Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Gaming Gavelkind by marrying an old woman with high stats in everything except Intrigue (because if her Intrigue is high she will murder your promiscuous rear end) and using Seduction focus to crank out a bunch of bastards, leaving them all (except those born Slow/Weak/whatever) acknowledged but not legitimized, then legitimizing whichever one turns out the best has been a thing ever since the introuction of Seduction focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The new guy doesn't have access to Seniority for some reason?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

If the concern is variability you could just reduce the range of the die roll. You don't actually need three flanks to do that. Loss of oblique order is a blow, though, and letting your kids tag a long to learn thingsget killed.

Not sure which game you're talking about here but I fixed that to reflect what happens in Crusader Kings II

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

verbal enema posted:

have i posted this before? I dunno

im stuck with an old Toshiba laptop as my main comp rn and im looking for ANY ways to increase performance. Ive taken off watee trees fx all that goofy stufd but once i hit unpause its no joke like 30 seconds per day tic on slowest and i get messages several days after the events have occurred.

I know there probably isn't much more i can do but if anyone has some ideas let me know!

Do you have the performance mod that turns off all nonessentials and removes India?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

lurksion posted:

I was going to say I've never gotten the immortality chain, but then I remembered I never picked up Reapers Due.

Hot take, Reapers Due sucks and makes the game worse, fight me

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The extra holdings are definitely awesome, but not enough to put up with half the nobility in the world being disfigured in one way or another.

Just like with Seduction, they took a concept that was cool and awesome in small doses and drowned us in a neverending flood of it

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Everything is aimed at Ironman

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

You guys know you can let go of your cheevos and then just use the console to switch over to whatever character you want, right?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

My bad, I thought the topic at hand was "I wish I could play as whichever character I want"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Note that Holy War is a really dangerous CB to use because anyone of the religion you're targeting is allowed to enter it against you. Having attacked Emir Droolface of Fuckoffistan and his piddly 2,500 troops, you can suddenly find yourself up against the Abbasid caliph and 40,000 of his closest friends. We used to call it the Muslim Clowncar.