Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Drone_Fragger posted:

So I heard it's possible to exterminate mankind and replace them all with horses. Is this a normal occurrence in this game or is that more a freak happening?

It was possible, if you did some very specific things and exploited the game mechanics, but I think it's fixed now:

https://kotaku.com/that-time-a-horse-conquered-the-ancient-world-1757913762

But with Holy Fury there's now an option to start with randomly generated animal kingdoms which include dragons, cats, dogs, ducks, bears, polar bears, and horses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Saw this on the official forums, I wonder if they can build boats in river provinces so they could raid along rivers, or they have to reach a sea province before they could?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Thanks to the Warrior Lodge, brutal combat, and some terrible medical treatments I now know how to acquire parrot.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I forged my first bloodline, it did not go well

The kicker is I was about 100 days from building my tenth castle when this bloodline was forged. At least I have 10 new castles along with my new bloodline, all the vassals I handed them out to are going to find them very useful in their inevitable revolts.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Uhhh, unless you were going for the hybrid 15 years of peace, build castles (which it sounds like you were not) you rolled a far, far better one.

Why build castles when you can just plot to take them?

It's the revolt risk and vassal opinions that's the problem for me, I'm on a random world with unreformed pagan religions throughout my empire, all of which are hard to convert, and most vassal are part of those different religions, so I'm constantly on the verge of rebellions. Fortunately there's also major trading posts all over my territory, so I rake in about 50 gold a month from controlling Britain, and always have 4k in the bank to handle pesky revolts, so half my vassals are rotting in my dungeons. The other half end up being rivals, so I just spend my time challenging them duels, hacking pieces of them off bit by bit until they die, and farming prestige. The only tricky part is because my religion allows 4 wives, and there's a prestige penalty if you don't, everyone ends up with a dozen+ kids and a lot of my rebellious vassals end up being relatives, so killing them gets me kinslayer traits. I guess that also means they have my lovely bloodline, so I guess their vassals hate them too. Certainly keeps things interesting though.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Is it possible to create a 2nd bloodline after you've made one with 5000+ prestige?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Weird, I keep get 5k prestige but it's not triggering the bloodline ambition on new characters.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I just had 4 emperors assassinated in a row within 5 years, and the fifth emperor, who I'm pretty sure was behind it all, immediately got his head chopped off during a Warrior Lodge duelling mission.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I do wonder if creating two bloodlines on one character doubles the chance his bloodline will try to emulate him. I've got a rather weird mix of a family focused bloodline with a cool influence close relatives ability, and the bloodworshipping bloodline, with the founder of the bloodline having nearly all the green traits and no negative traits (apart from missing his eye, hand, and part of his face). He was nice to his kids, and not so nice to his enemies.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

This seems to be a fix, there's a small mod and a link to it on steam as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/9xx0lu/legendary_gathering_cooldown/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

So is there an option to have randomised monuments and special buildings in the new game options now?