Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

This is super cool, thanks a lot for linking it. I've only read the beginning so far. The Warrior Lodges are amazing, you get a lot of custom decisions with them. And there are also unique powers for each faith, it's fantastic. Read this!

Edit1: The chances of your character being beatified and later sanctified are unsurprisingly tied to the number of vices they had (has to die with zero vices) and the number of virtues they had (the more the better). This is a boost to monastic orders, since they unlock events that make it more likely to lose vices and gain virtues.

Edit2: There are 15 historical bloodlines at the Charlemagne start, including Charles Martel, Sasan Sassanid and Maharaja Gopala. Later starts have more such bloodlines, like the descendants of Genghis Khan, William Wallace and Saladin.

Edit3: There's a detailed list of the reformation doctrines. Thing that most sticks out is that if you choose "peaceful" as your faith' nature, AI rulers will not convert provinces unless they are zealous.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

look at that little bad rear end muthafucka

just look at him!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

jfood posted:

look at that little bad rear end muthafucka

just look at him!

"I always believed in him!" :D

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
How do you actually install the DLC? I bought HF this morning and tried to install it before work, but I had no luck.

HF shows up on the DLC list in the Steam app saying "Not Installed," but when I fire up the game HF doesn't show up on the DLC list in the launcher. I tried checking and unchecking the box on Steam a few times before I had to give up.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Disillusionist posted:

How do you actually install the DLC? I bought HF this morning and tried to install it before work, but I had no luck.

HF shows up on the DLC list in the Steam app saying "Not Installed," but when I fire up the game HF doesn't show up on the DLC list in the launcher. I tried checking and unchecking the box on Steam a few times before I had to give up.

The DLC is hasn't been released yet. Wait another three hours from the time of this post.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I think you have to delete and reinstall the whole game, at least that's what I've always done to get new DLC.

It will work, but there must be a better way...

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

pidan posted:

I think you have to delete and reinstall the whole game, at least that's what I've always done to get new DLC.

I've never had to do this. At most I've had to restart steam sometimes if I've been using it at the exact time it unlocked. Usually it'll just start updating as soon as the DLC is added.

mobius42
Dec 19, 2006

Chalks posted:

I've never had to do this. At most I've had to restart steam sometimes if I've been using it at the exact time it unlocked. Usually it'll just start updating as soon as the DLC is added.

Yes, just restart steam. It always happens for me with Paradox DLC for some reason.

Blackluck
Jun 26, 2012

pidan posted:

Restarting Steam hasn't work for me recently for CK2, but un-checking the DLC then re-checking starts installing it.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I genuinely can't decide what to play tonight. Byzantium Eastern Roman Empire maybe, what with their new government and succession dynamics? Another swing at creating Scandinavia as a viking? A Catholic duke just to see how poo poo works now? Completely random world?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Sulphagnist posted:

I genuinely can't decide what to play tonight. Byzantium Eastern Roman Empire maybe, what with their new government and succession dynamics? Another swing at creating Scandinavia as a viking? A Catholic duke just to see how poo poo works now? Completely random world?

My choice was between a Byzantium run and an Africa one and I'm leaning towards Africa now

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
It's weird that exposing children isn't part of CK2 considering that it's one of the biggest issues Christians had with Pagans

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
1) African run
2) Byzantine run aiming to restore Hellenism
3) Warcraft mods will probably out by now so give those a gander
4) Immortal Dragon King of Europe

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

1stGear posted:

1) African run
2) Byzantine run aiming to restore Hellenism
3) Warcraft mods will probably out by now so give those a gander
4) Immortal Dragon King of Europe

Warcraft mods?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Amazonian Germans.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

something less tied to my actual interests and fun gameplay for the sake of the wackiest bullshit i can pull off

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Palemdromes posted:

Warcraft mods?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-kings-of-azeroth

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

As for Holy Fury I just pre ordered and I’m going to make my first game Norse ducks.

Torn between viking ducks and simon pure catholic crusader ducks.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

There's also Tides of Warcraft. Funnily enough, both are planning on initial releases in December, after checking for Holy Fury compatibility.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

OneTruePecos posted:

Torn between viking ducks and simon pure catholic crusader ducks.

How are the animal kingdoms going to work marriage/education-wise, I wonder? Like, can I make a duck who thinks he's a bear?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

How are the animal kingdoms going to work marriage/education-wise, I wonder? Like, can I make a duck who thinks he's a bear?

Assuming there isn't any kind of marriage prevention code in the new common/cultures/99_animals.txt (there isn't in the current version), you can make any combination you want.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I wonder if they've added any variations to the insanity choices so that it's not just being able to appoint a horse, maybe you can marry a duck too.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

binge crotching posted:

Assuming there isn't any kind of marriage prevention code in the new common/cultures/99_animals.txt (there isn't in the current version), you can make any combination you want.

Best. Expansion. Ever.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

muslim elephants, an olyphate if you will.

ducks are a low and weak species.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Hedgehogs are the best!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

And it's out

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Is it? Steam updated CK2, but it won't install the DLC, and the store page for it still says it'll unlock in less than an hour. At least for me.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Can't play it until tomorrow :cry:

Have fun, folks!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

Is it? Steam updated CK2, but it won't install the DLC, and the store page for it still says it'll unlock in less than an hour. At least for me.

I haven't tried playing (since I'm at work), but the title screen comes up with 3.0.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Honky Furry isn't out yet, the patch is though.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

jfood posted:

ducks are a low and weak species.

Do you want a duck crusade? Because this is how you get a duck crusade.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I think I'm gonna go for the lord of the flies achievement for a first game.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

patch not dlc

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
By Allah and the Ancestor spirits, why do I have to be here for another 2 days???

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Per the stream, the DLC goes live in six minutes

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Life is like a hurricane
Here in Dückberg
Crusades, jihads, reformations
It's a Dück-blur
Join Bacchus' Mystery
And rewrite history

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

OneTruePecos posted:

Do you want a duck crusade? Because this is how you get a duck crusade.

yet more infidels to be stamped out by Babar and the Berbers on jihad.

inshallah.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
now its here

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

It's out! And Basques still use the old lovely faces!! Aaaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I just want to make an empire of pamplona is that too much to ask!!!