Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol if there's so much excess inventory why does a 1060 still cost as much today as when i bought it like a year and a half ago?

fake edit: holy gently caress no way, i bought my 1060 back in august 2016?? :wth:

so, okay, why does a 1060 still cost as much today as it did two and a half years ago

hmm now that want one

I have a Radeon something 270 🤷‍♂️ how can I tell if the 1060 is compatible with my mobo and psu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Broken Machine posted:

you should be fine to just drop it in without any other changes; just get one with 6gb, and don't get a mega gamer xtreme version

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/VGAEVG6163/EVGA-GeForce-GTX1060-Graphics-Card-6GB-GDDR5-SC-Ve

do the brands really matter that much?

guess was wondering about those extra power cables

it’ll be powering 1920x1080 lol but also been wanting a nvidia for ages for rendering but last time i looked they were about six hundo so i wrote it off but thanks to this thread just looked and now just under four which i have decided is worth it for better pixels

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
think mine is 550 but thanks for that advice i could be well wrong, i’ll double check

e: 520 ... nice

i’ve been cranking the settings on assassins creed but frame limited to 24fps which i have become completely used to so doesn’t seem bad at all

i mean tv is 24 fps except tv as motion blur

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 15, 2019

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i got the 1060 6gb it’s ok I guess

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
was kinda hoping for a bigger jump from the r9 270 but honestly not unhappy with it at all plus the 6gb is a huge boost and the rendering performance in blender is epic as gently caress