Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Tercio posted:

Arumba is actually the worst case of this. Arumba, like most youtubers, misses poo poo because he doesn't bother to actually ingest anything he reads. Arumba however has the added benefit of thinking he's smarter than the base design anyway, so if he doesn't understand something it's because the stupid designers surely hosed it up and he would do it better given the chance.

Then, if he does really figure it out, he never learns his lesson and the pattern endlessly repeats.

I used to watch Arumba's LPs when Factorio was just released and he was being amusingly incompetent at it, but for the last year or two he's just sounding like he increasingly hates his job and can't find a way out. I can't imagine "plays groggy games for the internet" having that many transferable skills, especially when you refuse to do any video editing.

E: I think he is genuinely good at paradoxing, for all his constant kvetching and misreads. He just sounds like he's miserable whenever he plays yet another campaign, all the while being 100% financially dependent on constantly playing yet another campaign.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Bakanogami posted:

Are there any other good CK2 LPers? I don't mind Arumba personally but he's usually a bit more focused towards EU4.

Quill is pretty good for the most part, although not particularly focused on CK2 either. He's doing a Holy Fury playthrough now which is his first in a while. Half his videos are from Twitch streams nowadays which I personally find a bit annoying, but he's personable, enthusiastic, generally competent and not that prone to blaming his tools.

There's definitely an audience full of nerds who would love nothing more than to read your Crusader Kings fan-fiction with screenshots over in LP, if previous paradoxlike thread and mega-LPs are anything to go by. I think that video LPs are still nice to have on in the background for something as low intensity as paradoxlikes, I wouldn't try to follow them intensely. I generally just run them at 2x while doing something else -- like writing this post -- and look over when the person talking sounds particularly excited, says Glitterhoof, etc.