Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sky Shadowing posted:

Conclave is one of the best DLCs in my opinion because it makes your council actually something interesting and important.

I think opinions on Conclave were split depending on if people liked to start as a king/emperor or a count, as well as if you try to roleplay at all or if you try to gamify it and just expand. If you're working your way up from the bottom, there's all sorts of shenanigans you can get up to by getting on your lieges council and calling in favors and such, and all sorts of interesting story drama to be had by giving you more consideration for who to put on your council than just stats.

If you're already at the top, though, the council becomes an irritant to your rule that tries to block you at every turn, making it more difficult to declare wars and act tyrannical, as well as sticking a negative modifier on all the vassals you can't find room for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I am hella PEEVED posted:

I'm glad I started the "Reapers Due is a good DLC" faction.

Shattered Retreats and Defensive Pacts both hit in the Conclave patch, which people hated and gave the DLC at bad name.

Oh right, I forgot that was when those hit. Shattered retreats are kinda irritating at times but whatever, you can turn them off.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Xerophyte posted:

I used to watch Arumba's LPs when Factorio was just released and he was being amusingly incompetent at it, but for the last year or two he's just sounding like he increasingly hates his job and can't find a way out. I can't imagine "plays groggy games for the internet" having that many transferable skills, especially when you refuse to do any video editing.

E: I think he is genuinely good at paradoxing, for all his constant kvetching and misreads. He just sounds like he's miserable whenever he plays yet another campaign, all the while being 100% financially dependent on constantly playing yet another campaign.

I think I remember him mentioning in one of his videos recently that his wife left him, so I guess I can sympathize a bit with him feeling miserable but having to replay the same games for the hundredth time to support himself.

Are there any other good CK2 LPers? I don't mind Arumba personally but he's usually a bit more focused towards EU4.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Question: If you're playing an Animal Kingdoms game as a Lunatic Horse ruler, do you get an event to appoint a human named Glitterfoot to your council?