Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Disillusionist posted:

How do I deal with an empowered council?

As Karen I pledged fealty to Samanid, successfully pushed an ultimatum to increase council power, then later let revolt to Overthrow the Shah. For some reason, the council installed me as Shah.

Now, I want to get rid of this loving council and change my succession law away from Elective. I just don't see the path to doing it. They didn't approve on my request to change a council law.

Do I just need to bribe enough members to get favors or is there another way?

You can just replace half the council members with people who love you, have the Content trait, or who already owe you favors. Once you pack it full of loyalists, they'll pass whatever you want as long as you don't piss them off.

Of course, the vassals who got kicked off of the council will be pissed off, and will be much more likely to join factions or otherwise start poo poo. So managing the council is basically a question of how many pissed-off vassals you think you can handle at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Don't have time to start a game right now, but the random religions are really impressive - each has a written description, and even some of the heresies refer to aspects of their parent religion's description in some ways. Seems like even the random worlds have plenty of flavor.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sydin posted:

I have a reformed religion and I'm African Pope, but I can't GHW because "the age of pagan great holy wars has not begun." Is there a specific date they unlock, or can it be forced in some way?

Pagan GHWs unlock after either Crusades or Jihads unlock. According to the wiki, the earliest they can unlock is January 1, 900. Once that date passes, Crusades will unlock if non-Christians have expanded into core French, German, Byzantine, or Papal territory. Similarly, Jihads will unlock if non-Muslims have expanded into the core territory of major Muslim empires.