Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Phoenixan posted:

nothing even supports its raytracing capabilities yet, the entire selling point

well there aren't any 3-D 4K tv shows out now of course, but one day this five-figure television's gonna be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

a friend of mine is dead set on buying a 2080ti for his water cooled monster computer

on which is he solely plays one game, war thunder, which is characterized by 1) being possibly the most freemium game there is to play and 2) by requiring no hardware to play.

if you count 3dmark he plays two games

e: thanks for reminding me of the "my dad spent everything our family had on gpotatos" thread

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 13, 2018

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

we have the same circle of real life friends?

memories of my past retail-self swearing to a customer that the ti4600 did nothing the 4400 he already had wouldn't

so naturally he bought it anyway

i'm not exactly holy in this regard, but at least my 1080s aren't multicoloured RGB monstrosities and they don't make any appreciable sound; also i plan to have them until 2024 (so lol me in 2021 when the new boards have no pci-e slots or something)

the heat's kinda nice in the winter

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

a great card for games that don't exist so people can play on monitors they don't have

also lol negative performance scaling in sli

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

it’s apparently only the highest priced founders edition

pay out the nose and get poo poo on I guess

i'd wager hardly anyone using a founders edition card paid for it

xqc's got one and it's a safe bet that it was sent to him by a sponsor (because buying one would mean going outside)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

bleeding edge video cards a bad purchase?

well i never

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i want to get a real monitor but i am not getting rid of these 20's and so i need to bring a tape measure to microcenter and buy my monitor based on its vertical height so that everything lines up like a huge rear end matrix hacker display with the widescreen in center and the 20's flanking

they still look really good and i cant bear to get rid of them, garbage res aside

nothing wrong with wanting to keep working kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The_Franz posted:

true

these days it would be streamed on twitch with highlights on youtube

louis pregnant antoinette du barry guillotine finger family 03_216.flv