Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Grizzwold posted:

If the summary for Sunset Invasion doesn't include a bit about losing your ability to feel human I will be very disappointed in you OP :colbert:

No Honky Fury has taken away my ability to feel human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Help, how does I anti-pope?

:confused:

e; I guess it took several years because I just claimed the title of the Papal States and now I can set up an anti-pope.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 16, 2018

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Sulphagnist posted:

For me the problem at least was that the specific de jure kingdom the prince-bishop was de jure vassal of didn't have free investiture. I had to flip my Kingdom of Lotharingen to it even though my Empire of Lotharingen already had it.

So yeah the Bishop of Cologne is now the Anti-Pope, I didn't have time to develop a monastic dynast and give them the job.

This explains why usurping the Kingdom of Romagna fixed it, as he was a Prince-Bishop in the de-jure Papal States / Romagna.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

binge crotching posted:

I didn't realize Ireland got more holdings now. I wonder if it's still possible to do the Dublin -> Crusade -> Jerusalem route just by showing up with some dudes and sieging land while the doomstack is elsewhere.

I attempted this, I was the first to sign up for the crusade and immediately sent my full 6-7k army. My sponsor got a dukedom, I got 10k gold, a mountain of prestige/piety and 4 crusader artifacts.

I only just about had chance to land troops in North Africa before the war ended, I don’t think I even finished a siege.

I decided not to switch from king -> emir and Jerusalem fell after a couple of jihads.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
So if the breakdown of how to become a saint on Reddit is true, it’s impossible to become a saint if you aren’t beatified and impossible to become beatified if you weren’t baptised by the pope.

So from what I can tell it’s a prerequisite to being the firstborn child of a king/emperor. Unless there’s another way to get baptised I don’t know about.

My awesome Queen ‘the Blessed’ with all the virtues, no negative traits, crowned by the pope, who started a Benevolent bloodline, who leads the Dominicans, has 5k+ piety and taken part in two successful crusades can’t become a saint because she wasn’t the firstborn child.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks guys, always like to double check these things instead of just going by what Reddit says.

e; what’s the age limit on baptising?

e2; turns out I just can’t read, it says ‘one of’ the conditions not ‘all of’

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 23, 2018

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
It's a featured interesting ruler to play, nothing special particularly (or wasn't last time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I kinda hope that traits like that only show up as the character ages.

I mean how are you able to tell which baby is gonna be a genius and which an imbecile? They’re both drooling little diaper shitters.

Sounds like in the new system it would be a secret trait then, have to take some tests to them to determine if they are worthy.