Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

OK, so like, the bestest newest Nvidia card that tops the performance chart is EVGA's RTX 2080 Ti FTW3:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-2487-KR

It's $1,350. That's a lot but I guess a hardcore gamer would like to pay that. OK.

But like, oh no! You can't order it! There's an "Auto Notify" button but I read that apparently you have to react to the notify within minutes or seconds because the card will just sell out that fast. Oh no!

So like, the only way to buy it is wait for someone to put it on eBay and sell it for $2,000. So now you have to pay $2,000.

No one's gonna pay that!

But wait!

https://ebay.to/2qHfahh
https://ebay.to/2PpEpUf

lol!

$2000 video game graphics card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Here's one available right now, but it's now over $2,000, and also ships from some guy in Australia!

https://ebay.to/2RQP9ro

lol!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

thanks, bitcoin

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

why would people pay $10 to read you’re posts

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

its called ftw lol epic

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

manchildren with disposable income and privileged social standing that allows them to blow it

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
nothing even supports its raytracing capabilities yet, the entire selling point

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

if nvidia were smart they would make cards that completely cripple bitcoin mining software and still perform in bideo djhaimes and then sell a dedicated mining card for like $10,000 with VGA out for idiots to buy

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

honestly tho lifeless dweebs will pay out the rear end for a prebuilt KICKIN RAD LED SYSTEM and you can slap a nice 30% markup on your four thousand dollar climate change machine

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

even if it did, if it's dx12 it won't work since the windows update that adds it still isn't out since they can't get it to stop deleting people's files

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

fart simpson posted:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SRQ posted:

four thousand dollar climate change machine

there is no way your rear end is worth four grand

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Because they have lots of dollars but no sense.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Peeny Cheez posted:

Because they have lots of dollars but no sense.

don’t sign

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Ha! I don't even have dollars

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

a friend of mine is dead set on buying a 2080ti for his water cooled monster computer

on which is he solely plays one game, war thunder, which is characterized by 1) being possibly the most freemium game there is to play and 2) by requiring no hardware to play.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
$2000 is a lot for some people, not so much for others, op.

everyone has different priorities and where they allocate resources.

funny computer

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Phoenixan posted:

well there aren't any 3-D 4K tv shows out now of course, but one day this five-figure television's gonna be

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

a friend of mine is dead set on buying a 2080ti for his water cooled monster computer

on which is he solely plays one game, war thunder, which is characterized by 1) being possibly the most freemium game there is to play and 2) by requiring no hardware to play.

if you count 3dmark he plays two games

e: thanks for reminding me of the "my dad spent everything our family had on gpotatos" thread

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 13, 2018

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
cash rich and FPS poor

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

flakeloaf posted:

if you count 3dmark he plays two games

e: thanks for reminding me of the "my dad spent everything our family had on gpotatos" thread

we have the same circle of real life friends?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op many people spend way more than that on their children

computer is smarter, more useful, and a better companion than a child

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i finally upgraded to a 1060 recently , but i waited until i could find something quiet and energy efficient. the noise, heat and power of those huge cards just isn't something i'd ever want. the whole rgb thing is also nearly always bad, but tbh some of it looks cool if it's done tastefully. i guess that's it - huge graphics cards are tacky

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

we have the same circle of real life friends?

memories of my past retail-self swearing to a customer that the ti4600 did nothing the 4400 he already had wouldn't

so naturally he bought it anyway

i'm not exactly holy in this regard, but at least my 1080s aren't multicoloured RGB monstrosities and they don't make any appreciable sound; also i plan to have them until 2024 (so lol me in 2021 when the new boards have no pci-e slots or something)

the heat's kinda nice in the winter

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i agree that its silly to pay more than the asking price to get something a few weeks early when theyre not gonna stop making them and it will remain top of the line for a few years op

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
what idiots, I only spent $1000 on videocard :smuggo:

i have an excuse though, I got a 38" ultrawide monitor and it needs a 1080ti at a minimum

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i am a harcore gamer and my $200 970 is pretty need suiting. only game i can't get decent framerates on is arma 3 and i'm not gonna really fault my card for that one

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
dude no one is buying one of those.

you gotta sli it 3x! :getin:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
to mine dunning-krugerrands

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

you gotta sli it 3x! :getin:

surprisingly you can't sli more than two of the new cards

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

a great card for games that don't exist so people can play on monitors they don't have

also lol negative performance scaling in sli

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
waiting for the rtx5050 entry level ($699) 8k capable card to come out in 2025, that should roughly be the point when actual 8k screens hit the mass market

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

indigi posted:

to mine dunning-krugerrands

Lucky sez “MSI brand video cards are for having fun with cool graphics and fun games.”

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 14, 2018

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

suck my woke dick posted:

waiting for the rtx5050 entry level ($699) 8k capable card to come out in 2025, that should roughly be the point when actual 8k screens hit the mass market
is there any actual benefit to an 8k screen at a desktop size as opposed to a 5k screen. 5k is basically where it plateaus out in terms of perception right

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

is there any actual benefit to an 8k screen at a desktop size as opposed to a 5k screen. 5k is basically where it plateaus out in terms of perception right

number higher better than

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

an 8k wall sized microled display streaming 70mm digital transfers at native res over 10gbe would be pretty Fuckin Sweet though fam

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

that’s for a tiny 27”, a 38” ultrawide monitor at the same ppi would be 7680x3200

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
are those 2080 tis still burning out left and right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sniep posted: