Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Anno posted:

Some nice additional options for vassal contracts. Good use for those hooks you dig up on your liege/vassal.

Poor Istvan, he seems like such a cool guy but his wife seems like a harridan - or at least has a terrible case of resting bitch face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Eimi posted:

Do we know the start dates of ck3? I've seen lots of 1066, but what about 876 or 936?

I recall reading between the lines in one of the dev diaries that there are two start dates - 1066 obviously, but I can't remember what the other one is. I think it's 876...

...found it: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ckiii-dev-diary-26-map-scope.1389565/

"Turning to Mongolia, there is a powerhouse present in both bookmarks. In 867, you have the Kirghiz Khanate, and Great Liao in 1066. Counties and provinces include Karakorum and the entire area surrounding lake Baikal."

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Ethiser posted:

Assuming it'll work like previous Paradox games there are technically hundreds of start dates since you can start at any year within the range of the game, with CK2 you could only select specific years after 1066, but maybe they are adding the years between 876 and 1066.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I believe they've specifically said they aren't doing that this time because it's a ton of extra work and 99% of players only ever pick the bookmarks.

I seem to remember reading/hearing this too, but I can't find out where. If I had to bet I'd say it's just those two years on release, with more dates as potential DLC offerings.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Do they need to be independent rulers? I need to read the diary again, I had thought it was just the most powerful ruler of that culture period.

edit: nope, I was wrong. "Any culture with at least one landed ruler somewhere has a cultural head, who then has complete control over which fascination is selected from available innovations."

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 20, 2020

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I tried Old World, it's... OK? Lost interest pretty fast, although none of the Civ series have really done it for me since Civ 4's Fall From Heaven mod.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
EU just got too unwieldy. It needs a reset so that the actual good mechanics can all be fully integrated, while dropping the dumb stuff. CKII never quite reached that point although it's close, and I'd rather CKIII show up a year early than the multiple years too late for EU.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Dallan Invictus posted:

I mean it's not a weird thing to change, knowing this series and its audience, but I just looked at the CK2 history files and they weren't scripted to be lovers in the CK2 1066 start.

(historically, some people/chroniclers thought Alfonso and Urraca were lovers but that might just have been the usual Secret History style slanders against disliked political figures)

I wonder if it's a small random chance? With fewer preset starts they can maybe afford to have a couple wacky easter eggs like that.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Eimi posted:

Supposedly even Hellenic is in and playable at launch, but if it's not I just hope it comes back soon so I can properly restore the Roman empire. :colbert: :hist101:

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about their implementation of religion. It seems like a very flexible base to build on in the future (both with official DLC and mods).

I'm not sure if CKIII will be a great game or not on release. I'm quite sure many of the numbers will be hilariously imbalanced, and that the AI will be as quirky as you'd expect from any strategy game... but at the same time, all of the major game design changes they've made from CKII seem very deliberate and well-considered. There isn't really anything that I've seen so far where I've thought "why the hell would you do that?".

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Anno posted:

A new Introducing CK3 video - Money

The guy who’s done the last few said that the next one will be his last, though it’s unclear if that’s the last of the series or if it’ll just go on to someone else.

The timing works out; tomorrow is exactly two weeks before the release date so I suspect that's when the embargo lifts.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Crusader Kings III: Gavelkind Inheritance

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Depression is inherited in-game now. Huh. Notably, it's also more deadly than drunkenness and giantism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Or they just haven't got around to adding it in for the base game. The ability to adopt an heir seems like something that could be tossed into the culture/technology system pretty easily.