Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Telebite posted:

OK, so like, the bestest newest Nvidia card that tops the performance chart is EVGA's RTX 2080 Ti FTW3:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-2487-KR

It's $1,350. That's a lot but I guess a hardcore gamer would like to pay that. OK.

But like, oh no! You can't order it! There's an "Auto Notify" button but I read that apparently you have to react to the notify within minutes or seconds because the card will just sell out that fast. Oh no!

we just got an RTX 2080 Ti direct from Nvidia with no hassle whatsoever

much easier than finding someone selling one for a markup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Jonny 290 posted:

i want to get a real monitor but i am not getting rid of these 20's and so i need to bring a tape measure to microcenter and buy my monitor based on its vertical height so that everything lines up like a huge rear end matrix hacker display with the widescreen in center and the 20's flanking

they still look really good and i cant bear to get rid of them, garbage res aside

plug them into old workstations

get like an SGI Tezro and a Sun Blade 2500 and run Irix and Solaris as daily drivers

someone’s probably built Chromium

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

nah i got no power or space budget to run old garbage computers

if its not a c2d or better it doesnt get brought into this house. i had my quirky hoarder stage

old workstations are not garbage

:argh:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yeah good luck finding a tezro for any reasonable sum

a friend did and made it his home daily driver for a while, it was cool

same friend would run his origin in his townhouse garage during winter, with the rendered Yule log on screen, to keep it warm while he drank beer and hacked into there