Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Torrannor posted:

I guess I have no choice...

Edit: I would still appreciate help with the mods section. I'm currently browsing the workshop, but a lot of them don't look significant enough to merit inclusion in the OP. I'll start with adding the usual suspects (Game of Thrones, CK2+) from the previous OP, let me know if I'm missing anything big.

It doesn't help that I still don't have a Paradox forum account.

Edit2: Is the Game of Thrones mod even on the workshop??

I just discovered the Elder Scrolls total conversion mod and it looks pretty good but I'm still gonna wait to cause some Honky Fury with an Africa run tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Sky Shadowing posted:

It will be about 10 AM Eastern US time, Paradox always has a launch stream and releases it roughly halfway during that stream, after getting their whole dev team in there to celebrate.

They have buttons they can press to release it any time they want.

tell them to press it now!!

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Sulphagnist posted:

I genuinely can't decide what to play tonight. Byzantium Eastern Roman Empire maybe, what with their new government and succession dynamics? Another swing at creating Scandinavia as a viking? A Catholic duke just to see how poo poo works now? Completely random world?

My choice was between a Byzantium run and an Africa one and I'm leaning towards Africa now

baw
Nov 5, 2008

First step in starting an Africa run: download African Portraits pack

e: oh jeez i never downloaded any portrait packs before but now i have them all hell yeah

baw fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 13, 2018

baw
Nov 5, 2008

So my sub-Saharan Africa game has turned into a pattern of young leader gets assassinated, new leader takes over and everyone hates her, gets assassinated within a few years, new leader takes over, everyone hates her, gets assassinated within a few years. Every new character starts with even lower approval than the previous one and every vassal has an automatic -20 opinion due to being a title claimant. Not a fan of this whole elective gavelkind eldership thing but everyone hates me so much that I can't change any laws. Amazingly I've still managed to conquer a decent amount of territory and hold on to it

baw
Nov 5, 2008

50 goddamn piety from reforming african paganism and then i died in battle and now i'm an inbred infant :smith:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

cool to compare this against ck2 trading posts

https://twitter.com/incunabula/status/1097049515025199104

baw
Nov 5, 2008

just watched a video about jesters and i hope ck3 has Realistic Jesters. apparently they were the only ones who were allowed to insult nobility and therefore kings often went to them when they needed an honest opinion about something :monocle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7F5ioUQLJc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

anything would be better than a throwaway title with no function except for a universal -5 opinion modifier (iirc)