Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Dear Santa Claus

Despite posting in these here forums, I promise I've otherwise been good. I mostly use my pens at work at a hospital, so I'm a big user of more serious looking blues, greens, reds and blacks, but what's the point of samples if not trying out something different? If you don't mind I'm not a big fan of eyedroppers so far, but maybe it's just the noodler charlie that's a leaky poo poo. I'm kinda interested in weird and interesting china pens.

Pens I own and love:
Pilot: a pile of metros, M through F.
Lamy: Safaris in F and EF, All Star in EF, 2000 in F.
Kaweko: Liliput in M
China pens: PenBBS 350 in whatever size they come in (F?) Moonman M2.
TWBSI: Eco in B and F, Classic in EF, GO in EF.

Inks I own or have sampled:
1. Pilot: Yama-Guri (so pretty), Shin-Ryoku
2. Sailor: Tokiwa-Matsu (one of my faves for work), Kobe Maiko, Miruai (left a really nice stain on my lab coat), Iori (wish I got a bottle while they were still easily available)
3. R & K: Verdura (another daily workhorse for charting)
4. Noodler's: Raven Black, General of the Armies, Blue upon the plains of Abraham (really nice, RIP my bottle that I dropped), Midnight Blue (v. nice sheen), Bernanke Black, Borealis Black, Nikita.
5. Diamine: Sherwood Green (Often used at work), Denim.
6. Kyo No Oto: Adzukiro (seems to clog my metro easily, but really lovely colour), Hisoku.

Bring on the horrifying goon abominations. Just not on the outer packaging please, the lady at the post office wouldn't appreciate that. (It's super cold here, please specify for delivery with signature)

I mostly use my pens to chart patient files at work, with some occasional doodling at home, so my main attraction to FPs is good ink capacity and decent handling.

Shops: I'm a big fan of wonder pens, but am open to any others that ship to Canada.

Hope the elves don't filch your good pen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Going over to the post office during my supper break this evening. Hope everything gets there on time. Hopefully some of my more unorthodox packaging choices don’t put you off Santee!
e: in predictable fashion once I seal up the package I realize I didn’t put the card in.

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 13, 2018

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for the lovely card Secret Santa!, I'm really looking forward to inking up some of the blues you sent me. The reds are already in action at work and I must say I was really surprised by how nice the Tianamen looks!
The paper on the notepad is really nice, I'll attach a picture of the colours I'm currently using later. Since you've expressed interest in how the Iori looks, I have no choice but to send you a nice postcard as a thank you.

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 22, 2018

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I work in healthcare; I hope the additives in those vials didn’t mess up anything about the inks. I was half convinced post Canada might seize the package thinking something hella weird was going on. The stickers were made by a friend; I was rooting though my stuff for bonus package content and found them.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Taxes posted:

Big thanks to Pixelante for offering to adopt me as a Secret Santa orphan after two others bailed - that was really kind of you! Got a fistful of ink samples, including some that I had never even heard of (Montblanc Swan Illusion and Noodler's Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham, specifically), a lovely card, and a very nice Rhodia pocket notebook which will certainly find a home in my scrub top. They Play-doh was also a nice touch. I think Swan Illusion will be the first one to try!

Expect another surprise at some point!