Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
What was the last expansion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

chaosapiant posted:

Good lord this game is dense to me. I'm just not getting the hang of it. I've tried doing the "tutorial island" thing with Ireland a few times while watching YouTube vids, but I end up just getting bored and moving on to another game. I can see there's an awesome game here if I can just get to it. I had one of those little information bubbles at the top say that I could press a claim, but when I clicked it, it took me to that characters screen and there were not options to press a claim. I did find claim/title options under my "realm" control panel however. I also am not sure how to tell at a glance what my armies are doing (in this case I'm playing as Stannis in the Got mod) and how to move them around if needed.

There is a lot less depth than it seems.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

super fart shooter posted:

How is the duchy of thrace "attached" to the emperor title like that? Is this imperial capital thing just hardcoded into the imperial government or something?

I believe it is hardcoded, which makes some sense. There was never really a single Imperial capital of the HRE, whereas the ERE as an extension of the Roman Empire, had Constantinople as its capital from the outset. By the time we reach the time period covered in the game, Constantinople had become an important symbol connecting the Byzantine Empire with its Roman past. You could almost say that, like the pope, the Byzantine emperors ruled the empire in virtue of the fact that the seat of their power was Constantinople. Almost.

Edit.

I suddenly had flashbacks to EU4 and the gymnastics it takes to get some of the states into the HRE.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 4, 2019

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Okay, I have played for years and this is the first time I encountered something this annoying.

I started a Venice Ironman. I was not the elected Dodge, and Venice of all places got an usurper stack. Venice has all cities (earliest start), and when the usurper took Venice proper it gamed over for me, despite the fact the usurper would have just become the dodge of the merchant republic, since there were no feudal holdings; and on top of that, when I was dodge I had built a city, making me a mayor of a holding regardless of who the dodge was.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Randaconda posted:

Breeding ubermenschs is an old CK tradition.

I got stong, genius, attractive one time :yaycloud:

I have done this many times over my 15k hours of CK2. Its the gold standard of the people breeding simulator aspect of the game.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Is there any sort of PG-13 patch? Would like to try and use CK2 as a teaching tool with a group of high-flying HS students now that it's F2P and we are doing distance education, but would like to sweep the seduction/sadistic violence stuff off the table.

Alternatively, if there is anyone who'd be willing to code one for me, give me an idea of how long it might take and what you'd be looking to charge.

As far as I know there isn’t; however, you might ask Paradox directly about this. I feel like they would be kind of excited about their game being used as a teaching tool.

I would also tell you EUIV is way more PG-13 and can be kind of educational as well, depending on what period you are teaching... but then again, EUIV does allow you to essentially simulate genocide.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Is the plan for CK3 to release a new 20$ DLC 4 times a year or is it going to be priced in a sane way?

Probably $20 DLC 4 times a year, because... well suckers like 2/3rds of this thread—myself included—will spend the money on 4 DLCs per year. :shepspends:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

megane posted:

HF was also their most successful DLC, I think (possibly after Old Gods?), and the previous expansion, Reaper's Due, was almost as large and also one of the most successful. So, it may be that they want to follow that model over putting out a chain of little DLCs.

I would be surprised if there wasn't an early DLC focusing on the Byzantine Empire. Even after ten years of reworks in CK2 it's still basically a standard feudal state with some weird succession rules, and I think they've said it barely has any special stuff at all in CK3 so far.

I am 100% positive this will be the first CK3 expansion.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Coolguye posted:

The idea of valuing fatness because it indicated wealth and leisure was starkly regional and overall a minority. Fatness was overall still not well regarded, either on practical/aesthetic grounds like today, or moralistic ones. Many devout Catholics saw fatness as an outward manifestation of immorality because you had to be a glutton and a laggard to be fat, clearly.

So, obesity I am buying, but just judging by the portrayal of the female body in late medieval and Renaissance art, the “ideal” female body type was starkly different than modern or contemporary views.

And this body type I am discussing here is pretty far from ‘athletic.’

Of course, you are probably absolutely correct about male bodies and conceptions of attractiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Major Isoor posted:

Wait, wasn't the ruler designer a pre-order bonus, or am I misremembering that? It's been a fair few years now, so anything's possible.

Also, I can't preorder on the Paradox store, either. :( Are there any Aussies out there who have (recently) preordered on GMG, by any chance? I'd just go ahead and do it now, but I'm having my annual GMG account disappearance issues at the moment, so my support ticket will probably be open for another month, before it's finally resolved. (I mean, I could make a new account -and I will if I can preorder CK3- but I'd prefer to stay with the one account if possible, rather than making a burner for CK3)

Yeah, you Aussies are always screwed with your pretty stupid laws regarding video games. You should really be using vpn and pretending your American or Canadian.