Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i too am joining the 'Move Reaper's Due to Good DLC' faction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

1stGear posted:

It's been a bit since I've been waiting for a CK2 DLC launch, do they turn on at midnight or at 12 pm Valve time?

i just looked on steam and it said it'll be released in '23 hours' of this post

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

TBH I find Quill annoying, but I freely admit I have a very low tolerance for "youtuber personality".

Or has he settled down in the last couple years?

he's still pretty much the same, for better or worse

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Radio Free Kobold posted:

the question with Holy Fury is what should I do first? pagan glory? crusading? pagan crusading?

i feel like i'm gonna be one of the few boring people who goes for a christian nation first to see the new crusade stuff and since i haven't played in awhile

but i might switch over to some animal kingdom nonsense if it ends up sounding like there's a good chunk of content there

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i hope with the 'absurd' game option that pet dog event chain we've all seen a billion times has a small chance of ending up that your dog can talk and becomes a full character

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

canepazzo posted:

This a new thing in Holy Fury? Playing as Tuscany in the 1066 start - the HRE decided to transfer me to be a vassal of the Pope :stare: So now I'm outside of the HRE and under the Papacy, my son and heir is Duke of Milan under HRE and heir to all my titles (finally was able to nominate him) - what happens when I die?

the pope can ask for some pretty big demands in exchange for a coronation, you might've been the gift so the newest emperor could look fully legit

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i hadn't actually played much with the societies before now, so within the hour of my first holy fury game my polish duke ended up lovers with the king of sweden because they spent so much time at a benedictine retreat together

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sydin posted:

Are there additional requirements for heir designation? I just reformed the African faith and chose Meritocracy, which supposedly gives me heir designation, but instead it just defaulted to Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind and my only option is to change it to Elective-Gavelkind. Can tribals not use heir designation?

yeah tribals are probably still locked to gavelkinda/elective-gavelkind

fortunately now that you've reformed your religion you can go feudal

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Just started an Animal Kingdom playthrough, and I'll admit I'm somewhat disappointed that being an animal in this mode doesn't seem to give any modifiers in and of itself. I'm a freakin' dragon goddamit, I shouldn't be fearing anything other than heavy cav :colbert:

tbh i'm waiting for some kind of animal kingdoms+ mod to play around with those, i'm sure someone out there's working on it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I just declared a holy war on a Buddhist Nomadic Horde.

They called both the Byzantines (Orthodox) and the Seljuks (Sunni) in as allies. And no, they weren't vassals of the Nomads either.

Also in general, why are Nomads so strong? I had a 10k stack go against a 5k nomad stack (same amount of HA) and the Nomads won.

did you have really high threat? at some point defensive pacts can cross religious lines

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Red_Fred posted:

Why would you have your ruler leading armies though? Even as a pagan it seems risky.

because your ruler might be a really good commander?

life's too short to keep your ruler in the back

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Complications posted:

depends on circumstances and what the succession situation is like

well yeah obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

So I randomly fired up the game for the first time since Holy Fury was released and see they added mini campaigns for CK3 beards. It was a lot of fun to do a mini campaign like that.

Any idea when the next one releases?

devs said it'll change to a new challenge bi-weekly (once per two weeks, not twice per week)