Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i built a new pc not long ago for the first time in 10 years and i got a 2070 because i was already spending a good chunk of money anyway. and also my job involves a lot of graphics programming so being able to gently caress around with whatever made it into the latest apis or nvidia extensions is useful. and i do some machine learning stuff too so why not

lol if you're upgrading from anything even mildly recent though. spend that cash on a better hobby, ideally something that won't kill you long term. get a bike or some ski gear. hell, for 2k you can probably buy a full set of diving gear and that's gonna get you graphics that are way more impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i thought this was a guillotine at first

converting it into one would be pretty rad tbh, and also useful and ironic once computer touchers finally get what they deserve

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i call it the cyberguillotine

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

use it as punishment for the capitalists: they deserve the guillotine, but we all know that it's actually wrong to do it. so instead, drag them out into a public square, strap them into a guillotine with vr goggles, and make them experience the french revolution vr experience with haptic feedback while we jeer at them.

everyone can watch and it will be a huge spectacle. afterwards we take all of their money and they can finally join society.

i dunno about this, apparently one of the most popular attraction at davos is the "refugee experience" where they get to crawl through stuff and what-not to simulate the authentic experience of losing everything you've ever known. so they might enjoy it

not the second part though