Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm gonna looooove sniping lapsed exclaves and panicking about trying to keep my empire contiguous.

Brother Entropy posted:

i feel like i'm gonna be one of the few boring people who goes for a christian nation first to see the new crusade stuff and since i haven't played in awhile

but i might switch over to some animal kingdom nonsense if it ends up sounding like there's a good chunk of content there

There's a lot of options for christianity though. In the northeast you can convert pagans and holy war against them with new event chains, while down southwest you can play with the reconquista events.

And in the middle there's the HRE to play with coronation mechanics and muck with the Pope, or you can just play in Italy with its new mountain ranges and de jure kingdoms.

big dyke energy posted:

Oh poo poo if you wanna see some violence pull up a seat buddy

This is 300 years of gameplay.

Eh, I'd rather that than live in a world with nothin but red and brown. He managed to kill every blue and purple power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Oh right, they made the Romagna de jure kingdom to make the pope desire control of central Italy, AND they gave the pope the ability to do things like demand territory...I hadn't considered what that would do when paired together. Makes a nice reason to fight for freedom against the HRE if you don't want to be manipulated by papal whims. I wonder how it is after you declare the empire of Italia and conquer Rome in opposition to the Pope (and maybe raze all those Roman bishoprics to the ground). Does the pope acknowledge de jure authority?

cheesetriangles posted:

Formed the Kingdom of Wales in my 769 start and needed to get crowned. I was a bit broke and had a local bishop do it and couldn't afford a fancy party because I had just spent literally all my money on buying the kingdom title. Now I have a permanent crowned in a barn opinion malus. Don't get crowned in a barn guys.

From the look of things, you could probably afford to go un-coronated for a while while you build up the cash to get a fancy party. I wonder if there's any downside to dying without your highest title being made official.

I never pick up DLCs on release because I'm cheap, but I had hoped that they'd do a sale on Jade Dragon. Guess I'll just have to do the patch without new CBs.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There seems to be a bi-theist spin to most of these random religion from that high god/evil god layout. A lot like Zorastrianism.

I like that you have an egg for a child portrait.

Pylons posted:

All the DLCs (except holy fury) are 50% off on the paradox store.

drat, it wasn't like that when last I checked. Now I get to waffle over whether I want to shell out for some extra background music or for portrait packs that my eyeballs can't differentiate as well.

Soho Joe posted:

So long Rome, I can't justify playing you for 200 more years but we had fun

time for pagans forever

I've never done it, but in theory what you're supposed to do once you get to the top of the world and keeping your empire intact is a massive hassle is just figure out a way to torpedo it all. Let imperial succession pass you by and retire to a nice little duchy to tend cabbages, or be as tyrannical as possible to get overthrown, even try engineering it so that you get a CK2 game over with no dynasty left, just like the real Roman emperors did.

makes sense if all the micromanagement is so hard no real person in-world could do it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I had my first game with the patch, and it's pretty neat. Had to prostrate myself in front of the pope to deal with an excommunication, and he told me to be celibate.

Of course this was before I had a proper heir, and my next ruler had been matrilineally married for the sake of an alliance, so there was a little :derp: for a while there. If I hadn't set up an ironman game I would've tried swapping characters dynasties to keep the game going. Better to ditch all the diSorrenti brothers anyway, but as I prepared for the game over, the Pope called me into a crusade to distract me.

Apparently if you don't try to take the crusade target for yourself directly, you can only nominate non-inheriting adults, and so I nominated a genius daughter. The deHautevilles won the crusade, but I still got the option to brain-hop into the daughter after she became a countess (although apparently crusaders use muslim titles now?) on a silk road trade post, so I got to go to a whole new game of seduction and trying to usurp the dukedom of Ascalon. Real great. I even had to choose to take it easy during pregnancy and whether to breastfeed new children. An oath of temperance to help through the pregnancy also led to becoming malnourished. So many features.

I even got to murder the non-dynasty heir that took over after my pre-crusade ruler committed suicide. I love these brain-hopping mechanics.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Man its interesting to flip back and forth between these two maps and see just how much changed/was added. New counties were inserted everywhere.

Holy Fury

Previous Map:

To be fair, that's the pre-Jade Empire map you're comparing it with, but it's still really impressive overall. Even on the places with the same number of provinces, the lines just look better drawn.

Somehow it feels like the game's running faster than it used to as well, it's crazy.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

One problem with the new crusade system. They do not loving end, ever. And if you joined, you cannot do anything that is forbidden while at war.

That was how the old crusade system worked too, although I suppose giving Christianity more of a fighting chance might extend things. Maybe they should've made some kind of system for giving up on the crusade and returning home in shame, like many real crusaders did.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Man. I wish it were possible to see the succession laws of a place before you start a new game up.

I made a random file hoping to play with the new imperial succession, and with the byzantine option clicked, but when I loaded up the empire, it was Primogeniture.

I think you can mouseover things to see the succession type (I think the coat of arms? I was sure it's written somewhere).

More specifically, the Byzantine succession type is tied to the new, unique Byzantine government type, so you should just need to click the government map view to find it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like there's too many game rules to deal with sometimes, like they need subcategories to keep them in line rather than scrolling through the whole list every time. And I wish I could keep sunset invasion off by default.

How long after a major DLC does it normally take for them to release balance patches to tweak all the outliers that they didn't forsee?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Diogines posted:

I never play nomads and never play in north Asia. I have Jade Dragon. Is there any real benefit at all to getting Horse Lords, since I have Jade Dragon and that also includes silk road mechanics?

If you don't plan to play any nomads (or play against any nomads, having them clean out the tribal holdings of the step periodically) I think the only features you're missing out on are adventurers and tributaries and some stuff about mercenaries I don't really understand.

I wonder if silk road on but nomads off will lead to some bizarrely rich states in the middle of the steppe.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

binge crotching posted:

I really wish there was a way to join random wars. I noticed there is a revolt going on to put the last Merovingian back on the throne, but I can't join it because I'm playing a Norse guy. Karloman only has 1k troops (he got absolutely destroyed when he tried attacking Hispania), so I've been raiding everything of his I can, but it's still taking forever for the revolt to progress. Last I checked it was around 30%, but they only have around 3k troops, so I'm worried that if Karloman gets enough money for some mercs that he'll win handily.

At least I've made an absolute poo poo ton of money+prestige from all of the raiding. Ragnar may only be 6 years old, but he's already the most prestigious Norseman alive.

There is the feature where you can just right click and offer to join a war, but I'm not sure if it's restricted by any options.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Does taking away Rome from the Pope finally make him take over some other bishopric instead of just existing in some nebulous unlanded nega-zone?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't have the DLC, but I thought I'd do a quick little game for one of the new vanilla features that nobody's talked about.

Of course, it'd be even better if I could make a really swank crown to commemorate the occasion, but it's still nice. It's also really nice that the papal claim system finally just works, so I didn't have to wait a long time trying to fabricate and claim province by province. I just asked him, "Hey, can you do me a solid and lemme have a claim to this duchy? Also here's some of that 2,800 gold I grabbed in the crusade." Went really fast, only took 28 years to get here from being just a subordinate count. Also now 7 out of 8 electors want me as the next Emperor, and the current emperor's starting to lose his marbles, so maybe it's time for a little...:ese:

Also, what exactly determines which lord an heir will go for if they're the son of two counts under two separate dukes?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Panderfringe posted:

Well I did a thing, everybody. I made some bad decisions, and well...

Don't ever say yes to revisiting old laws.

EDIT: yay I showed the thing

Seems pretty doable so long as the rebels don't try to join eachothers' battles.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Oh hey, the dev diaries continue, with talk about another upcoming patch.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-109-we-released-the-fury.1128954/

Stairmaster posted:

So did I mishear or is there supposed to be a way for you to burn temples of other religions if you're pagan?

While raiding, you can raid temples, which gives you a bonus to your moral authority and a penalty to theirs. You can burn Rome to destroy the churches. You can build "great tribal pillars" which boost your moral authority, but can be burned down by people who conquer the province but aren't your religion. Finally, if you are a horse nomad, you can destroy temples as well as cities, tribes, and baronies, because your government type benefits from empty holding slots.

These are all the permutations that could apply to your question.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Also remember you can always just do what you want and eat the tyranny penalty.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

There's no way for me to capture provinces without a claim? I can't just decide I want a somewhere, march by troops in and absorb it into my kingdom? Fabricate claims either takes forever or happens right away, or I can't use them because the place I have a claim on is not independent.

As a christian, no. Not in the base game. Holy wars you don't need a claim for, and there's a couple other CBs that don't need claims for like making a tributary, humiliation, and excommunication, and you can even get the Pope to sanction an invasion (which historically happened a lot in medieval Europe), but mostly you're forced to rely on claim schenanigans. If you do the find character function to find a good chancellor with high diplomacy who will come to your court, you can speed up the fabrication.

As you add DLCs, there's more options. Muslims get a casus beli for individual county conquests, and so do vikings. Tribals get subjugation and invasion. Republics get some kind of city conquest CB. Nomads get a whole host of options. Finally if you get Jade Empire, everybody gets CBs for border disputes and a couple other CBs and then you have a lot more latitude at that point.

I'm not sure how I feel about there being so much freedom, since I bought into the game as trying to carve out your own territory though some weird legal maneuvering. The After the End mod gives everybody access to all those extra non-christian CBs, which makes it way more hectic with everybody able to attack everybody else all the time.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Animal kingdoms are all well and good, but has anyone had a random world with the skeletons or the Stellaris robots yet?

My current game I've been stalling on becoming king because I want to be able to look back on the history tab and see when I was just a duke and not a full king, so I've just been burning through prestige upgrading my tribe. I got the option to declare an ambition, and I chose a new one I've never seen before: Improve moral authority - do three of the following, build a temple, win a holy war, convert a province, yadda yadda. Seems neat.

I thought I'd have an easy target for a holy war, half of Britain has been tied up in a viking invasion (from Brittany, oddly enough) for a while now, most of England is occupied, and the war has been sitting at 99% for the invader for a while now. I figured I'd see what was taking so long, and the invader is caught up in another war where some Sverker guy is 60% of the way through an invasion of Britanny. Probably something about having all his men tied up in England. Very annoying to me, because that means I don't have a holy war target.

I kinda wish I hadn't destroyed a couple churches on raids, but maybe they shouldn't be keeping all that money in churches in the first place. I've been leaving a couple fraticelli provinces around to with the idea of maybe converting later to have a vassal pope, but now I may have to clean up just to keep christianity alive.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My gay wife kept giving me daughters until I enforced her claim to become queen of Northumbria. Then she had a son and took all the kids with her so I couldn't use the daughters for alliances and dynasty spreading OR control my son's future marriage.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I like the principle of defensive pacts, but it's too abstract, doesn't really interact right with any of the game's other systems, and doesn't really match up right with anything historical.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I thought I was going to make a Merch Republic on my charlie Ireland game, but now I've got a nearly fully upgraded tribe, I've already snagged a castle in Wales, and I've been really enjoying the Jade Dragon CBs and Papal claiming, and I really don't relish having to build up a manor from scratch in poorsville Britain. They only way I've been able to get any money together is raiding, and there's none of that after giving up tribalism.

I've kinda dragged my heels on doing another republic game. My gut instinct is that it might not scale well, and I'm not really into retinues (never really understand most things about troop compositions).

TomViolence posted:

so i did finally murder my way through all of christendom and depose the excommunicated queen of jerusalem

then, thinking, well gently caress, i worked for this coronation, let's pull out all the stops and spend 600 gold on it, even if it does send me into debt for a while, it's all good

and then:

:negative:

What are you doing consorting with Popes as the Byzantine emperor? You could have a nice subservient patriarch for that.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Ah I figured it was like that. So get that councilor out there hustling.

How high do i have to get opinions of people to get marriages? I've had serious trouble marrying outside Ireland, even with nobles with pretty high opinions of me refuse to marry 3rd or 4th kids off to me.

You have to have more pluses than minuses, and it'll tell you on the marriage proposal screen if you hover over it. Opinion is only one factor. Often the AI will want a matrilineal marriage for its daughters or just have higher concerns for its sons. Often you have to settle for just getting a claim and pressing it later rather than inheriting directly.

One trick is finding unmarried heirs, invite them to your court, and then they HAVE to accept any marriage offers. It takes a lot of poking around to find them though.

What's really annoying is that it's incredibly hard to spread your dynasty beyond than your borders. I'm not sure I've ever installed a claimant on a foreign throne and had it stick. I think newly-installed claimants just get one county, and then the Idiots won't call me in to help against rebels despite the alliance I give them.

THE BAR posted:

Right, so every time one of my viceroys die, I have to manually give away 10-15-20 vassal dukes to the new one. What am I doing wrong, here, and is there any way to make it a bit faster? I also risk every time, that I accidentally give away my Fylkirate or Jomsviking vassal, because my brain goes numb after the first couple of vassals.

More king viceroys or just giving them as hereditary titles instead. You don't really get organizational tools to do much with the empire that isn't really fiddly.

I'd say that it was historical since it's why so many emperors ended up not managing their empires correctly and let them start to decay, but those emperors had the choice to just let the outer rim manage itself and the player really doesn't.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 26, 2018

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What really annoys me are the times that I'm trying to preserve little states around me against the other rising powers. I get an anti-aggression pact, and then I want to form an alliance to protect it, but then it shies away because of "political concerns."

I guess sometimes I just wanna play Europa Universalis without colonization.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I will always hate the glitterhoof event because I hate the name of the horse. And there is only ever the one name.

Tormented posted:

I'm about to reform Germanic as a Saxon. I'm I going to lose raiding once I reform as I'm not norse?

You can also raid as long as you're tribal.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Also, does anyone know how the game measures who controls a specific trade zone. Is it number of trade posts in a given sea zone? When I went from tribal to merchant one of the AI families immediately built a trade post on my capital which pissed me the gently caress off. He currently has 3 and I have 2. My trade post in Northumbria has the connected to capital bonus (I assume from the sea connection due to being in the same zone?) But the one in York isn't connected to the capital, even though they're all under the umbrella of the Pictland trade zone.

If I build one in Durham would it get the connected bonus because of the land connection into the sea zone that my capital is in?

I like how you have a weeb trade zone.

JosefStalinator posted:

Has anyone made an anti-pope in shattered worlds?

I'm pretty sure I meet all the requirements, but it won't let me create an anti-pope (it's grayed out). Is it a shattered worlds bug?

I have 500 prestige, free investiture (empire and kingdom), and he likes me more than the pope :(.

I think they made a new requirement that the bishop must be at least count-level for you to popify him, which normally I avoid religious leaders having that much temporal power at all costs.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

snoremac posted:

Is it normal in a Charlemagne-era start for the Umayyad to dominate? As of 1008 they stretch from the borders of Ghana to Bohemia (which is also massive). The Spanish kingdoms never surfaced and France doesn't exist anymore. Even tucked up in Scotland & Ireland I'm getting a little worried about them.

Theoretically Holy Fury gives Christianity a bit more of a chance, with the reconquista on one side and Teutonic Knights and mass conversion on the other, but nobody's really reported on how well those stem the tide yet.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's a whole host of events that probably need rebalancing (or even just reactivating) for the current iteration of CK2. Seljuk spawned in my Byzantine game, and he probably could have taken Persia, but he just HAD to aim for Daylam instead, and after I crushed him he never really recovered.

Jedit posted:

I knew Catholics were getting a rework in this expansion, but that's going a bit far.

Re: Forming Britannia - I think it's Prydain for Bretons. I know it is for the Welsh, but it's been a long time since I took Haesteinn to Wales before Ireland.

Last I played it was Brythonaid for Welsh.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

How revolting.

Also I was wondering why CK was playing the Christmas songs :downs:

There's a free Christmas DLC you probably have enabled.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If you click the title and then click on history, you can see how each holder of the title acquired it. Probably the kid was a really good commander for the Byzantines so he got the imperial succession to choose him.

I feel like generally what culture you want to be is mostly a roleplaying choice, since normally at some point you're going to have a bunch of cultures bumping around your domain anyways. Do you want to stay true to your ancestors or give in to fancy new city ways? Move your base of power up to Greece or keep it back in your heartland?

Probably the Greek vassals will be more powerful than the Abyssinian vassals because they're more built up, and you get the ability to castrate or blind people with Greek culture, but I've never made any heads or tails over cultural retinues.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's bigger than Britain, so sure you'd probably want a way to shortcut across in a boat rather than go around every time. If you're going to model the great lakes in ATE as seas, might as well model the Caspian the same.

Merchant Republics are all hardcoded and don't really make much sense either way you slice them, so why not.

darthbob88 posted:

Apparently they're a Byzantine group, but I'm not sure where they'd be. Maybe someplace in Corsica/Sardinia?

E: No, you're right, they're Albanians. I got nothing, then.

I like breaking up the Byzantine Empire culturally, because that big monolithic greek blob always feels weird.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Crusades work differently now. You can be any level of ruler and appoint a beneficiary to be the recipient of the target of the crusade. If the crusade is successful, you'll get an option to swap out to your beneficiary, and even if you aren't the main winner of the crusade, your beneficiary will probably be made a duke or something, and you get the choice to be vassal in the new crusader kingdom.

You can still do it the old way and declare that you'll take all the titles for yourself, but then you definitely need to be the main winner of the crusade, which is hard to swing as a low-level ruler.

Alternatively, you could even start a game when the kingdom of Jerusalem or other crusader states already exist and go from there.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The next dev diary will admit that there's no more DLCs, but also patch in a scenario where you play a postapocalyptic America.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

A tribe costs like 400 bucks to upgrade into a castle/city, with the option to burn your worthless prestige on extra addons, as opposed to the 600 bucks it takes to make a castle from scratch. It's not much of a problem.

You should be able to just repurpose churches into castles at the cost of some piety and negative church opinion or something (and I guess vice-versa for theocratic rulers?). It's just a big ol' building, it shouldn't be some kind of mystical art to use it for feudal purposes as opposed to theocratic ones. Especially if you're taking over a temple of another religion, then there's not even societal rules you'd be breaking.

You should also get some kind of monetary bonus for converting to iconoclasm from all the icons being looted.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I kinda want animals to not be able to crossbreed with different species to create horrible abomination hybrids, but that'd also ruin half the diplomatic aspect of the game.

Mules could become the new eunuchs of the game though.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Also an opinion penalty with bohemian serfs.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Societies were kind of a half-baked idea from the beginning, so it's no surprise Holy Fury didn't fix that.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Personally I like the story of the Knights Templar lending out money and then the King of France accused them all of heresy and destroyed them.

lurksion posted:

Nomads also get stupid amounts of gold and nothing to spend it on

Kind of accurate? Some steppe nomads wound up with ridiculous amounts of wealth (at least from a eurocentric perspective) from being able to control the silk road, but it's not like they were gonna build something huge with all that cash.

When the Mongols conquered China and then popped up in the west, there are accounts of them wearing fine, fine clothing, but then all tattered and such because the mongols didn't believe in washing laundry. Like they were all bankers who lost all their money in the stock market.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Nam Taf posted:

How do you dissect the HRE once you’re already an emperor and thus can’t vassalise in? I’ve been using holy wars > steal heir of HRE duchy > give holy war duchy > murder HRE duke to carve out some but its excruciatingly slow. I don’t really want to war against the HRE for a duchy every 10 years either.

Is there any way to shatter it into duchy level provinces via mass rebellion/independence?

You wait until EU4 and then pull a Napoleon.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If you want to keep your state intact and try building up for another independence war, you can just surrender. If you just plain wanna be free, do a blaze of glory and to hell with the consequences.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Radio Free Kobold posted:

"Die a Glorious Death" is always the correct choice

Here's a picture of western Europe.
It's heresy. Heresy everywhere.

I really gotta get around to doing a heresy game sometime. I really like the idea of forcing the reformation almost a thousand years ahead of schedule.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Threat doesn't care how specifically warmongering you are, it's all about size and how fast you're growing. Your clever little eugenics program is just as threatening as a massive hellwar. Even if you peacefully ask somebody to swear allegiance, threat goes up.

It's a very simple system to make NPCs wary about big empires and let them band together against a real threat beyond normal alliance rules, but they really should've rejiggered them at some point. I see them forming against other non-player nations every so often, I wonder how much that changes things.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The biggest one is tossing gavelkind if you got it. Ultimogeniture, primogeniture, even feudal elective or seniority will let you keep your conquests united on succession.

You can fabricate claims or bring in claimaints to take land, and even marry into claims for titles, but Jade Dragon brought in new casus belis to "unlawfully" conquer. Basically versions of county conquest like vikings or muslims can do, but open to everyone. It carries higher costs than doing things the slow way, but it speeds things up.

Get yourself a good bishop for coronations, and when you're getting big enough to be in the running for Emperor, be ready to snuggle up with the pope, or even promoting that bishop to antipope. Working your way to the coast could also be useful. Boats are handy. Have a bunch of kids and send them off to all the important ruling families of Europe and spread your dynasty wide. Regret spawning so many errant claimants and exterminate your errant kin after they start trying to take your titles. Pick a heresy, any heresy, and try to supplant catholicism with it. Forge bloodlines. Destroy France. Conquer Italy. Imprison that one annoying vassal you always hated and confiscate his lands, incurring a tyranny malus, and repeat until you're fighting unwinnable hellwars and busted back down to count.

Those are a couple goals you can work towards. Although the most common one is just spreading all over the world like a cancer.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'd like at least the ability to negotiate some kind of ceasefire with rebellions and civil wars of a country that you're attacking. Like I understand some peasant rebellions being too lowly to negotiate with, but a christian rebellion when you're fighting a holy war to recapture Christian lands?

I imagine the loyalty system they're figuring out with Imperator might add some more dynamism to CK3, although it could also break everything. At the very least I'd like the idea of having to court errant armies or hordes diplomatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What gives me the most trouble is tracking down marriageable children of important lords for alliances or inheritance schenanigans. Either you have to manually browse through lords you want to ally with to see if any of their kids are single and willing, or you have to monkey around with the marriage menu to see what kids have parents worth a drat, but if you click off of a child to see their father or realm, the marriage menu collapses and you have to start all over again.

I don't think there's a UI solution for that beyond just algorithmically figuring out what the player wants and making a list of recommendations though. Maybe letting you sort by realm proximity?