Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

A lot of the worst aspects of the US (imperialism, survelience, etc) come from agencies under the executive branch, so, imo, that is the one to neuter and reorganize, if we're just sort of playing with ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Zas posted:

A lot of the worst aspects of the US (imperialism, survelience, etc) come from agencies under the executive branch, so, imo, that is the one to neuter and reorganize, if we're just sort of playing with ideas.

So what you're saying is, we need radical states' rights, so that the federal government can't stop Commiefornia from making GBS threads on Failabama anymore :v:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

suck my woke dick posted:

So what you're saying is, we need radical states' rights, so that the federal government can't stop Commiefornia from making GBS threads on Failabama anymore :v:

Or just take all the stuff currently delegated to the executive and delegate it to the office of the Speaker.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I mean getting rid of the senate is pretty essential too, didn't mean to downplay that

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

states' rights would unironically solve the geographic polarization of the country had said polarization being on state lines since a lot of the tensions in the country revolve around control over federal institutions like the presidency and the SCOTUS. The problem with states' rights is that sections of the country would quickly revert back to looking like the pre-civil rights era.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Typo posted:

states' rights would unironically solve the geographic polarization of the country had said polarization being on state lines since a lot of the tensions in the country revolve around control over federal institutions like the presidency and the SCOTUS. The problem with states' rights is that sections of the country would quickly revert back to looking like the pre-civil rights era.

I mean,

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Dallas, Atlanta, Austin, Miami, NoVa, San Antonio, the Black Belt, New Orleans, the Rio Grande Valley, etc: definitely what's wrong with the US, everything bad is in one region, thank god we can just ditch them and suddenly everything will be good.

Watertown, NY? What's that?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Dallas, Atlanta, Austin, Miami, NoVa, San Antonio, the Black Belt, New Orleans, etc: definitely what's wrong with the US, everything bad is in one region, thank god we can just ditch them and suddenly everything will be good.

Watertown, NY? What's that?

nah but outside of flyover country and the deep south people living in the 21st century outnumber people living in the 18th

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

nah but outside of flyover country and the deep south people living in the 21st century outnumber people living in the 18th

not really, and also, LOL yeah nuke all the poors and blacks that'll do the trick?

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

not really, and also, LOL yeah nuke all the poors and blacks that'll do the trick?

We can all agree that nuking Florida would be a net benefit for the entire human race right?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RagnarokZ posted:

We can all agree that nuking Florida would be a net benefit for the entire human race right?

No, not really. Jokes like this really aren’t funny, especially when Florida will actually be underwater soon and millions will be displaced and lose their homes. Don’t poo poo the thread up with this anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

No, not really. Jokes like this really aren’t funny, especially when Florida will actually be underwater soon and millions will be displaced and lose their homes. Don’t poo poo the thread up with this anymore.

A lot of that will be much slower, not rapid sort of displacement you get from storms, though there will be some of that too. Saltwater intrusion and land subsidence will make fresh water more expensive and livable areas fewer, or render many undesirable such that no one will move in to replace people as they leave, and stuff like rising surface water temperatures and increased pollution including agricultural runoff are going to ruin the attraction of some of the state's primary economic drivers. It's more a slow burn sort of thing over a generation or so, aside from the storms.