Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Dear Santa,

What you love, what you’d like to try, or what you definitely do not want.
I'm usually more interested in F or EF nibbed pens but I have played around with B or stub nibs and I have a full set of Pilot Parallels. I also like weird, unique, or vintage/retro pens.
I like pretty much every color of ink but I have several black inks so pretty much any colors aside from that is preferable.
Oh, I also like stuff that's unique to where you live or what you do even if it's not directly FP-related.
I'm enough of a weirdo to have and use melted wax and a signet to seal envelopes. I'm super down for other sealing wax.

What you already have.
I'm not nearly organized enough to have a spreadsheet of inks/pens. I have the usual several Metros, a Safari and an Al-Star, a VP, a Logo, several cheap Chinese pens, a vintage celluloid pen that I need to re-sac, the aforementioned Parallels, a dip pen with several nibs, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting.
I don't have as many inks as pens--I have bottles of 54th Mass, Black Swan in English Roses, Nikita, Orange Indien, Tsukushi, and several different black inks. I also have a smattering of samples.
I have red supple sealing wax, and a signet with my last initial.

If you’re cool with NSFW packaging or content. (Dong glitter exists. Just say’n.)
Please keep the outside packaging SFW so my postal carrier doesn't look at me funny (more than usual, anyway) but do whatever you want to the inside.
It's also regularly below freezing here right now (dropping to the teens-twenties in Freedom Degrees in the next couple weeks) so you might want to keep that in mind.

How you use your pens. (Art? Organization? Nanowrimo-ing?)
I'm a writer (poetry and fiction) and my job involves a lot of writing and note-taking.
I keep trying to make Bullet Journaling happen and just picked up one of the special Leuchtturm BuJo notebooks that I'll be starting on December 1. I also use a pocket/passport-sized Traveler's Notebook as a wallet which is also where I jot down things like shopping lists or poo poo I need/want to remember and transfer to a different notebook later.
I love all kinds of FP-friendly stationery from HP copy paper to Tomoe River and Rhodia pads. Cards/notecards/postcards are also cool.
I am abjectly terrible at drawing or other visual arts but I keep trying because uh... I'm dumb/a masochist/stubborn?

The shops you prefer, so your Santa can choose a gift-card.
My preferred shops are Amazon and Goulet Pens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
My santee's package should be there by Friday.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Moral_Hazard posted:

Thank you Magnus Praeda for the awesome Moonman Mini and Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses. I really like the ink and it's not a color I would've picked out on my own. Merry Christmas pen crowd. :v:

I'm glad you liked them! Merry Christmas!

Edit: A package appears!

Oh, a lovely card!

Holy ink samples, Batman! And a lovely Moonman as well!

Taxes posted:

My Santee’s package is in the mail, but it will arrive on Wednesday :( Waited too long to order the item from Amazon and received the wrong thing. Added a bunch of ink samples for their gift arriving a little late, so hopefully that makes it worthwhile!

Looks like USPS brought the hustle and got it here early. You weren't kidding when you said "a bunch of ink samples," wow! I'm going to have to invest in an actual sample rack now and put together a spreadsheet for all these colors.

Many thanks!

Magnus Praeda fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 25, 2018