 2. As you can see much of the fly-over states are unpopulated in both people and players, as is typical. Checkmarked is my approximate location, in the best place, the land of Sea Trash. And I am its King.

Everyone lives as is expected in the only places worth living in any timeline or worldline...

To briefly summarize:
Me: Seattle/Cascadia.

Everyone else (West Coast aka the Best Coast):
Vancouver Island (A Merchant Republic)
San Fran.
Channel Islands which I wasn't aware existed as also some kind of Pirate Republic.

Everyone Else East Coast The Least-Most:
Boston (Squid Huggers)
New York (Batman)
South Carolina.
Georgia.
Florida (Someone Who Did Not Show Up)

Everyone Else Who Lives Huddled Together in the Ruins of a Former Great Civilization:
Detroit, oh wait

(They're rp'ing as basically the Mars Tech Priests people)

There's supposed to be a couple more but they didn't show up the first week.

Here is my realm, the duchy of Puget.

Cascadia seems to be comprised of worshippers of the Gaian religion, I'm not exactly sure of the ATE lore, I am assuming they're basically like celts.

What's fairly convenient is they're Enatics, as I typically attempt to play Matriarchy's in CK2 whenever I can.

I didn't save a screenshot of my character as I made them but this should give an idea:

I made a min-max munchkin character after confirming with the GM there's no rules on the character creator other than don't pick any genetic traits, except for left-handed. Since early CK2 your levies are highly correlated to your martial stat I aimed to max martial.

After spending an excruciating amount of time waiting for my levies to regenerate I invaded my Olympian neighbour.

I successfully invaded them, but I got raided by local tribals which nearly foiled my war but I fended them off and took over my neighbour.

However those tribals launched an invasion, attempting to take Puget from my (ironic). However my 30 martial Duchess cut the cur in half in single combat which ended the war. Which was extremely fortunate for me as I was exhausted dealing with the earlier raid and the previous war and didn't have the troops even with the Holy warrior mercs to defeat them in pitched battle.

Once my levies recovered again I resumed my conquest southwards.

Over in Vancouver, the player there died like three times and game over'd at least twice. Merchant Republic's are apparently dangerous for your health. The player in Georgia died a similar number of times and so did too I think the San Francisco player. I was one of the few players to have no issues despite my glass cannon build that begged for the universe to crack back at me.

Our GM playing the pirate republics with the eye patch to prove it is busy reaving and plundering Socal.

And nothing of value was lost

The East Coast as it stands at around that time during the session:

Ia ia, ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

At the end the session I managed to create the Kingdom of Cascadia.

The Sapphire of the West

I had to very quickly eject some baronies and counties that had negative relations to switch from Gavelkind to Primo before forming the Kingdom.

Not North America at the end of the session.

The future refused to change...

We have a house rule that no one can go above 30 counties in size as part of an effort to prevent blobbing and to try to preserve AI's for Europa IV (as this is a conversion game). So I have a limit as to how big I can get. My priority is to expand south along the coast and acquire coastal territory for EU and to keep the mountains as a defencive line.

Lincoln to my East is my largest AI threat as they are a tribal realm with something like 20,000 troops in allied vassal tribal troops. I actually have an alliance with one of the larger vassals of West Snake but this wasn't particularly deliberate, and I am uncertain of its strategic value at this time.

The merchant republic player above me finally seems to have stabilized their situation, I stabbed that player in the back last campaign so I am concerned they might hold a grudge, it isn't viable for me to preemptively strike at them but I suppose there is a way if we're willing to cooperate for me to benefit from their wealth but I'm unsure of the exact mechanics, although I think I need to take back from them the trade route trade port thingy.

My next project will be to take the purple country south of me. I had taken Portlandia before this screenshot that brought my borders further south, they were a bit trouble because they had about equal numbers to me until I noticed they had raised mercs to fight as part of a coalition in a war across the country. So I waited for them to run out of money and disband their mercs and then I declared war which I think was actually fairly a non-event.

There was a county, I think it was Clark? Which was in actuality a holy warrior place or something because they raised a boatload of troops that weren't mercs and that was touch and go but I managed to burn them out.

There was also a vestige of the Duchy of Olympia north of me that I made sure to snipe before Lincoln took it.

I now have a soft max of 5,000 levies and a pretty dominant position in the Northwest.

I have claims on the Duchy of Williemette which is my immediate goal next week, and then I will vassalize what remains.

In the intermediate my goals will be to keep going south to take Jefferson, establishing a strong foothold in Northern California, and ideally take Francesco and the Valley as tributary buffer states to keep the GM at arms length from me. We had friendly enough relations last campaign but I don't trust them and if I don't manage to gain a dominant position over them now then I never will.

Map to put my words into context.

We will fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here!

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
Of my 350 hours in CK2, about 250 of it is in After the End. It's so excellent; I can't wait for what they do in CK3.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I heard the Crisis of the Confederation mod had been resurrected the other day and went to check it out. It was fun (there are a lot of localisation bugs in the current version) for a bit, but after I while I started to find myself having problems with just basic poo poo like reading the map. I was constantly forgetting what provinces were in my demesne, not a problem I remembered having with CK2.

So I hopped over to ATE:FF to see if it was just me being out of practice or if it was the mod. Yep! It's the mod. And this reintroduced me to just how solidly built and fun ATE is. Just an extremely well-crafted mod all round.

I'm also doing a Gaian run, getting to the point I always get to in a CK2 game, where I regret leaving coalitions on. Threat takes so long to decay. It's obnoxious!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

if i am not at 100 threat i generally feel like i'm not trying hard enough.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

bgreman posted:

Of my 350 hours in CK2, about 250 of it is in After the End. It's so excellent; I can't wait for what they do in CK3.

I kind of was a little weirded out when I see that because of CK3's engine, they're going to have the map be... sideways. So northern will be to the left of the map, southern on the right.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Sky Shadowing posted:

I kind of was a little weirded out when I see that because of CK3's engine, they're going to have the map be... sideways. So northern will be to the left of the map, southern on the right.

...wha? Why?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Fuligin posted:

...wha? Why?

My guess is the CK3 map is 8192 by 4096 (so wider than it is tall) and a Up-Down map won't look as good or be able to make use as much of the screen space as they would like?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Because they want the entirety of the Americas, both north and south, and CK3's map is wider than it is tall.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Coolguye posted:

if i am not at 100 threat i generally feel like i'm not trying hard enough.

It's hardly even a matter of trying, once you're large enough. Get out of bed in the morning and you'll be at max threat.

But coalitions are so tedious...

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Raenir Salazar posted:

My guess is the CK3 map is 8192 by 4096 (so wider than it is tall) and a Up-Down map won't look as good or be able to make use as much of the screen space as they would like?

fair enough, but man alive when you're playing a literal map game it kind of sucks to have it perpetually on its side*

*yes i know it's arbitrary

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Fuligin posted:

fair enough, but man alive when you're playing a literal map game it kind of sucks to have it perpetually on its side*

*yes i know it's arbitrary

You mean like this?

e: replaced with version without the bad word.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 12, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

So obviously that 'commentary' is just ironic but I'm annoyed at the ironic fake complaint that coastlines shouldn't look like that.

Every fantasy map should have fjords, they're loving amazing.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Hellioning posted:

So obviously that 'commentary' is just ironic but I'm annoyed at the ironic fake complaint that coastlines shouldn't look like that.

Where else to hide your magic doomsday superweapon!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Hellioning posted:

Pining for the fjords, are we?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Hellioning posted:

I think it's just a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Vichan posted:

I think it's just a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Huh. Somehow did not remember that reference.

Well I feel silly now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kind of wish I could have gotten in on this. I've had a lot of fun with this mod.