Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I just started playing the game after wanting to try it out for years. I was a big fan of Medieval Total War back in the day and was a big fan of the diplomacy side of its campaign mode, even if it was bare-bones and frequently arbitrary, so this seemed like a good game for me.

After a few teething problems, I'm starting to really enjoy it now! I don't have any DLC yet, although people have told me that some of them are must-haves if I want to take things further. I've been reading through some of the tutorial LPs and other links, but if it's not frowned upon would it be okay to ask some questions about the base game here? Just to clear some minor things up without me searching for them again, because I have the lazy trait I gues.

Just as an aside though, is it me or is the tutorial kind of bad? It throws all sorts of things at you with little explanation and says that you can basically play as you want, but it also has a bunch of scripted events to fit its prompts, and these aren't necessarily easy to remember. I'm still confused by how you transport troops via ships. I'm glad I just decided to learn the game via playing it normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's a good game, but I'm not sure if it's a good chill drinking game. I conquered an area and had the 100% mark at the bottom so I thought if I offered peace that would be the end of it, as it had been after a previous war I did, but instead it made my (different religion) enemy into my vassal who understandably hates me and I can't just tell him to gently caress off without a major penalty? Confused, in life and game.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
That clears a lot up, thank you all for the posts. :)